Can we please get a new goal song? I hate the current one.

Canuckfanforlife82

5 hours ago, sashimi said:

This is why regular people make terrible DJ's.

You can't just post a song you like and expect it to work being played for a crowd of nearly 20,000. I guarantee if they played this after a goal you and everyone else in attendance would either cringe or be confused.

What a relief that this only your opinion. As stated before… only a portion of song is played, so maybe before you are so quick to give your opinion , maybe have a listen and you might find that sweet spot in the song.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

So you're not a regular person? That may be why you're confused.

I see others like the song too so it's all just a matter of personal preference really. But hockey rinks are energized after goals so why not (music that fits that)?

Also..they don't play "a song" they play a small slice of a song. 

they tried this approach with that song by clutch and it fell terribly flat. it was just awful. 

47 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

What a relief that this only your opinion. As stated before… only a portion of song is played, so maybe before you are so quick to give your opinion , maybe have a listen and you might find that sweet spot in the song.

I just listened to that entire song, unfortunately, and found nothing that would make a halfway decent goal song. I suspect you're referring to a portion around the 2:30 mark, but nah.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

They should find bits of different energy type songs and mix it up. The same thing over and over might send some our guys crazy.

if hearing 20 seconds of a song a couple times a night on 41 occasions in 6 months is enough to have a negative effect, the team needs to bring back the mind room. 

14 minutes ago, tas said:

if hearing 20 seconds of a song a couple times a night on 41 occasions in 6 months is enough to have a negative effect, the team needs to bring back the mind room. 

Not if it's a crap song that they're tired of.

I guess I should avoid hyperbole. mildly annoy? slightly aggravate?

8 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Not if it's a crap song that they're tired of.

I guess I should avoid hyperbole. mildly annoy? slightly aggravate?

the thing about taste is that it's subjective. there was video of miller singing along to the current goal song. 

3 hours ago, tas said:

they tried this approach with that song by clutch and it fell terribly flat. it was just awful. 

I don't think it fell flat...me and my friends were into it. I think it depends on where you sit....lower bowl isn't into anything.

9 hours ago, -dlc- said:

So you're not a regular person? That may be why you're confused.

I see others like the song too so it's all just a matter of personal preference really. But hockey rinks are energized after goals so why not (music that fits that)?

Also..they don't play "a song" they play a small slice of a song. 

No Deb, I am not a regular person. Not at all.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tas said:

the thing about taste is that it's subjective. there was video of miller singing along to the current goal song. 

You seem defensive. It's just a song.

My thought on multiple bites, is that we could use songs from the past and throw in some others. That means that the current song could still be used as well as electric worry.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

You seem defensive. It's just a song.

My thought on multiple bites, is that we could use songs from the past and throw in some others. That means that the current song could still be used as well as electric worry.

I'd rather they use chelsea dagger than electric worry. 

10 hours ago, NucksRuleYou said:

It is. Posting dumb pictures doesn't change that.

Can we just stop with the childish remarks already?

i make pee-wees big adventure GIF

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

Moving on there are plenty of songs they could choose from that could make it more exciting than it already is.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 6:39 PM, The Colt 45s said:

I liked Gary Glitter's Rock'n Roll Part 2 back in the day.  Very rambunctious and rowdy.  

Nothing can top a classic goal song like that.

Except maybe Blur's "Song 2" but that's been used too often already.