[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ New York Rangers | Jan 8th, 2024 @ 4PM PST

futurefilm

2 hours ago, futurefilm said:

ITS GAME DAY LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!

The Canucks look to continue the east coast success when they visit the New York Rangers at MSG tonight!

Rangers will be looking to bounce back from a loss to the Canadians and continue to lead the NHL in wins(are now tied w/WPG)

How teams have started 2024 off

Canucks - 2-1

Rangers - 1-1-1

Cliff notes: 

- Rangers are 13-5 when they are home cookin, Canucks are 11-7-2 on the road

- Rangers have 2 20 goal scorers in Panarin & Krieder

- JT Miller has 12 points in 12 games vs his former club

- Tyler Myers leads all Canucks skaters in scoring against the Rangers w/13 pts

- Canucks have scored the 1st goal 26 times (tops in the NHL) & gone on to win 20/26

BlueHockeyMatchFlyer.thumb.jpg.97f1f8d6deba1e68469d2770f2780bab.jpg

Previous meeting highlights

ScreenShot2024-01-08at6_18_12AM.thumb.png.fc65e8db067684aed304c8b3d7fd82f1.png

Great GDT! Hopefully we get better reffing from that last Rangers game

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

I think a top 6 center would be more important than a top 4 d.  Question is, availablity and price.  

Petey Lindholm Podz

Miky Miller Boeser

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Högs Suter Laffy

Aman

I would imagine Cowpoke's would want Willander or Lekkerimaki + a 1st. Without a good extension in place its too risky.

Honestly, I want to win this game, but at least make it a fight. I could handle a loss so long as we play well. Beating one of the top teams in the East while on the road is a crazy tough ask.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, I want to win this game, but at least make it a fight. I could handle a loss so long as we play well. Beating one of the top teams in the East while on the road is a crazy tough ask.

Last time the Canucks played the Ringers, they played very well. The Ringers got away with multiple infractions that the refs let occur. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Last time the Canucks played the Ringers, they played very well. The Ringers got away with multiple infractions that the refs let occur. 

Yeah, it was a good game. Probably easier for us at home than in their barn though.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Excited for this one, hope they play well.

Hope they give the current lines a good run. When Petey & Miller were split it seemed like only 1 of the 2 lines was going on any given night, and the 3rd line became basically a 2nd line.

Better to have 1 super line than 50% of your top 6 going. Especially when u have that 3rd line. Plus Suter with the Russians looked really good, might not be that much of a drop off from Petey with Lafferty. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Hoglander back in the doghouse again? Too bad; Thought he was really improving this year?

Zadorov and Soucy both in finally, sucks to see Juulsen out though. Guess it would be too much to ask them to take Myers out instead.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, 27 Percent said:

Can't play like we did against the devil's if we want 2 pts today. This will be a good measuring stick on where we stand amongst the league's best. Even if we don't win I want it to be competitive.

We played great against the Devils

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Hoglander back in the doghouse again? Too bad; Thought he was really improving this year?

I don't think so. He's not gonna be on the top line. RT's not gonna break up the Garland line. Don't think he replaces Mik or Kuzy at this point so the 4th line is really all that's left for him right now.

• Upvote 1