PGT - Canucks at Ringers - 01/08/24

PhillipBlunt

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

So if they commit to the lotto line, will they now be looking for a 2C instead of a winger to play with Petey?  Could they still use Kuz as an asset to trade?  Who is out there as a possible 2C?  Rental or a player with term?

Lindholm - Probably available

Jenner - Doubt it, but ya never know

Eriksson Ek - Also doubt it

Monahan - Likely available

Stamkos - Last year on contract, if they are out of it by then he might want to go for it as a rental

My best guess would be Monahan. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

Stamkos - Last year on contract, if they are out of it by then he might want to go for it as a rental

Agreed. With such a reasonable cap hit, Alvin could trade with Buffalo for Greenway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

Petey is, or will become, one of the best centers in the League and you want to make him play on the wing? WTF people just let him get his confidence back.

Kuz and Mik need him back.

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

I agree Dom! Especially if he can stay healthy until the TDL. We could likely get him for a 3rd + Sassons or something like that. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

Petey is, or will become, one of the best centers in the League and you want to make him play on the wing? WTF people just let him get his confidence back.

Kuz and Mik need him back.

It has nothing to do with Petey being a bad C or ' making him ' play on the wing. 

The lotto line is easily top 3 if not the best line in the entire league when they are together... why wouldn't we take advantage of that and find a 2C that makes this team damn hard to beat. We're that close to potentially contending for the cup. 

• ThereItIs 3

6 minutes ago, Dom said:

The Canucks don't have much to deal with and Monahan was someone I thought about too.  

I don't see Stamkis leaving TB, but even if he did, the Canucks font have the pieces for that deal I don't think and it'll be a high price for a rental.stamkos

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

It almost seems as though the Canucks have found another gear now that the lotto line has reunited… I can only imagine if we got a decent second line centre what would happen

but maybe our players can rise up to the challenge?

Um yeah, Petterson should rise up to the challenge. Thats the whole point.

Just now, stawns said:

The Canucks don't have much to deal with and Monahan was someone I thought about too.  

I don't see Stamkis leaving TB, but even if he did, the Canucks font have the pieces for that deal I don't think and it'll be a high price for a rental.stamkos

Yeah you're more than likely right, just was throwing out the possibility that he might be available. 

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hotbox Marvin Game GIF by 16BARS

I see your blunt and raise you a water jug on the head

GO CANUCK GO ... image for amusement if watching the 1 minute video is too much ... WooHoo love this team. 

image.png.bf883f740225c67eea1d2b6c9b9b7dbc.png

• Haha 4

Another player I wonder if the Canucks target come deadline is Pat Maroon. Massive amount of experience. 6'3 230. Will fight anyone and bring us leadership and toughness for 800k. Pending UFA. Would barely have to give anything up and we wouldn't have to play him every night if we didn't want to.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Agreed. With such a reasonable cap hit, Alvin could trade with Buffalo for Greenway. 

Why would they need Greenway, they already have a solid bottom 6.  Unless they move Kuz and Hogz moves up.

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Another player I wonder if the Canucks target come deadline is Pat Maroon. Massive amount of experience. 6'3 230. Will fight anyone and bring us leadership and toughness for 800k. Pending UFA. Would barely have to give anything up and we wouldn't have to play him every night if we didn't want to.

Again, they don't need bottom 6 players.  They need either a top 6 winger to play with Petey or a 2C if they keep.the lotto line together

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

It has nothing to do with Petey being a bad C or ' making him ' play on the wing. 

The lotto line is easily top 3 if not the best line in the entire league when they are together... why wouldn't we take advantage of that and find a 2C that makes this team damn hard to beat. We're that close to potentially contending for the cup. 

Its exactly that. We need two "star" if you will, Centers. JT earned it over Horvat. Petterson just is a good center. Petterson is looking comfortable with the responsibility off his back but his line needs him.

I think the contract will have the same effect. He needs to just play, and he is our 2C and everyone in the media needs to stop calling him the first line.

I think he is playing himself just not seeing his name at the top center of the lineup. I mean it makes me even feel better. JT is our 1C and people just gotta be honest

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Why would they need Greenway, they already have a solid bottom 6.  Unless they move Kuz and Hogz moves up.

Size, bruh. I could see a situation where both Hoglander or Joshua, or both, move up. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Yeah. but with tampa retaining would the sodas let us have him? But yeah that is the press box guy we need for games like Philly

9 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

4th line guy would be great.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Size, bruh. I could see a situation where both Hoglander or Joshua, or both, move up. 

They won't break up that third line and what good is size of they can't really play.  I'd rather see them bring up Karlsson or Podz than spend assets on Greenway.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

They have a lineup that plays from just under 10 minutes a game, to the high teens, barring OT. Why would they go after a guy who might get 6 minutes on a good night. No thank you. IF anything this team needs a center that can win over 50% of the faceoffs in the defensive zone. Suter and Blueger are a start, but what would that cost? If anything this team needs another defenseman, in case of injuries and for the grind a playoff season brings.