Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Rubik

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

The piece floating around about Demko having an inoperable injury.  Would that be something hip related?  Curious what it could be if he can "learn to play through it" does that mean a style of play change?

All reports I’ve seen indicate it’s something to do with the backside of his knee - whatever that means 

6 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

The piece floating around about Demko having an inoperable injury.  Would that be something hip related?  Curious what it could be if he can "learn to play through it" does that mean a style of play change?

I would imagine he will need to switch a few things up. Great hockey players find a way. Yzerman had that knee and the surgery needed would be career ending. Changed things up and found a way to play through it. Peter Forsberg developed an abnormal arch in his feet, that surgery couldn't fix, changed things up and found a way to play through it. Demko will have to dig deep and figure this out. 

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well we knew this bomb was probably coming

What???

wow misled by the Canuck org. and their doctors--- again?

Day to day, becomes week to week, and sometimes week to week becomes playing tonight.

Can't believe anything they say, in regards to medical stuff- and even the other stuff is dubious.

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

What???

wow misled by the Canuck org. and their doctors--- again?

Day to day, becomes week to week, and sometimes week to week becomes playing tonight.

Can't believe anything they say, in regards to medical stuff- and even the other stuff is dubious.

Was hoping but I knew it didn't look good towards the end. Be hard pressed now...

• Upvote 1

This all gives me the shivers, it’s a bad sign for A NOT VERY GOOD future situation for our #1 goalie Demko.

The whole offseason to heal and rehab and the message is he’s still basically day to day at best?

Sounding to me like he may be damaged goods.…Shitty!

The way he played goal may be not attainable sustainably in the future, sorry to say but something about this injury sounds as though it turned something into glass somewhere in his lower body.

Hope I’m wrong…and also hope it’s not career threatening!

Edited by Bretzky

2 hours ago, Bretzky said:

This all gives me the shivers, it’s a bad sign for A NOT VERY GOOD future situation for our #1 goalie Demko.

The whole offseason to heal and rehab and the message is he’s still basically day to day at best?

Sounding to me like he may be damaged goods.…Shitty!

The way he played goal may be not attainable sustainably in the future, sorry to say but something about this injury sounds as though it turned something into glass somewhere in his lower body.

Hope I’m wrong…and also hope it’s not career threatening!

Hard to judge that yet, personally I'm glad he hasn't pushed it and is taking the time necessary to come back 100% 

The last thing we need is for him to re-injure and make it worse, besides, Silovs is quite capable of taking the reigns until he gets back plus we don't have to play Demko nearly as much during the season and have Demko fresher for the playoffs.

The silver lining is with Demko out during the playoffs it showed Silovs is up to the task of being a qualified backup with the capability of being number one for a case like this to start the season. 

However yes let's hope this hasn't turned into something really bad...

• Like 1