PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

image.thumb.png.ee1d508925e622ddf7c0c17981914760.png

Oh well, Canucks will have to earn top spot in the league the hard way ... beat the teams ahead of them head to head.

There goes 1 game in hand that the Kings had!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I have no problem with paying Petey. The problem is whether he’s trying to squeeze every last dollar from the organization and limiting the options for better supporting cast. $10-$10.5 mil/year is a lot of money. If he leaves that extra $1 mil/year might be the difference between us winning the Cup and coming short. I keep on bringing up the examples of Oilers and Leafs that overpay a few players and then not being able to close the holes down the lineup - that’s what we will be if we go too high on Petey.

Pettersson has said on numerous occasions, that he lets his agent handle everything. When Petey said I wanna be paid, I took it as his dry sense of humor.

My impression is Pettersson very much wants to stay in Vancouver. They can format their cap to keep the players they want, while likely adding and subtracting

as they see fit. The Benning factor is a thing of the past, thank the Lord.....

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah 5 year $5.25 mil and we had him for four of those. Great deal.

Yeah me too. It's on my bucket list to go down there. I always wanted to take like $25,000 and go rent a place for a month. Now I'd probably need a $100,000. lol. It might just remain a dream ... we'll see.

My dream is to be able to afford a dream of your dream....

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

The team's not going to be able to afford to improve on Aman. Don't forget, he's in just his second year of professional North American hockey, so he will continue to improve. Right now he has his size and skating ability working for him. As he gets more comfortable with the system he will be better. As he gains some size and strength he will be better on the wall and in the dirty areas. He's not ideal, but as a 4C he's fine, and getting better.

Yeah just wished he wasn't so shy of the gym.

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah just wished he wasn't so shy of the gym.

Since he wants to be a regular next year, I'm sure Tocchet and the athletic training staff will give Aman a program and list of expectations. He seems very committed, came into camp in great shape and nearly made the squad at the start of the season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Short of an overpay, he wouldn't be available.  He's the next team captain who grew up in the area and the Sabres are his childhood team.

You gotta petition your team to add some veterans for next year. 

Ian Cole doesn't get enough credit with us, but he's really been the rug that ties the room together for the Canucks. 

Steven Stamkos would be a nice veteran to add this summer for you, and perhaps even Ian Cole if he doesn't stay here (I hope we keep him for one more year). 

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Very kind my good man. 
You are so absolutely right that we have moved on, and anything else is speculation. 

We have and rightfully so moved in to a heavier and harder D, that also can play, as this has been a revelation.
This was something the vast majority of fans had been crying out for in years. 

Cannot wait to see 

Carson Soucy 6'5 

Tyler Myers 6'8 

Nikita Zadorov 6'6 

all dress for the same game. Gonna be marvelous to hear all the whining and complaining from the opposition. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, AatuD2 said:

Cannot wait to see 

Carson Soucy 6'5 

Tyler Myers 6'8 

Nikita Zadorov 6'6 

all dress for the same game. Gonna be marvelous to hear all the whining and complaining from the opposition. 

They'll crush them in the first couple of games... then they Quinn, Petey and Miller do their thing afterwards. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

I am curious to know what players do on their day off in such a city as Big Apple?

Hopefully visit the Lego store or a museum. That's what i did.

MSG tickets are always crazy, like $150 bucks more than the same seats in nj, nyi or dc.

Oh and yeah if you're an NHL hates the canucks theorist then the actual NHL shop in New York next to the league offices helps you. Barely any canucks stuff. As many hartford and nords jerseys as canucks. 2 hats. You could get an orca customized jersey or t-shirt but no skate. So dumb. 

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
g

11 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Why? Juulsen was great. He has gained the confidence of Tocchet and Foote to the point that he was on the ice with Cole for the 6 on 4 at the end of Joshua's penalty. Zadorov has been okay, but the larger the sample size we see, the more he looks like what the Calgary fans told us we were getting, a bottom pairing or #7 guy. I think Juulsen has been better of late and continues to improve his decision making and pace of play, and more importantly, he's the one that the team will be able to fit under the cap after signing EP and FH, and maybe acquiring a winger to play with Petey. Juulsen looks more and more like the player he was projected to be in his draft year, and I think he'll be a fixture in the bottom pairing, or higher until our top prospects like Willander an D-Petey are ready for the big club.

Agreed about Zadorov.  He was always a 6/7 guy, but his physicality was what tipped him more into the 5/6. However after his first 2 or 3 games I haven't been seeing Zadorov step up and make any attempt at those bigger zone entry hits.

Hoping he heals up and starts bring some of that physicality back to the team. We need that same swagger we had when he showed up and we went on that 9-1-1 run. 

• Cheers 2

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
On 1/6/2024 at 8:23 PM, CanuckFanForever said:

compared to Boston the Canucks were weak and they deserved to lose and they did

Marchand roughed up a Sedin and he and the team did nothing

Canucks had 7 of their top 9 forwards injured and 4 of their defenseman were either out or injured.

Compared to Boston a healthy team would have fucking murdered them.