PGT - Canucks at Ringers - 01/08/24

PhillipBlunt

So if they commit to the lotto line, will they now be looking for a 2C instead of a winger to play with Petey?  Could they still use Kuz as an asset to trade?  Who is out there as a possible 2C?  Rental or a player with term?

2 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

They stay at the same hotel from Thursday night until Wednesday. So travel is a non factor. And I think the boys are more prepared for this eastern swing than earlier in the year going to the center of the universe. JT looks unstoppable at both ends of the ice. With EP40 helping him out with center duties, that leaves JT to be more creative and confident that the puck will end up on his tape. 

Yeah I know that. That's what I was trying to explain to the other guy. 

I've lived in Manhattan, so I know the area quite well. 

Those guys are playing fantastic. It's great to see the whole team buying into the system and bringing it, more than not. 

Keep it rolling.

• Cheers 4

58 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Peteys turned his game around because he’s playing with quality players in Miller & Boeser. 
This team will go serious places with either an improvement to the 2nd line wingers or with the addition of another top 6 quality center.

I feel like Petey has benefited the most from the break. I feel like he was fighting a small injury and was really worn out. He is a completely different player now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LillStrimma said:

So what are the totals? 

Im not that smart man. I just watch the games.

but the "lotto line" were all a plus 4 or 5 in jersey and Hughes only a +2.

so i might be old but they are not playing favorites on defense, in fact, I think they are getting smarter about supporting skill guys with Big D-men who can kinda put shadows on the other team.

I mean PP sure Hughes is out there but for sure thats no different for Petey.

3 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Phillip, I suggest you put the blunt down and read the title of the highlights!

ringer ~ an athlete, team or racehorse that takes part in a game or competition under false pretences. 

Leave my blunt out of it, biatch!

• Haha 3

I loved that game. Just caught up with it on PVR. It made my day! Canucks looked incredible, and healthy. Hoglander, Petey, such sick goals. Third line still doing circles around opposition. Defense looks tight, except Myers, but what the heck, he’s big and we still need size. This team rocks!

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

So if they commit to the lotto line, will they now be looking for a 2C instead of a winger to play with Petey?  Could they still use Kuz as an asset to trade?  Who is out there as a possible 2C?  Rental or a player with term?

Might they grab Greenway from Buffalo and Guentzel from Pittsburgh?

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

ringer ~ an athlete, team or racehorse that takes part in a game or competition under false pretences. 

Pass it over here. I take good care of it and make sure I leave a decent sized roach for ya 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Blue said:

Literally no hockey writer or analyst is capable of giving the Canucks the level of credit that their record indicates. Seravelli was positive on the Canucks before the start of the season. The Canucks were good. So he took a victory lap 20 games in. And ever since then, he's kinda backtracked and won't give them legit credit. Its unbelievable how petty they all are regarding the Canucks.

They're warming up for a long Canuck playoff run 🤣

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's the title of the youtube highjlights video:....Just to be Blunt...

NHL Highlights | Canucks vs. Bruins - January 8, 2024

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Might they grab Greenway from Buffalo and Guentzel from Pittsburgh?

I was thinking a decent rental.option who might not cost an arm and a leg would be Adam Henrique

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

GO away dear sir. Petey needs his own line. 

This is a conditioning stint that is fun, however, Petey can only play with his friends till people catch on we no longer have 2 top lines.

Petterson has enough skill to make his wingers look better than they are, and in fact both Kuz and Mik were lost without him.

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

That's the title of the youtube highjlights video:....Just to be Blunt...

NHL Highlights | Canucks vs. Bruins - January 8, 2024

How very strange. Looking my forward to seeing the Canucks hand the Bruins their asses. 

Just now, Tusk said:

GO away dear sir. Petey needs his own line. 

This is a conditioning stint that is fun, however, Petey can only play with his friends till people catch on we no longer have 2 top lines.

Petterson has enough skill to make his wingers look better than they are, and in fact both Kuz and Mik were lost without him.

Or they find a  cheaper 2C to play with Kuz and Mik

53 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Fuk the Oil and there games in hand unless they significantly upgrade they’re defense and goaltending they are pooched,fuk the Oil

Relax, they're just getting in a position for us to bend them over in the first round.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Jim McMahon said:

Not taking away from his ability to play the game. He’s a great hockey player. He just never elevated his game here in Vancouver and he certainly wasn’t captain material. Management was genius for offloading him and gaining the assets back. We are a much better team now. 

Horvat gave it his best in Vancouver. He wasn't anywhere near the best captain we ever had, but he was the best choice we had at the time, and he did his best.

JT is looking so good right now. Any day of the week I'd take him at 8m vs Horvat at 8.5m. Great management decision.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Or they find a  cheaper 2C to play with Kuz and Mik

Um.. like Suter? which is doing nothing? Geez man Petey can handle a whole line to himself.

Its a waste to have him up with JT and Brock.

7 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I loved that game. Just caught up with it on PVR. It made my day! Canucks looked incredible, and healthy. Hoglander, Petey, such sick goals. Third line still doing circles around opposition. Defense looks tight, except Myers, but what the heck, he’s big and we still need size. This team rocks!

such a fun game to watch.  What hockey should be about.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tusk said:

Um.. like Suter? which is doing nothing? Geez man Petey can handle a whole line to himself.

Its a waste to have him up with JT and Brock.

They're in trouble if they go into the playoffs with Suter at 2C, imo.

Edited by stawns
  • ThereItIs 1