PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah though he still would be too expensive (imho) for what he would've signed up here for.  We need to use that cap space on our blueline (again imho).

Glad he's doing well though (especially since its not at the expense of us).  He never asked to be traded (to my knowledge) & thus didn't force management's hands (though his offensive production did likely price himself out of our reach).

For sure. Is what it is. Dollars allocated to more needful positions and most importantly Hronek,

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Forgot to respond to that second part amigo...

I wonder, how Stillman/ Burroughs pairing or other pairing that hasn't worked out over the years wild have done, with the staff we have now for the Dmen? Myers and Juulsen seems to have benefitted immensely from working with them?

I'll never understand why they let Burroughs walk.  He was a solid #6 D.   Lead the team in hits, after Schenn.  And now is doing the same in San Jose. And he hit mostly to remove the player from the puck efficiently. He was great with the first pass out of the zone. And in keeping the puck in the O zone at the point. He wasn't a "star" player, but he did his job very well.

I don't get how a multi year deal, which the Canucks were unwilling to do, was not considered at all.  Yes it locks down that cap hit for three years, as the Sharks signed him for 1.1 x 3 .   That means the Canucks probably could have signed him for a cool million per year x 3.  The upside is that you have that particular position taken care of for three years, and on the cheap. No need to scramble to fill that position a year later. (Cole is only signed one year).

Kyle was already starting to get acclimatized to Tocchet's system.  He was trusted to be Schenn's stand in partner with Hughes after Schenn was gone after the TD.  I was certain he'd earned a spot on Tocchets team and was shocked that the Canucks excuse was that he wanted a multi year deal.  To me, that was a plus, not a minus.  1.1 x 3  for a good hardworking physical and committed RHD is a figure a GM should not be frightened of.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Time to find a way to bring Reinhart home in the offseason. He enjoyed his time in the sun.

Reinhart is a winger, not a centre. He's got 50 points in 39 games. Florida is not going to let him go.

Kuz would not be enough.

24 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Reinhart is a winger, not a centre. He's got 50 points in 39 games. Florida is not going to let him go.

Kuz would not be enough.

Reinhart on Petey's wing means we don't need to overload our 1st line with Miller and Boeser. And Reinhart can and does take faceoffs so that means Petey and Reinhart can take faceoffs on their dominant side. We'll have Mik, Petey, and Reinhart on the 1st line. The 2nd line can be Hogs, Miller, and Boeser. And I said to get him in the offseason. Trade Kuzmenko for a rental piece this season. Target Reino in the offseason.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I have no problem with paying Petey. The problem is whether he’s trying to squeeze every last dollar from the organization and limiting the options for better supporting cast. $10-$10.5 mil/year is a lot of money. If he leaves that extra $1 mil/year might be the difference between us winning the Cup and coming short. I keep on bringing up the examples of Oilers and Leafs that overpay a few players and then not being able to close the holes down the lineup - that’s what we will be if we go too high on Petey.

Same here.  He is holding and waiting until the playoffs to see if he can carry the team on his back to the Cup.   If he can do that, he will get his money.  If he cannot, he probably will be thinking a reasonable deal that will help this team. I'm sure he wants the cup more than his money.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

LA lost their game 🙂

PLD - 0 goals 0 assists -2

Terrible value at 8.5M x 8yrs

He has 7 goals 9 assists in 36 games. PLD is also -7 on the season.

Meanwhile on a power forward play driver comparison, our JT last night got 2 goals, 1 assist and was +5.

So far JT has 18 goals 35 assist in 39 games (+18 on the season)

Great value at 8M per for 7 years!

JT does not have a big contract monkey on his back. He can just play. I hope other canucks can see it too.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Same here.  He is holding and waiting until the playoffs to see if he can carry the team on his back to the Cup.   If he can do that, he will get his money.  If he cannot, he probably will be thinking a reasonable deal that will help this team. I'm sure he wants the cup more than his money.

I hope you are right. And if he does carry the team to the Cup - I have no problem with him getting paid.

Reinhart will be tough to get, he'll command 8M+ just like Guentzel. And even if we could afford him long-term Florida will use his as an own rental this season, he's too important to their team right now. 

If St.Louis is looking to make moves Pavel Buchnevich would be a good guy to target. Or if Ottawa is looking to change their mix maybe they could make a play for Drake Batherson. 

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Reinhart will be tough to get, he'll command 8M+ just like Guentzel. And even if we could afford him long-term Florida will use his as an own rental this season, he's too important to their team right now. 

If St.Louis is looking to make moves Pavel Buchnevich would be a good guy to target. Or if Ottawa is looking to change their mix maybe they could make a play for Drake Batherson. 

If we go Sens got to try and get Brady T. He’s likely wanting out too, and is best buds with Hughes. Knows he’d get to play with Petey and have a good chance for the Cup, so price comes down. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If we go Sens got to try and get Brady T. He’s likely wanting out too, and is best buds with Hughes. Knows he’d get to play with Petey and have a good chance for the Cup, so price comes down. 

There's no way they would trade Brady but if it was ever a possibility I'd make a huge offer. Basically our best assets aside from Willander. It'll never happen though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

There's no way they would trade Brady but if it was ever a possibility I'd make a huge offer. Basically our best assets aside from Willander. It'll never happen though.

Matt T got out of Cowpieville. I can see Brady T demanding out, especially if he knows it is who’s calling. 

11 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Sens are serious pick suckers. They have no future. Brady knows this and will want out. Especially to our club. 
Now bow and kneel to the empties. 

and calm down on that disgusting language. My goodness! That’s a serious potty mouth. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1