PGT - Canucks at Ringers - 01/08/24

PhillipBlunt

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Yeah, but to call Bo a 2nd line center is also disingenuous anyway. Dude is averaging roughly the same TOI as Petey and Miller. So the idea that 2Cs are making 8.5mil isn't really true anyway. But they still have a lot of good contracts. We also have players punching above their weight class. Doesn't change the fact most of their key players aren't breaking bank. Stephenson is the only top 6 piece grossly underpaid. And I still doubt he pulls 8+mil. Dude might get 6mil at the rate he's producing. So they'll still ice a 4 line team.

Horvat took a bit to grow into the team. Tomorrow you will see a VENGEFUL BO. be prepared, we are gonna need more than the lotto line.

If you all want a second center and let Petey off the hook, we should try to get Horvat back even with fat wallet.

8 minutes ago, Tusk said:

The best thing about the "Lotto Line" is JT and Brock showing Petey how to build chemistry and trust.

Those two have been doing it all year with different guys, and mostly AHL guys.

If Petey can get his trust and confidence back he can make Kuz and Mik successful. 

Kuz and Mik need a Petey who plays like a JT. Few more games maybe?

Yeah, if Petey can make it work with Mik and Kuz, he'd be worth more than the 8 mil max I'd give him.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Wow, just saw....42 shots for the Rangers. Demko killed it tonight.

A good effort by all, really.

I feel like this was one of those games where the shot clock didn’t really describe the play in the ice. O-zone possession was actually pretty well even and the game was a lot closer than it looked. Absolutely great game. Edge of your seat hockey. Loved it. 

• Cheers 2

It almost seems as though the Canucks have found another gear now that the lotto line has reunited… I can only imagine if we got a decent second line centre what would happen

but maybe our players can rise up to the challenge?

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

Horvat took a bit to grow into the team. Tomorrow you will see a VENGEFUL BO. be prepared, we are gonna need more than the lotto line.

If you all want a second center and let Petey off the hook, we should try to get Horvat back even with fat wallet.

At his cap hit I'm good, also we wouldn't have the team we got if we didn't trade him, still a big Bo fan but that comment was a bit weird

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Wasnt sure if they are travelling tonight. 

It's all good, but even if it's in Long Island, they're right there now. 

That's the great thing about this part of the road trip... NJ, NYR, and NYI are literally about an hour drive of each other. 

No flying required.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

Petey should also be good on his own when his teammates aren’t performing. Consistency is key. He will come around. Took Mackinnon a few years. 

How many minutes has Petey played with Hughes/Hronek compared to Boeser/Miller? 

When Petey plays with Miller and Boeser it’s more than just them. It’s bonus lotto when Hughes/Hronek plays also.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

That's the great thing about this part of the road trip... NJ, NYR, and NYI are literally about an hour drive of each other. 

No flying required.

I wish I had money. I would walk between the games...

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

No flying required.

They stay at the same hotel from Thursday night until Wednesday. So travel is a non factor. And I think the boys are more prepared for this eastern swing than earlier in the year going to the center of the universe. JT looks unstoppable at both ends of the ice. With EP40 helping him out with center duties, that leaves JT to be more creative and confident that the puck will end up on his tape. 

2 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

How many minutes has Petey played with Hughes/Hronek compared to Boeser/Miller? 

When Petey plays with Miller and Boeser it’s more than just them. It’s bonus lotto when Hughes/Hronek plays also.

you dont pay attention enough then sir. Do not tell me your little lies.... usually I see Myers feeding JT or Brock.  yeah, last two games Hughes is on with Myers. No Hronek even in picture except on the other teams goals.

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Nonsense. Same with trading Kuzie (for different reasons obviously). 

You can't trade 1st line players with intangibles. Even when he's slumping he's still a decent player and net positive. I'd hate to pay him 12 million but would love to pay him 10 (probably around 11 mill is what he ends at). Even at 12 you HAVE to keep a player like that. You can't replace that within a few years. Bo Horvat was replaceable at the cap he wanted. Petey isn't. 

He's not taking a pay cut, which is what $10M would be, since he makes more than that this year, and no way be signs for the same money Eichel signed for back in Buffalo. He will also get more than Nylander, because centers get paid more. It's going to be $12M. If the Lotto Line stays together, Petey will be top five, maybe top two in scoring this season. 

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

you dont pay attention enough then sir. Do not tell me your little lies.... usually I see Myers feeding JT or Brock.  yeah, last two games Hughes is on with Myers. No Hronek even in picture except on the other teams goals.

So what are the totals?