PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

18 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

You gotta petition your team to add some veterans for next year. 

Ian Cole doesn't get enough credit with us, but he's really been the rug that ties the room together for the Canucks. 

Steven Stamkos would be a nice veteran to add this summer for you, and perhaps even Ian Cole if he doesn't stay here (I hope we keep him for one more year). 

Been there, done that, royally screwed it up.  I'm ok with their patient approach.  The club needs to win the fan base back again.  Attendance has been miserable.  The constant front office and coaching incompetence has hurt the organization. 

Long term winning with proper long term success is the best cure.  Best way to do that is to bite the bullet for another season or two and try and succeed with your youth. 

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Been there, done that, royally screwed it up.  I'm ok with their patient approach.  The club needs to win the fan base back again.  Attendance has been miserable.  The constant front office and coaching incompetence has hurt the organization. 

Long term winning with proper long term success is the best cure.  Best way to do that is to bite the bullet for another season or two and try and succeed with your youth. 

I disagree with you.... 

You need veterans to steady the ship and show the young guys how to win. 

Devils lost their veteran d-men this year and are sucking balls. Doesn't matter that they have two of the hottest d-men prospects as replacements (Nemec and Hughes). 

2 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

I disagree with you.... 

You need veterans to steady the ship and show the young guys how to win. 

Devils lost their veteran d-men this year and are sucking balls. Doesn't matter that they have two of the hottest d-men prospects as replacements (Nemec and Hughes). 

We'll know for sure in a couple seasons. 

They could definitely use a couple of vets for next season at the latest on the bottom pairing on D.  I don't think anyone on the Rochester Americans (Amerks) will be ready enough to effectively fill in the bottom pairing.

• Cheers 1

On 1/6/2024 at 8:03 PM, CanuckFanForever said:

I would love to see the Canucks give that much effort and heart that NJD did in the NYI game.  NYI game is our back end of a back to back and 3 games in 4 nights

You know I had to pull this one back up tonight lol

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You know I had to pull this one back up tonight lol

Funny you bring this up, I'm here at home watching this game with my 6 year old son and telling him that's what I mean when I say playing with heart. Their probably tired but their giving it all. I'm Loving it no more excuse just playing their game

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanuckFanForever said:

Funny you bring this up, I'm here at home watching this game with my 6 year old son and telling him that's what I mean when I say playing with heart. Their probably tired but their giving it all. I'm Loving it no more excuse just playing their game

Enjoy the game man.  Something special is brewing this year.