[Trade] Anaheim Trades Jamie Drysdale, 2025 2nd to Philadelphia for Cutter Gauthier

I don’t know the legitimacy of this or if this account is a legit insider

Feel like this is probably mostly about Torts and Briere is collateral damage. The GM in Anaheim is 1 year more experienced as a GM

10 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trading Willander is a total non-starter for me.

Lek, and our 1st, even Kuzmenko. But not a solid defensive prospect.

Yup, we need more blue chip D prospects, not less

Been yelling about management not drafting enough D high for years, I'd be pissed if we moved Willander

Now if only we'd begin drafting D in the 2nd round again

That kid made a very poor decision but at the same time I understand why, torts it not the best coach when it comes to young talent and if he truly is worried about torts wrecking his nhl career I think it’s a valid excuse to leave just don’t think it was handled the right way, flyers are my #2 team and I couldn’t be happier with the way briere has handled front office I expect that team to turn into a wagon once development happens 

18 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Gauthier not ok with Philly but Bedard is ok with Chicago.

People thought we wouldn't see a highly drafted prospect pull this move, but this proves that it's certainly possible, and that Bedard is a gutless coward.

Good trade for both teams value-wise.

Drop that bullshit with Bedard already ffs

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Gotta give credit to rookie GM Briere - made the best out of an unfortunate, unexpected situation. Flyers D looking pretty good now.  

Irony his complaint is a rookie GM yet that rookie GM makes out like a bandit

58 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

That kid made a very poor decision but at the same time I understand why, torts it not the best coach when it comes to young talent and if he truly is worried about torts wrecking his nhl career I think it’s a valid excuse to leave just don’t think it was handled the right way, flyers are my #2 team and I couldn’t be happier with the way briere has handled front office I expect that team to turn into a wagon once development happens 

lol Philadelphia have plenty of young kids in their lineup.. they are all doing just fine.. Columbus had a bunch of young guys in their lineup when he won the jack adams. I think tort is a great coach hold ppl accountable and teach them to play hard every shift and if you want to take a shift off then you shouldn’t be here. Most of the current kids nowadays are all entitled spoiled growing up.. you raise ur voice at them and they’ll claim child abuse lol

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He got a solid RHD for a player who was never going play there. This is a win for Philly as Gauthier was never going to sign... 

It's going to take years to see who is the winner and loser or if both are winners for that matter. Simmer down.

4 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

It's going to take years to see who is the winner and loser or if both are winners for that matter. Simmer down.

He was never going to play for Philly this is a win for Philly not Philly won the trade, this shouldn't be this hard to grasp. Player that was never going to play for them and they got an NHL player for him at a coveted position is a win for Philly, that is entirely separate from winning the trade... 

3 hours ago, Lewlowned said:

I don’t know the legitimacy of this or if this account is a legit insider

Feel like this is probably mostly about Torts and Briere is collateral damage. The GM in Anaheim is 1 year more experienced as a GM

Gauthier pre-draft went out of his way to talk to Torts and tell him he wanted to play for him, this had been stated numerous times by Philly fans on Reddit. The rumour I am buying is he wanted to get signed last year and Philly said no and wanted him to play another year this year and now he's salty. Torts is just an easy scapegoat cause everyone acts like he's a locker room killer.

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Yup, we need more blue chip D prospects, not less

Been yelling about management not drafting enough D high for years, I'd be pissed if we moved Willander

Now if only we'd begin drafting D in the 2nd round again

The ever elusive canucks 2nd round pick lol that would be nice!

Willander is going no where same with Lekkerimakiiii

I would be shocked if PA traded either of them.

But on the positive note..

Our total D depth in the pipeline looks the best it ever has and our NHL blue line is the best its been since 2011 so I think things are looking good!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Gauthier not ok with Philly but Bedard is ok with Chicago.

People thought we wouldn't see a highly drafted prospect pull this move, but this proves that it's certainly possible, and that Bedard is a gutless coward.

Good trade for both teams value-wise.

Or maybe he isn't a primadonna and recognizes how blessed he is to play a sport for a living and believes he can win anywhere he plays at. Pretty sour take to call him a gutless coward for not forces his trade to his boyhood team. Imagine if the whole league did that...

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol Philadelphia have plenty of young kids in their lineup.. they are all doing just fine.. Columbus had a bunch of young guys in their lineup when he won the jack adams. I think tort is a great coach hold ppl accountable and teach them to play hard every shift and if you want to take a shift off then you shouldn’t be here. Most of the current kids nowadays are all entitled spoiled growing up.. you raise ur voice at them and they’ll claim child abuse lol

Oh I’m not questioning weather he’s a good coach or not he has had success ALMOST everywhere he’s gone, his time in Vancouver was just not a good fit, but he has been known to be very hard on certain type of players and maybe gauthier falls under that category, wrong move in my opinion but end of the day we aren’t the ones that have to live in a specific environment everyday, trying to understand it from his POV 

5 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

Or maybe he isn't a primadonna and recognizes how blessed he is to play a sport for a living and believes he can win anywhere he plays at. Pretty sour take to call him a gutless coward for not forces his trade to his boyhood team. Imagine if the whole league did that...

Not to do that to get to our team, but do that to avoid rewarding a team who committed such atrocities.

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Not to do that to get to our team, but do that to avoid rewarding a team who committed such atrocities.

You're putting that on him? You really think an undrafted player about to realize his lifelong dream is about to risk his future by demanding to not play for an organization because of something he knows none of the details of? Do you feel this way about the veterans that sign there as free agents? Should every player refuse to play for them and boycott them to run the organization into the ground? Should that unrealistic boycott be led by the young kid that just wants to play hockey? 

Blame the people that actually should be blamed. Blame the league for allowing them to have picks. Its on the league to punish the organization, not a kid.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Tower102 said:

You're putting that on him? You really think an undrafted player about to realize his lifelong dream is about to risk his future by demanding to not play for an organization because of something he knows none of the details of? Do you feel this way about the veterans that sign there as free agents? Should every player refuse to play for them and boycott them to run the organization into the ground? Should that unrealistic boycott be led by the young kid that just wants to play hockey? 

Blame the people that actually should be blamed. Blame the league for allowing them to have picks. Its on the league to punish the organization, not a kid.

Gauthier just did. Fox did, Lindros, many others have done this.

I do blame all of those, including the players who did nothing. I don't blame a player like Nick Foligno, who wouldn't be sought after league-wide. Bedard would be wanted by every team, so his career would not be damaged at all by holding the organization accountable. He had an opportunity to bring some sort of justice, instead he did the opposite, like a coward.

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

To clear things up with you @Master Mind Bedard was 5 when the Aldrich incident took place, blaming him in anyway is beyond moronic and borderline insane. 

You don't need to quote/tag me three times. If you don't like my opinion, feel free to put me on ignore.

I have no interest in reading your comments that offer nothing more than saying you find my opinion moronic. That's just a waste of my time.