[Trade] Anaheim Trades Jamie Drysdale, 2025 2nd to Philadelphia for Cutter Gauthier

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

What if it's for a Timo Meier caliber player that is willing to sign with the Canucks long term? 

I’m not a huge timo fan for the price tag but it would be a tough trade for me to accept. It would have to be a specific age player that made a positive impact and joined our core on term like you said

No idea who. Would have to be like the Hronek deal someone we aren’t even looking at being available 

16 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

Just for shits and giggles, let me ask you a question: who would you need in return in exchange for Lekerimakki? 

It's easy to say I want Adam Fox, but who is the worst d-man under 26 that you would trade Lekerimakki for? 

Doesn't need to be realistic, for example Edmonton wouldn't trade Bouchard but would you do that? 

How about Henri Jokiharu?  Ivan Provorov? 

No I wouldn’t trade either of our top prospects for any of those players mentioned.

especially a LD it would have to be for an impact RHD like the Hronek trade or a solid second line C, or a top line forward that we don’t know is available 

no rentals involved 

I just can’t see them trading Willander or JL it would have to be an insane trade for us 

• Like 1

I read today that Cutter Gauthier has been subjected to death threats for turning his back on Philly. Seriously, have we as a society come to this: threatening the life of a 19 year-old kid who doesn't want to be part of a world that threatens a 19 year-old with death for not liking them? Torts was completely correct when he said that if Gauthier didn't want to be there, then they don't want him. There are too many other talented kids who would gladly step up and take that spot. As for Gauthier, let's see if the bad karma he's created will comeback to bite him.

33 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I read today that Cutter Gauthier has been subjected to death threats for turning his back on Philly. Seriously, have we as a society come to this: threatening the life of a 19 year-old kid who doesn't want to be part of a world that threatens a 19 year-old with death for not liking them? Torts was completely correct when he said that if Gauthier didn't want to be there, then they don't want him. There are too many other talented kids who would gladly step up and take that spot. As for Gauthier, let's see if the bad karma he's created will comeback to bite him.

Poor Kevin Hayes got death threats and was told they are happy that his brother died. Philly fans are absolutely ruthless.

Philly fans are absolute scum. Doesn't matter if it's hockey basketball or football. That city is disgusting when it comes to sports.  Booing and throwing stuff at Santa, telling an ex player they're glad his brother died, intentionally vomiting on an 11 year old girl.... I don't blame anyone for wanting to get away from that city when it comes to sports. 

On 1/12/2024 at 12:56 AM, Curmudgeon said:

It's always been like this 😂

Humans suck in general 

Edited by iinatcc

On 1/11/2024 at 6:56 PM, Curmudgeon said:

Death threats from Philly sports fans😱

In the modern world of social media and constant manufactured rage, it would be surprising if he didn’t get death threat especially if the team is from Philadelphia. 
Nothing funnier than watching the video of Philly fans when the Eagles lost the Super Bowl, ah man show me a better example of shadenfreude in sports. 

Edited by DrJockitch

19 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Torts won a Cup with Dan Boyle playing that role. Very good trade for Philly. Dumperoo a cancer (Gauthier can join Zegras in that carton) and Philly gets a star D, who Torts knows exactly how to get the best out of. 

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Torts won a Cup with Dan Boyle playing that role. Very good trade for Philly. Dumperoo a cancer (Gauthier can join Zegras in that carton) and Philly gets a star D, who Torts knows exactly how to get the best out of. 

Always thought Torts got a raw deal in Van. He had some hard observations on some players and the organization. He wanted  a rebuild back then and he was right. That said look at how well RT has actually educated the players, media and fans since he arrived. I don't watch Philly a lot but they play a solid game, not unlike Vancouver. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Always thought Torts got a raw deal in Van. He had some hard observations on some players and the organization. He wanted  a rebuild back then and he was right. That said look at how well RT has actually educated the players, media and fans since he arrived. I don't watch Philly a lot but they play a solid game, not unlike Vancouver. 

Yup. Players might not like Torts’s coaching methods but he does get the best out of them if they buy in. IMHAO we will see this Drysdale kid start putting up Dan Boyle numbers. Gauthier will be another selfish point seeker, just like Zegras. 
We should try and steal Mason McTavish from them. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1