[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ New York Rangers | Jan 8th, 2024 @ 4PM PST

futurefilm

Demko starting../.Juelson sitting / Looks and sounds like 649 will probably be tries once again, maybe.

Hronic and Hughes is working better and better. Quinn is getting easier to coach all the time.

Were not scared to make a culture change as we go. Zadorof is still getting use to our system..

Rick even being nice enough to answer Drance's  questions LOL

Edited by Rip The Mesh
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Will be a tough match but a good test of where this team is at. I think it will be a high scoring match. 5-4. Don’t know who the winner will be. 
It’s a road game but not that far away from NJ so hopefully they’re rested up. Interesting that they’re keeping the lotto line together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think with just one more legit top 4 D, team could make some real noise in the post-season (and that's without Demko being in 'Boss mode').

Could be worse, we could have Toronto's defensive core. :classic_ninja:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think the more pressing need is on the forward corps right now. 

A decent 4th line C IF they chose to keep the lotto line together; Aman looked lost at C on saturday. With how well Joshua-Blueger-Garland are playing, this makes 100% sense; give Mik-Suter-Kuz a chance against lesser competition.

I actually like the D pairings and depth. Juulsen really established himself as a great 7th option in the last couple months. His game REALLY came along.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

4th line center is the biggest hole it seems, get a big solid right hand centerman there. And you have the lotto line and 3 solid 3rdish lines.

Lindolm will probably be too expensive and rather not throw away our blue chippers on a probable rental. I think Colorado goes all in for him.

Edited by Conscience
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I would imagine Cowpoke's would want Willander or Lekkerimaki + a 1st. Without a good extension in place its too risky.

And no thanks really. Hopefully both those guys can supplant some vets in a couple years on ELCs.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, I want to win this game, but at least make it a fight. I could handle a loss so long as we play well. Beating one of the top teams in the East while on the road is a crazy tough ask.

We did play them well in that OTL in Vancouver, which was questionable, to say the least. 

Let's hope they come out firing on all cylinders. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I would imagine Cowpoke's would want Willander or Lekkerimaki + a 1st. Without a good extension in place its too risky.

We might be able to get a lot for Lekk as a sell high prospect. I don't want to give him away but you have to give to get.

They are elite special teams. Got to stay out of the box. Keep the legs moving and play in their end.

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Going to the game tonight. 

Should be a good battle among these top teams.  

Wearing my QH jersey.   Hope I don't get attacked. 

PXL_20231226_163818121.jpg

I doubt it.

Hopefully you don't run into an asshole old guy in canucks gear though. Only bad experience i had in nj.

I added it to the confessions thread in white noise. 

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
g
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think the more pressing need is on the forward corps right now. 

Yep. Get a bonafide matchup 2C so we can keep the lotto line intact would be the best possible solution. 

• Cheers 1

I hope myers is on the 3rd pairing, he was on a little too much vs the devils.

Surprised demko is starting again but he got a break and is probably annoyed from the softish goals.

I got angry seeing messier's face outside the garden, hopefully the boys see it and get mad too.

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Going to the game tonight. 

Should be a good battle among these top teams.  

Wearing my QH jersey.   Hope I don't get attacked. 

PXL_20231226_163818121.jpg

Wear your Odjick one instead?

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Revenge match for the screwjob the refs laid down on us against this team back in the fall.  It's the coming out party for our big, mean bottom 4 D and I wouldn't mind it being that  kind of game.  Or another dominant lotto line performance.  Not gonna be picky about how we win this one.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Revenge match for the screwjob the refs laid down on us against this team back in the fall.  It's the coming out party for our big, mean bottom 4 D and I wouldn't mind it being that  kind of game.  Or another dominant lotto line performance.  Not gonna be picky about how we win this one.

They need to watch out for Trouba.