PGT - Canucks at Ringers - 01/08/24

PhillipBlunt

Just now, CanuckMan said:

Peteys turned his game around because he’s playing with quality players in Miller & Boeser. 
This team will go serious places with either an improvement to the 2nd line wingers or with the addition of another top 6 quality center.

Petey should also be good on his own when his teammates aren’t performing. Consistency is key. He will come around. Took Mackinnon a few years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Those who are calling for us to trade for Lindholm and throw in Kuzzy and multiple assets including draft choices are not exactly considering.

Lindholm is 29 and had one 40+ goal season couple years back, and he got a lot of time with Gaudreau and Tkachuk on the PP.

This year he has 8 goals and 17 assists, and a -6 rating.... playing on the #1 line.

Kuzmenko is 27 and has 8 goals and 11 assists and a 0 rating.... playing most of the time on 3/4 lines.

And we are supposed to top up the offer for Lindholm with another player and a draft pick?

Not likely.

I don’t think we’d be getting lindholm for the goals. More so we would need him for cantering the 2nd line and setting up the players around him (assists) which he consistently puts up.

Just now, Jim McMahon said:

Petey should also be good on his own when his teammates aren’t performing. Consistency is key. He will come around. Took Mackinnon a few years. 

Yes he might get there in a couple years. But the problem is we really need to make a push this year. There’s no guarantee what might happen this off season with so many key UFA/RFA to sign and most of them needing raises. Adding another center would really solidify our line up for this year.

9 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Nah, I think most of the top end players are overpaid. I prefer the Vegas Golden Knights model of having 4 good lines instead of 1 or 2 good lines and a mish mash of league min and ELC players. But we'll see what Chandler Stephenson gets I suppose. If he gets 8+mil you're right and I am dumb.

The only reason Vegas have 4 good lines because all their players are pulling their weight in caps.. but let’s pretend eichel stone pietrangelo are cheap… even if ep signs for 12mil they would still be cheaper than those 3 they have like 4-5 player playing well above their cap hit

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Yes he might get there in a couple years. But the problem is we really need to make a push this year. There’s no guarantee what might happen this off season with so many key UFA/RFA to sign and most of them needing raises. Adding another center would really solidify our line up for this year.

Maybe just needs to put on 10lbs of muscle…

get stronger - harder to move off of the puck… like the Sedins were…

• Like 1

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Tocchet was all praise about Hoggs after tonight’s game…

the guy is a beast out there 

Dubas shoulda pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago when nucks offered Kuzy and hogz for JG

now hogz is untouchable!!!!!

speaks to Abby and Van synergy 

who woulda thought last year he’s look like this now 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Fun fact: despite playing in only 40 games so far, the 2023-24 Canucks have already scored more goals than the 2020-21 Canucks did in the entire COVID-shortened 56-game season (155 goals vs 151 goals).

Pointing Up Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Fun fact: despite playing in only 40 games so far, the 2023-24 Canucks have already scored more goals than the 2020-21 Canucks did in the entire COVID-shortened 56-game season (155 goals vs 151 goals).

And They have matched last years wins 

• Like 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Petey has not been 'struggling'.... he has been top ten in NHL scoring 99% of the year... he is on target for another 100 pts.

He makes everyone he plays with better... whether its Boeser/Miller or Kuzzy/Mikheyev or Lafferty/Mikheyev... most of the last two sets goals come as a result of one of his primary assists.

He just needs guys who can put the puck in the net and know how to get into position and he will feed them gimmes. 

Plus he can routinely score goals that most other players dream about doing.

I worry about his strength on the puck and in board battles. He does need to get a bit stronger I think. He’s a top 10 player no doubt, but he still needs some fine tuning. He’s young too. 

33 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Send them Kuzz and Myers… for Lindholm.. probably need to give them a pic as well 

Myers is playing decently enough to keep. If he was making $1.5M - 2M everyone would be happy (well almost everyone). Last year of contract and then an offer more in keeping with his worth will most likely be forthcoming. Now, if a deal came along that made sense to move Myers then I am pretty sure PA / JR won't first canvas CFF before making the move(s) needed.

But Kuz for Lindholm, I would say (and have a number of times already) ... yes ... depends on the other pieces that would invariably be added of course on either side.