[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ New York Rangers | Jan 8th, 2024 @ 4PM PST

futurefilm

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Speed is what we need. We've got speed.

2ecef3106f95f3104d1f715fdb768053.gif

I love these impossible jump scenes where the vehicle would end up utterly destroyed in reality. These guys did it best.

dukes of hazzard show GIF

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

----

Going to post this here. I really wish guys, especially older guys, would stop being assholes. There's endless examples of it towards women but plenty of times guys are jerks to other guys. Specifically calling out guys over 40 who think they have some right to be a jerk.

So i'm in the line for food at the devil's game. I'm tired. I barely sleep before travel anyway and was up by 6am, sorting out my dog and house (my wife has covid so have been taking care of all last week while working at home, have only left my dog one other night since he was sick last year) and had the spent the entire day with my daughter navigating the metro, getting snowed on, working out amtrak and new jersey railways. I had made a lot of reservations at places but it wasn't easy to find where to go. My daughter isn't the best walker but she did it all but was complaining about her feet in the food line so i took her order so she could go sit down.

I'm in the line, no idea how it works. It's moving slow. Three younger women in front of me talk to the counter staff and get drinks. There is another counter staff who i go to order from but she walks off. The guy in line next to me then grabs food from a shelf. As i go to get it some guy in the line shouts "you're holding up the line" in a smartass way. I get my food and then order drinks and he's still yammering. I pay, tap thing wasn't working so he's yammering more and so i insert card and get my stuff. Way out he's still yammering and i see him in a canucks jersey. I said something like "take it easy" and went to my seats.

Had a great night otherwise but one old jerk who was a canucks fan decided to get his laugh at a younger guy. I'm also short so another reason why he heckled me. Just wish old guys like him had some empathy at times.

I did see him in the hotel lobby when i exited the next day. He was clueless as to who i was and while a part of me dreamed of accidentally body-checked him i just let the old jerk go about his morning.

You’re right about the seniors thinking they’re special and being ignorant. You handled the idiot well, especially after such a trying day 

My family went to a BCHL (junior A) game over the holidays. It was in an arena we had never been in. Six of us had seats two or three rows above the home bench. 

My son asked if it would be okay to take his boy to the washroom mid period.
I said “Of course, do what ever you need to do.”

We had six seats on the aisle so the two of them getting up didn’t disturb anyone. Then as he nears the top of the aisle stairs with his child in tow some miserable old prick tells him to sit down while a bunch of them are all glaring at him. 

Turns out this seating section had the local fossilized super fans over 70 fan club. 

The cheap bastards valued their discounted $15 Junior A tickets so much they were happy to humiliate a young man and his boy who may have momentarily obscured their view while trying to get to the washroom. 

You know the type; miserable scowls on their face and ensconced in cheap fan regalia… team scarves, pins, hats and matching seat pads for their decrepit asses. 

Ruined the game experience for my son and his boy. I felt bad because I had assured him it would be fine. 

All for a friggin Junior A hockey game in a two bit arena with old assholes who have forgotten the whole idea is to have fun. 

If I ever go back I know where to find them. 

Edited by Barnstorm
  • Sad 2
  • Cheers 2

Today's game needs to start with the third line. Set the tone ,and dominate from then on.

Net front presence, shots on net. Control the offensive zone.

Make our blue line a do not cross.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

You’re right about the seniors thinking they’re special and being ignorant. You handled the idiot well, especially after such a trying day 

My family went to a BCHL (junior A) game over the holidays. It was in an arena we had never been in. Six of us had seats two or three rows above the home bench. 

My son asked if it would be okay to take his boy to the washroom mid period.
I said “Of course, do what ever you need to do.”

We had six seats on the aisle so the two of them getting up didn’t disturb anyone. Then as he nears the top of the aisle stairs with his child in tow some miserable old prick tells him to sit down while a bunch of them are all glaring at him. 

Turns out this seating section had the local fossilized super fans over 70 fan club. 

The cheap bastards valued their discounted $15 Junior A tickets so much they were happy to humiliate a young man and his boy momentarily obscured their view while trying to get to the washroom. 

You know the type; miserable scowls on their face and ensconced in cheap fan regalia… team scarves, pins, hats and matching seat pads for their decrepit asses. 

Ruined the game experience for my son and his boy. I felt bad because I had assured him it would be fine. 

All for a friggin Junior A hockey game in a two bit arena with old assholes who have forgotten the whole idea is to have fun. 

If I ever go back I know where to find them. 

That's awful, hope your grandson can go again and have a better time.

I let people get up all the time, sometimes bathroom/phone call etc, happens to us all. Just sucks that you had to deal with that.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

That's awful, hope your grandson can go again and have a better time.

I let people get up all the time, sometimes bathroom/phone call etc, happens to us all. Just sucks that you had to deal with that.

My son and his boy took the brunt of it. 
I’ve learned in life that these things can escalate badly and are best left alone. No one wins if you react badly. 

We agreed that next time we would take seats in sections that were clearly not domineered by the miserable. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Strawbone said:

I love these impossible jump scenes where the vehicle would end up utterly destroyed in reality. These guys did it best.

dukes of hazzard show GIF

Check this out… 35 second mark is hilarious! Don’t try this at home kids. 

I can’t believe the commercial showed Evil getting absolutely destroyed. You can almost tell someone just off camera threw him to the ground as hard as they could.

Edited by Barnstorm
Threw not through.
  • Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1