[Trade] Anaheim Trades Jamie Drysdale, 2025 2nd to Philadelphia for Cutter Gauthier

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Nah I call out those who allow sexual assault to be swept under the rug, which he did by willingly going there.

It's argue him going there was pretty brave given the fact that the organization is completely fine with guys his age being raped by their coaching staff.  

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's argue him going there was pretty brave given the fact that the organization is completely fine with guys his age being raped by their coaching staff.  

I wouldn't call that bravery, it's moreso stupidity.

Just now, TNucks1 said:

A little confused why Anaheim does this

Drysdale continually gets compared to Hughes in terms of skating and offensive ability.

Maybe they don’t believe his body can withstand the grind of the NHL? If they’re wrong though they may have just lost a franchise D. Much harder to come by than wingers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Rypien-Punch said:

Im surprised they are moving on from Drysdale. I wonder if we could now trade Willander for Mason McTavish 

Mikheyev Pettersson Kuzmenko

McTavish Miller Boeser 

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Sutter Lafferty 

I would totally do this, McTavish is gonna be a superstar in this league one day imo.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Drysdale continually gets compared to Hughes in terms of skating and offensive ability.

Maybe they don’t believe his body can withstand the grind of the NHL? If they’re wrong though they may have just lost a franchise D. Much harder to come by than wingers.

Yeah, time will tell, surprised they threw a 2nd In lol

39 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Nah I call out those who allow sexual assault to be swept under the rug, which he did by willingly going there.

so eer why don't you go after every single kid that played for team canada? they willingly represent a country that tried to sweep the sexual assault under the rug too.. they are just as bad as chicago.. let's fold the program while we at it

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

so eer why don't you go after every single kid that played for team canada? they willingly represent a country that tried to sweep the sexual assault under the rug too.. they are just as bad as chicago.. let's fold the program while we at it

Sounds good to me. Better odds of my Czechia or Slovakia teams winning.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

The second rounder is the surprising part for me. RHD are usually a pretty high commodity. Even if you don't fully believe in him, to sell him off and give up a pick for a LWer is kinda surprising. Injury prone though, so maybe Drysdale's value isn't all that high. Injured this year, only played 8 games last year. Not looking so good for him.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

The second rounder is the surprising part for me. RHD are usually a pretty high commodity. Even if you don't fully believe in him, to sell him off and give up a pick for a LWer is kinda surprising. Injury prone though, so maybe Drysdale's value isn't all that high. Injured this year, only played 8 games last year. Not looking so good for him.

nah drysdale already burnt off 3 years of his elc and only have 3.5 years of team control left + is fairly injury prone.. gauthier is under team control for at least 7 years and looked to have the higher upside.. gauthier carlsson terry can be a legit nasty line for years to come.. great trade for anaheim if the kid is willing to play for them

47 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

nah drysdale already burnt off 3 years of his elc and only have 3.5 years of team control left + is fairly injury prone.. gauthier is under team control for at least 7 years and looked to have the higher upside.. gauthier carlsson terry can be a legit nasty line for years to come.. great trade for anaheim if the kid is willing to play for them

Never said anything negative about Gauthier. Just saying it's surprising a RHD needed to be paired with a decently high pick. Then even said in the comment you replied to it's likely the injuries.

2 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

Yeah, surprised that they gave up on Drysdale who is 21 and is a RHD. 

Philly wins that deal. Cutter Gauthier hasn't even played in the NHL yet. but the premium position, even if he does, is still the RHD, isn't it? 

23 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Never said anything negative about Gauthier. Just saying it's surprising a RHD needed to be paired with a decently high pick. Then even said in the comment you replied to it's likely the injuries.

i'm just saying gauthier value is higher than drysdale 3 years younger 3 more years team control less injury prone hence prolly anaheim have to add the 2nd rounder

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i'm just saying gauthier value is higher than drysdale 3 years younger 3 more years team control less injury prone hence prolly anaheim have to add the 2nd rounder

Is his injurys serious or just gets hurt alot

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trading Willander is a total non-starter for me.

Lek, and our 1st, even Kuzmenko. But not a solid defensive prospect.

I wish we could, probably gunna end up the captain of the ducks

39 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Imagine the shit storm that would occur in BC if Alvin traded Lekkerimakki for Cutter straight up? There would be so many headlines to debate and could divide the room. 

lol why would it stir a shit storm.. it'll literally be an A prospect for an A prospect depending on if we need a RW or a LW more.. if anything cutter might be more NHL ready already playing on the smaller ice surface compared to Lekkerimaki which might take time to adjust. Cutter is probably ranked top 10 in prospect not in the NHL right now.. Lekkerimaki is prolly somewhere in the 50s.. maybe in the 20-30 range after world junior.. if that trade was available i would take it in a heart beat