PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

35 minutes ago, Coaasty said:

Was a great 55 minutes by the boys tonight. If we can get to 60 we'll be unstoppable! 

First, ecstatic that we won

Second, cowbell over the moon we beat the Devils ... as an aside, I won some very nice bottles of wine against a giant bottle of Stoli from a Devils fan (my friend)

Third, did I mention I am rapturous, rhapsodic, extatique, in neorxnawang that our beloved Canucks beat the Devils 

Mad they played a pretty solid 56 - 57 minutes and made a couple of mistakes that ended up Devil goals. If they could clean up those, which Tocchet would give Chaos Giraffe's left nut for, we would be a very difficult team to beat on any given day.

Lotto Line should be here to stay!! Hopefully Tocchet keeps them together for the rest of the season.

^^^^ means we just need a solid top 6 forward, someone built like Todd Bertuzzi, wheels like Bure, moves like Denis Savard, silky smooth hands like Bossy and hits like Scott Stevens ... and we are a sure-fire SCF participant for the next 4 years. 😆

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

If the Canucks had no Quinn Hughes and this is a back end of a back to back for the Canucks, the Canucks lose

Back end of a back to back?

You just wanted to say back a lot, didn’t you?

• Haha 2

Just now, CanuckFanForever said:

yeah right people on this forum would trade Boeser and EP40 for Jack Hughes 

Jack Hughes is useless when he's injured.  Devils also suck when he's injured, which was tonight.

Kuz played great. Had 3-4 quality chances and was on the right side of the puck for the most part. Can’t say enough about the TDC line. They are winning their matchup 75% of the time. And Ricky from Sunnyvale trailer park ain’t afraid to put them out in any situation. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

If the Canucks had no Quinn Hughes and this is a back end of a back to back for the Canucks, the Canucks lose

WTF !!!! You can't know that. And if NJ didn't put a goalie in net we woulda won by 50. What's the friggin point!

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Why people are replying to the troll.  He gets off from the replies.

It's best to just add to the ignore list. 

Half of the posts are responding to his dumb takes.  

I just give the people what they want I make 1 OP (my opinion) and then just reply to people who quote me

Edited by CanuckFanForever

16 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Kuz looked pretty good but thinking his -1 puts him in the box again

Tocchet should have learned his lesson about not to mess with a winning lineup, so it's unlikely.

6 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Not sure where the ugly win comments or the Demko criticisms are coming from. Must be from some people with astronomical expectations.

Canucks played an excellent 60 mins and owned the game entirely. Loads of energy and a really good forecheck all night. 

Point shots through traffic happen and against the play. Devils happened to get a bunch this game. 

He has a .897 in his past 10 games. He hasn't been great. 

Just a worrying trend. I'm sure he can snap out of it though. 

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Shot attempts were 80 to 30. It was a dominant win. Our club is so good they covered (easily) for a sub par game by Demko. Double Bubble Demko wins 6-1. 

I fear that much like Lou's susceptibility to the wraparound was exposed and used by teams to good effect until he and Ian Clark fixed it, NJ has exposed that Demko's weakness is his blocker side. That seems to be where they were concentrating their fire, and the majority of their goals went in on that side, according to Reach on the radio P-B-P.

• Vintage 1

Just now, 1-d said:

Tocchet should have learned his lesson about not to mess with a winning lineup, so it's unlikely.

Watch him dress Zadorov to make it 7 D and scratch Kuz next game.  

1 minute ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I just give the people what they want 1 make 1 OP (my opinion) and then just reply to people who quote me

To put it in hockey terms. 

You’re skating on thin ice. 

Don’t make me ‘Sharp’ you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I'll be honest, this was funny the first few times, but it's really old now. Mr. Tommy is really milking this one.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

So you make excuses for the Devils, Jack didn’t play buhu but deny the Canucks their excuses? 
Zad, Demko, Soucy fresh and a completely new second line.

If Zad played and Demko was bubble Demko this would have been an easy game.

Zadorov didn't play today? Just caught the last 5 min 

1 minute ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

I fear that much like Lou's susceptibility to the wraparound was exposed and used by teams to good effect until he and Ian Clark fixed it, NJ has exposed that Demko's weakness is his blocker side. That seems to be where they were concentrating their fire, and the majority of their goals went in on that side, according to Reach on the radio P-B-P.

Much like “seeing eye singles” in baseball, high blocker point shots (through layered screens) sometimes get list by the goalie. Double Bubble Demko gets eyes on those.