PGT - Canucks at Ringers - 01/08/24

PhillipBlunt

The best thing about the "Lotto Line" is JT and Brock showing Petey how to build chemistry and trust.

Those two have been doing it all year with different guys, and mostly AHL guys.

If Petey can get his trust and confidence back he can make Kuz and Mik successful. 

Kuz and Mik need a Petey who plays like a JT. Few more games maybe?

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

What do you it would take to get greenway, always liked him

He’s on their third line, so nothing to crazy, I don’t think. Having a 6’6” 230 lbs player on the forward corps would be just what the doctor ordered. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Those who are calling for us to trade for Lindholm and throw in Kuzzy and multiple assets including draft choices are not exactly considering.

Lindholm is 29 and had one 40+ goal season couple years back, and he got a lot of time with Gaudreau and Tkachuk on the PP.

This year he has 8 goals and 17 assists, and a -6 rating.... playing on the #1 line.

Kuzmenko is 27 and has 8 goals and 11 assists and a 0 rating.... playing most of the time on 3/4 lines.

And we are supposed to top up the offer for Lindholm with another player and a draft pick?

Not likely.

good points… 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

“They are a high-powered, high-octane team. The way we played, how we played mentally was just not sharp enough to be good for 60 minutes,” Rangers captain Jacob Trouba said.

Ok ... ok ... we MUST be legit now. 😉

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

The only reason Vegas have 4 good lines because all their players are pulling their weight in caps.. but let’s pretend eichel stone pietrangelo are cheap… even if ep signs for 12mil they would still be cheaper than those 3 they have like 4-5 player playing well above their cap hit

Yeah, but to call Bo a 2nd line center is also disingenuous anyway. Dude is averaging roughly the same TOI as Petey and Miller. So the idea that 2Cs are making 8.5mil isn't really true anyway. But they still have a lot of good contracts. We also have players punching above their weight class. Doesn't change the fact most of their key players aren't breaking bank. Stephenson is the only top 6 piece grossly underpaid. And I still doubt he pulls 8+mil. Dude might get 6mil at the rate he's producing. So they'll still ice a 4 line team.

34 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Myers is playing decently enough to keep. If he was making $1.5M - 2M everyone would be happy (well almost everyone). Last year of contract and then an offer more in keeping with his worth will most likely be forthcoming. Now, if a deal came along that made sense to move Myers then I am pretty sure PA / JR won't first canvas CFF before making the move(s) needed.

But Kuz for Lindholm, I would say (and have a number of times already) ... yes ... depends on the other pieces that would invariably be added of course on either side.

Apparently lindholm is overrated- so i take that suggestion back…

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I swear it pains the likes of Dunce and the lackies at Canucks Army to admit that the Canucks are a contender.

Squirtrelli in his write up meatrode the Rangers, calling them a “bonafide elite” team, but couldn’t give the Canucks the same credit. 

They're all just ready to pounce because they've been wrong and get exposed each time we win. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I swear it pains the likes of Dunce and the lackies at Canucks Army to admit that the Canucks are a contender.

Squirtrelli in his write up meatrode the Rangers, calling them a “bonafide elite” team, but couldn’t give the Canucks the same credit. 

Literally no hockey writer or analyst is capable of giving the Canucks the level of credit that their record indicates. Seravelli was positive on the Canucks before the start of the season. The Canucks were good. So he took a victory lap 20 games in. And ever since then, he's kinda backtracked and won't give them legit credit. Its unbelievable how petty they all are regarding the Canucks.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, KFAN said:

Horvat gave it his best in Vancouver. He wasn't anywhere near the best captain we ever had, but he was the best choice we had at the time, and he did his best.

Not a fiery competitor. That was my beef.

• Like 1