Spotify

Rob Eh

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Sorry it was so long ago and want to keep anonymous.

We have our videos on youtube but my real name is tagged...so

Anyway, we were mid 90's Vancouver heavy band. Played the Town Pump, Starfish Room, Commodore a bunch...

Toured Canada 6 times and the States twice.

We once drove from Austin Texas to Regina straight!...massive booking screw up..still I loved the road life. 

I wonder how Socan works now, with all the streaming...I am such a luddite about it.

Edit: I have some songs I recorded in another band 20 years ago, but never released. I am actually singing in this project( was the drummer in the A&M band).

One day I will put some of them on youtube, I want to do some art visuals to them, I am quite proud of the songs and would like to set them free. 

I can respect the wish to remain anonymous here. Cheers to you, about that time you were crisscrossing canada on tour i was crisscrossing canada with the feds, and I love music...odds are I maybe caught you somewhere sometime and don't even know it. Thanks for being a creator, the world is a better place for having artists in it. 

Edit: i can't help but think of a time when Spirit of the West, a couple band members were coincidentally neighbours of mine in the early 90's at two different locations... about 1998 or so they were in Kingston and I got to catch them at ..i wanna say AJ's Hangar was the bar... anyways, during sound checks John Mann saw me, jumped down off stage and had a pint with me and my chums at our table while the band tuned and got settled, then he jumped back up and gave an amazing as always live performance, was super fun and endeared me to them even more than before, and I was a fan since Tripping Up the Stairs. lol.

• Huggy Bear 1

41 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

And @Optimist Prime

Thanks for singling me out again... 

Btw kind of hard for me to follow rules, when some angry spicy person is huling insults and demands like they own the place... 

And if you noticed i did everything this guy asked except resubmit my own links...

Play nice people, and dont think so bad of everybody..

Thank you for hearing me out, i was spicy because my laptop is frustrating but it's also a wi-fi issue i seem to have. It still works good but some apps won't load for some reason. I apologize for my misconduct.

I do pay for YT premium because the adds were over bearing. I like the optimum sound quality and the ability to download from YT too.

Look in the White Noise Playlist Thread. Click the top right hand corner on 99 tracks and you can navigate through the massive playlists.

Each one is 99 tracks highlighting the 'What Are You Listening To' Thread, i'm working on the third one now.

I think because i embedded the playlist, you might not get adds.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I was in punk bands...  If our take covered beer and gas it was a good night

What instrument did you play?

Edited by bishopshodan

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Bass. Also responsible for some whoa's, nah-nah-nah's, HEY's and YEAH's

I guessed bass in my head. You seem like a grounded man. Not jittery like them axe slingers and seem free of LSD ( lead singers disease) .

I played in a punk band as a side project for a short while. 

A real honour. We shared a rehearsal space with them. One day the bad news came that their drummer had died in his sleep. He had a heart condidion, he was only 21. I considered him a friend too. Saw him weekly. His bro played in the same band. I was floored when they said they were going to keep their bookings if I could step in and play.

RIP John. I hope I did you proud all those years ago.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I guessed bass in my head. You seem like a grounded man. Not jittery like them axe slingers and seem free of LSD ( lead singers disease) .

I played in a punk band as a side project for a short while. 

A real honour. We shared a rehearsal space with them. One day the bad news came that their drummer had died in his sleep. He had a heart condidion, he was only 21. I considered him a friend too. Saw him weekly. His bro played in the same band. I was floored when they said they were going to keep their bookings if I could step in and play.

RIP John. I hope I did you proud all those years ago.

Sad story. I had a few friends leave too soon, but I don't remember having any connection to the situation you mentioned. May have though. Was a long time ago now

Truth be told, I definitely enjoyed doing acid in those days - Lots of it, and often. I actually did all kinds of drugs, nearly everything that ever came my way.

Possibly why I come across so grounded now? Lmao

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Sad story. I had a few friends leave too soon, but I don't remember having any connection to the situation you mentioned. May have though. Was a long time ago now

Truth be told, I definitely enjoyed doing acid in those days - Lots of it, and often. I actually did all kinds of drugs, nearly everything that ever came my way.

Oh, so you may have benifited from actual LSD not the acronym I used.

I bet you and I were in many of the same places back in the day.

Rob Eh, sorry for hijacking the thread. I'll take this time to thank you for making the Drumming thread though, cheers!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh, so you may have benifited from actual LSD not the acronym I used.

I bet you and I were in many of the same places back in the day.

Rob Eh, sorry for hijacking the thread. I'll take this time to thank you for making the Drumming thread though, cheers!

Likely in, around a lot of the same places back then. But you've got a few years on me, so I was probably just one of the groms trying to sneak into shows and steal beers.

I would venture that you definitely know one of my cousins, and likely my brother too. Both were very involved in the Van punk scene in the 90s, early 00's

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, luckylager said:

I was in punk bands...  If our take covered beer and gas it was a good night

We had a band at Hotham, just a few of us locals. 

Played at a bar called Herbie's. 

This was our drummer before he invented this character. 

https://www.instagram.com/djeddyhoth/

He was dick tricking before Friendy put puppetry of the penis together.

His character then was a fucked up clown called Clivus Multrum which is the name of a composting toilet system in the dunny at the bottom of heavenly valley.

I would turn around and see him banging away on the drums with his dick.

I was the lead singer, I would take songs like kill all the white men by NOFX and rewrite them about local issues.

That song I rewrote to, kill all the lift company, they were trying to get rid of the " bum " element, us. 

That song was the last of our set, I would start the set dressed up in opp shop clothes from the seventies and strip down to my boxers, screaming out the lyrics.

I was told I reminded people of Henry Rollins on speed. 

I used to tell Herbie, the owner of the bar, that I couldn't believe we could get away with this, back in Melbs they would have probably locked us up. 

Was living the full ski bum life in those years, sleeping in the back of my car, riding everyday, hangin with my friends, writing songs and generally living the dream.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, luckylager said:

When I was young dumb and full of ....did everything except Heroin and sticking a needle in my arm.

The bikers code, right.

The best drug I have  ever experienced is riding pow.

In 2000 I rode over 280 days between here and Canada. 

It was an epic season here in Aus.

Dropped dargo bowl 2 weeks before opening weekend, bottomless but no base, it took me hours to " swim " out of there.

Half the season at least was powder days, it just puked.

Picked up niggling injuries but it was too good not to ride. 

I think those days are gone in regards to climate change. 

I have never been involved in a lifestyle, except maybe for surfing, where people devote chunks of their lives to chasing pow and living in the bubble of ski resorts, and hiking and camping in the back country.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

When I was young dumb and full of ....did everything except Heroin and sticking a needle in my arm.

The bikers code, right.

The best drug I have  ever experienced is riding pow.

In 2000 I rode over 280 days between here and Canada. 

It was an epic season here in Aus.

Dropped dargo bowl 2 weeks before opening weekend, bottomless but no base, it took me hours to " swim " out of there.

Half the season at least was powder days, it just puked.

Picked up niggling injuries but it was too good not to ride. 

I think those days are gone in regards to climate change. 

I have never been involved in a lifestyle, except maybe for surfing, where people devote chunks of their lives to chasing pow and living in the bubble of ski resorts, and hiking and camping in the back country.

Hells bells brother. Good times

I'm happy for the moments I told myself to remember, or maybe just ones that I didn't forget.

• Huggy Bear 1

On 1/8/2024 at 10:47 AM, Optimist Prime said:

I can respect the wish to remain anonymous here. Cheers to you, about that time you were crisscrossing canada on tour i was crisscrossing canada with the feds, and I love music...odds are I maybe caught you somewhere sometime and don't even know it. Thanks for being a creator, the world is a better place for having artists in it. 

Edit: i can't help but think of a time when Spirit of the West, a couple band members were coincidentally neighbours of mine in the early 90's at two different locations... about 1998 or so they were in Kingston and I got to catch them at ..i wanna say AJ's Hangar was the bar... anyways, during sound checks John Mann saw me, jumped down off stage and had a pint with me and my chums at our table while the band tuned and got settled, then he jumped back up and gave an amazing as always live performance, was super fun and endeared me to them even more than before, and I was a fan since Tripping Up the Stairs. lol.

Can you tell this guy to take the spotify link out of my film score thread so i can open it?  @Rip The Mesh 

Sorry, @Rip The Mesh I looked on my phone and it is just a YT clip. It must be the add takes up more process than a spotify embed code. Ruins it for me, I was going to compile playlists on my secondary thread but i'm not buying a new laptop till i need to and I hate using my phone.

I'm done with these threads, it was fun while it lasted but thanks to an Adobe add, i'll find something better to do. I made two pretty dope playlists out of the listening thread and was going to do some more out of these other threads but things like spotfify links and adobe adds kill the joy. 

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1