PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

Aman line made me nervous in the D zone .  Ideally you would like to see Blueger and Suter centering the bottom two lines...but when you put EP and JT together you need another center...thankfully 649 line lit em up...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Devron said:

It’s a team game. In the past we didn’t have a chance if we didn’t have elite goaltending. This year we can win in assortment of ways. It’s about time 

Double Bubble Demko is a franchise goalie. Like you say, it’s about time the guys carry him on an off night. Next 10 starts he’s lights out. Two or less against. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

We have our players fighting it right now so that nulifies Hughes being gone imo.

Not Demko's best game the 4th goal was clean amr? I dont think Myers was screening 

him that much was he? Idk seemed like he might have been off tonight. 

I liked Kuzy and Mikey's game tonight I thought they had some good forechecking and were

a factor.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CanuckFanForever said:

and you are willing to day that if the Canucks lose their Hughes

Some guys can't be replace

Jack and Quinn are to players that can't be replaced

It's part of the game just as it's part of the game that a star goalie has an off night (which is what Demko had).  If Demko was on his game, 3 of those goals wouldn't have gone in.  So it's a wash that Jack Hughes was out of their lineup. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Trade Demko for Ullman or 

Lol. Ya. Right. I just want to see things trending upwards for him. Right now they seem to be heading downwards. The good thing about this stretch of games is that you know he will have a stretch of ten games where he is lights out. I guess it’s better if that happens in the playoffs rather then right now.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, CanuckFanForever said:

That's what you call an easy win

Shot attempts were 80 to 30. Demko had a rare off night and we pounded them. Double Bubble Demko wins that game 6-1. 
Accept we are a great club and bow to the empties. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, HKSR said:

It's part of the game just as it's part of the game that a star goalie has an off night (which is what Demko had).  If Demko was on his game, 3 of those goals wouldn't have gone in.  So it's a wash that Jack Hughes was out of their lineup. 

Yeah but we had Demko they didn't have Jack and if you follow Jack Hughes he never has a off game. Just check is game log

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

To close for comfort win but nice that Petey and JT had a good game. Couldn't watch......so did Kuzy do enough to stay out of the press box next game?

I certainly hope so. Tocc shouldn't mess around with that winning lineup again.

Why would anyone think about putting Kuzzy in the Press Box when there were others who played much worse?

Aman had a horrible game... missed several goldplated scoring opportunities which were gimme's... including a perfect setup from Kuzzy for a tap in.

Aman was also responsible for missing his assignment and letting two D walk in and make perfect shots on Demko for two NJ goals.

Yank Aman, put Suter back on the 4th line center position and put Kuzzy with Pettersson and Mikheyev again.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Aman line made me nervous in the D zone .  Ideally you would like to see Blueger and Suter centering the bottom two lines...but when you put EP and JT together you need another center...thankfully 649 line lit em up...

Gives us another option. Maybe we look for another center (Monahan) instead of a winger for the top 6?

11 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Condensed Game Canucks beating the Devil

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9524q3bvt14qrdvufcud

That would be the condensed game if the meat swung back 4 times and hit him in the 

junk 2 of those times.

• Haha 1