[Trade] Anaheim Trades Jamie Drysdale, 2025 2nd to Philadelphia for Cutter Gauthier

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

He was never going to play for Philly this is a win for Philly not Philly won the trade, this shouldn't be this hard to grasp. Player that was never going to play for them and they got an NHL player for him at a coveted position is a win for Philly, that is entirely separate from winning the trade... 

My bad! I thought you were the one that said Philly "makes out like a bandit". 

57 minutes ago, R3aL said:

The ever elusive canucks 2nd round pick lol that would be nice!

Willander is going no where same with Lekkerimakiiii

I would be shocked if PA traded either of them.

But on the positive note..

Our total D depth in the pipeline looks the best it ever has and our NHL blue line is the best its been since 2011 so I think things are looking good!

Our prospect depth looks better than it has in years, agreed

Hoping management continues to make a habit of using their first round picks to select players at the draft, the best way to acquire top end talent is to draft and develop it

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

You don't need to quote/tag me three times. If you don't like my opinion, feel free to put me on ignore.

I have no interest in reading your comments that offer nothing more than saying you find my opinion moronic. That's just a waste of my time.

I also find your opinion on Bedard moronic.

Sorry for wasting your time.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

You don't need to quote/tag me three times. If you don't like my opinion, feel free to put me on ignore.

I have no interest in reading your comments that offer nothing more than saying you find my opinion moronic. That's just a waste of my time.

Well sometimes the easiest way to correct moronic behavior is to address moronic behavior, sorry you're far to fragile to hear it though I guess it is what it is. 

22 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Might not have been an impact RHD again why this is so hard for you to grasp is mind boggling. 

Might not... there also could have been another one on the table. Maybe 3 or 4 other deals. Maybe if they waited for the draft they could have upped the bidding war.

Drysdale might re-injure his shoulder next month and be out another year. Gauthier might have a 18 year hall of fame career.

But none of that matters because 73_3 can say unequivocally that Philly stole Drysdale 12 hours after the trade was made. Why you can't wait and see before coming to such an astounding conclusion is hard for me to grasp, it's absolutely mind boggling.

Edited by Coryberg

23 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well sometimes the easiest way to correct moronic behavior is to address moronic behavior, sorry you're far to fragile to hear it though I guess it is what it is. 

Ah yes, calling behaviour moronic is really achieving that goal 😆

You offer no substance so don't bother engaging with me further.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Might not... there also could have been another one on the table. Maybe 3 or 4 other deals. Maybe if they waited for the draft they could have upped the bidding war.

Drysdale might re-injure his shoulder next month and be out another year. Gauthier might have a 18 year hall of fame career.

But none of that matters because 73_3 can say unequivocally that Philly stole Drysdale 12 hours after the trade was made. Why you can't wait and see before coming to such an astounding conclusion is hard for me to grasp, it's absolutely mind boggling.

Again Never said the TRADE was a win, I am pretty high on Drysdale so Acquiring the PLAYER was and is a win. 

11 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

OH HE GOT TRADED HE'S HEALTHY NOW

LISTEN TO ME RIGHT NOW HE RUBBIN SOME ICY/HOT ON THAT THING HE PLAYIN THE NEXT GAME

20 hours ago, Devron said:

I understand the move but yeah the 2nd rounder mind boggling. Both were 5th overall? 

Drysdale has had a serious injury (torn labrum) and missed most of last season.  His numbers aren't quite as good as his rookie season and he has only played 10 games this year

Sounds like maybe Gauthier wasn't happy about the Flyers not wanting to burn a year off his ELC just for 16 games.  If that's the case, the Flyers dodged a bullet on an entitled attitude, imo.

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2024 at 7:26 PM, R3aL said:

It’s just if drysdale can stay healthy.

i take an upside RHD with a solid attitude over Cutter any dayyyyy. 

this trade is wild.

the request. The Hayes / torts connection with Cutter. The trade rumour not getting out early.

whole thing is wild

Yeah the whole thing is wild! 

This is a type of trade that fans dream up of but never actually happens in real life. 

Probably the most interesting trade in years and years for me. 

On 1/9/2024 at 1:01 PM, R3aL said:

Our total D depth in the pipeline looks the best it ever has and our NHL blue line is the best its been since 2011 so I think things are looking good!

Just for shits and giggles, let me ask you a question: who would you need in return in exchange for Lekerimakki? 

It's easy to say I want Adam Fox, but who is the worst d-man under 26 that you would trade Lekerimakki for? 

Doesn't need to be realistic, for example Edmonton wouldn't trade Bouchard but would you do that? 

How about Henri Jokiharu?  Ivan Provorov? 

On 1/9/2024 at 10:01 PM, R3aL said:

What if it's for a Timo Meier caliber player that is willing to sign with the Canucks long term? 

Edited by iinatcc