Can we please get a new goal song? I hate the current one.

Canuckfanforlife82

12 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Do you realised that this forum is no longer connected with the Canucks’ page..? 

l doubt anyone from the organisation will lurk in here and listen to your pleas. 🤔 

Didn't the DJ (DJ Dave?) have an account one season on CDC and posted the song list from each game? Maybe they can send the new one over here instead...

On 9/17/2023 at 1:10 PM, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It is beyond me why they think that song will pump anyone up? Who's in charge of it. Terrible choice. They trying to put people asleep? It's too slow to be a goal song. 

regardless of your opinion, the song does exactly what a goal song is supposed to. it gets the crowd pumped up and singing along. there was even a mic'd up clip with millsy singing along. 

it should stay until it loses its effect. every other goal song they've tried since holiday has been a complete dud that fell flat. 

17 hours ago, tas said:

regardless of your opinion, the song does exactly what a goal song is supposed to. it gets the crowd pumped up and singing along. there was even a mic'd up clip with millsy singing along. 

it should stay until it loses its effect. every other goal song they've tried since holiday has been a complete dud that fell flat. 

I don't think it pumps up the crowd at all. The goals do but come on. It's too slow. So

many better songs to use. Rangers have a song that pumps up the crowd. Look at the crowd after they score. In the end a goal is a goal. Fans will cheer. In game entertainment needs to be improved.

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don't think it pumps up the crowd at all. The goals do but come on. It's too slow. So

many better songs to use. Rangers have a song that pumps up the crowd. Look at the crowd after they score. In the end a goal is a goal. Fans will cheer. In game entertainment needs to be improved.

you think incorrectly, I'm afraid. it's widely reported the fans get up and sing along. it was immediately apparent right from 80s night when they introduced it onwards. 

11 hours ago, tas said:

you think incorrectly, I'm afraid. it's widely reported the fans get up and sing along. it was immediately apparent right from 80s night when they introduced it onwards. 

Go watch videos after the rangers score and after the Canucks score. The Rangers crowd is way more into it. Canucks fans are not even close to touching ranger fans in terms of providing energy right now. 

vs. 

I don't hear anyone singing to it. Rangers fans are way more into it.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 9/17/2023 at 1:16 PM, -dlc- said:

Clutch was my favourite. And Daniel Sedin was just the coolest for choosing this as his goal song.

Or, in line with that....

and I ain't about to change my mind.

Energy.

Bang bang bang vamanos vamanos

for sure!

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 2:32 PM, Jigsaw said:

Or seal the deal 

This is why regular people make terrible DJ's.

You can't just post a song you like and expect it to work being played for a crowd of nearly 20,000. I guarantee if they played this after a goal you and everyone else in attendance would either cringe or be confused.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, sashimi said:

This is why regular people make terrible DJ's.

You can't just post a song you like and expect it to work being played for a crowd of nearly 20,000. I guarantee if they played this after a goal you and everyone else in attendance would either cringe or be confused.

So you're not a regular person? That may be why you're confused.

I see others like the song too so it's all just a matter of personal preference really. But hockey rinks are energized after goals so why not (music that fits that)?

Also..they don't play "a song" they play a small slice of a song. 

• Cheers 1

Opening song;

Come Out and Play by Offspring

or

t stands for trouble colin james

Goal scoring - Chelsea Dagger!!!!

I hate that song, let's steal it!!!!! 😄 😄

"You really got me" guitar riff for a goal?

Layla guitar solo.      Lenny Kravitz "go my way"? Crazy Train opening solo?   

Too much?

Too old?

I got the perfect goal riff, intro of Money

Good thing I didn't suggest Focus 😄 😄 😄 

On 9/17/2023 at 6:45 PM, Snoop Hogg said:

Yeah..that one is never going to be used again for obvious reasons.

Michael Jackson? Killer? (Jerry Lee Lewis), The song not the artist.

Edited by TheGuardian
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, TheGuardian said:

Opening song;

Come Out and Play by Offspring

or

t stands for trouble colin james

Goal scoring - Chelsea Dagger!!!!

I hate that song, let's steal it!!!!! 😄 😄

You really got guitar riff for a goal?

Layla guitar solo

Too much?

Too old?

Good thing I didn't suggest Focus 😄 😄 😄 

Michael Jackson? Killer? (Jerry Lee Lewis), The song not the artist.

Didn't Luongo joke about liking Chelsea Dagger now because he had to hear it 8 times one game?

• Haha 2