[Trade] Anaheim Trades Jamie Drysdale, 2025 2nd to Philadelphia for Cutter Gauthier

Will be interesting to follow this development over the next 5-10 years. 

Honestly, I think the Flyers did excellent here. I'm high on Drysdale and was indifferent with Gauthier because of his low IQ. It doesn't really scream locker room guy between ghosting the organization that drafted you and his general douchyness. 

14 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Will be interesting to follow this development over the next 5-10 years. 

Honestly, I think the Flyers did excellent here. I'm high on Drysdale and was indifferent with Gauthier because of his low IQ. It doesn't really scream locker room guy between ghosting the organization that drafted you and his general douchyness. 

Sounds like he will feel at home with Zegras.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

Shudda traded zegras.

19 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

He's not a building piece. He's a kind of player a team already built drafts as a supplemental piece.  Drysdale was worth keeping.

@Alflives make a burner account?

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

He's not a building piece. He's a kind of player a team already built drafts as a supplemental piece.  Drysdale was worth keeping.

Wonder if there's more than meets the eye on the Drysdale side, and maybe the hardworking Flyers didn't want a flashy player like Zegras?In which case, this deal wouldn't happen.

I was thinking why did this trade happen? Then he apparently doesn't want to play in Philly. So if you don't want to be here, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Anaheim is going to be the next Toronto with all this upfront fire power with nothing on the back end 

They have an absolute logjam in defensive prospect depth.  You're dead wrong here.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Cutter Gauthier listed as a LW. Can he play Center in the NHL? Feel like the Ducks lose value here on a good RHD prospect for a LW.

It’s just if drysdale can stay healthy.

i take an upside RHD with a solid attitude over Cutter any dayyyyy. 

this trade is wild.

the request. The Hayes / torts connection with Cutter. The trade rumour not getting out early.

whole thing is wild

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

LOL guy took one stroll down Broad Street and said NOPE

Apparently he talks to Hayes so a connection their but still this kid ain’t even a pro yet and he’s calling his shot lol

2 hours ago, Devron said:

Seems like throwing in a 2nd was a waste. Must have been a bidding war.

Makes sense though. Ducks have Zellwegar coming up. Makes Drysdale redundant. Flyers get some much needed offence from the blueline 

I don't know if having stud top 4 RHD is ever redundant in this league.

I still don't understand why Anaheim would do this let alone throwing in a 2nd too.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Gauthier not ok with Philly but Bedard is ok with Chicago.

People thought we wouldn't see a highly drafted prospect pull this move, but this proves that it's certainly possible, and that Bedard is a gutless coward.

Good trade for both teams value-wise.

Lmao you are a gutless coward yourself calling an 18 year old a gutless coward for fulfilling his dream in the nhl and try to pull the biggest douchebag move. Guess we no longer need a draft lottery or a draft we just need every single kid to pull a move like this to go where they want.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't know if having stud top 4 RHD is ever redundant in this league.

I still don't understand why Anaheim would do this let alone throwing in a 2nd too.

I understand the move but yeah the 2nd rounder mind boggling. Both were 5th overall? 

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Wonder if there's more than meets the eye on the Drysdale side, and maybe the hardworking Flyers didn't want a flashy player like Zegras?In which case, this deal wouldn't happen.

seems like it. Briere said he tried to swing a trade at the 2022 draft for another top pick. wonder who he was willing to trade.

1 hour ago, Rypien-Punch said:

Im surprised they are moving on from Drysdale. I wonder if we could now trade Willander for Mason McTavish 

Mikheyev Pettersson Kuzmenko

McTavish Miller Boeser 

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Sutter Lafferty 

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lmao you are a gutless coward yourself calling an 18 year old a gutless coward for fulfilling his dream in the nhl and try to pull the biggest douchebag move. Guess we no longer need a draft lottery or a draft we just need every single kid to pull a move like this to go where they want.

Nah I call out those who allow sexual assault to be swept under the rug, which he did by willingly going there.