PGT - Canucks at Ringers - 01/08/24

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They won't break up that third line and what good is size of they can't really play.  I'd rather see them bring up Karlsson or Podz than spend assets on Greenway.

Greenway can’t play? Well he’s been playing for some time now and lately it’s been in Buffalo. 

2 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

They have a lineup that plays from just under 10 minutes a game, to the high teens, barring OT. Why would they go after a guy who might get 6 minutes on a good night. No thank you. IF anything this team needs a center that can win over 50% of the faceoffs in the defensive zone. Suter and Blueger are a start, but what would that cost? If anything this team needs another defenseman, in case of injuries and for the grind a playoff season brings.

appreciate your rage, but we do need some expendable backup size. We have deep defense in Abby in case of injury or whatever your concerns are.

Hate to say it but we still need a Thug on the bench occasionally to keep the other team "aware" like we were "aware" with Trouba tonight.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ok i found one. One hockey media guy that's balls out on the Canucks

This guy hasn't a clue about the canucks... As a matter of fact, until thus season, had been slagging the nucks for years, talking shit along with his spitting chicklets goofs.

• Vintage 4

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

This guy hasn't a clue about the canucks... As a matter of fact, until thus season, had been slagging the nucks for years, talking shit along with his spitting chicklets goofs.

He called the Leafs and Oilers contenders.  He clearly took way too many punches to the head.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

They’re hockey fans who are excited about watching good hockey. We were shit, why would he say good things about us the last few years? 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 3

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

They’re hockey fans who are excited about watching good hockey. We were shit, why would he say good things about us the last few years? 

We were shit... But there takes weren't based on actual knowledge of the team.  It was just surface, low hanging fruit rhetoric.  They didn't actually watch the games.  Lazy takes.  No time for those guys.

2 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

We were shit... But there takes weren't based on actual knowledge of the team.  It was just surface, low hanging fruit rhetoric.  They didn't actually watch the games.  Lazy takes.  No time for those guys.

I’ve just learned to except that nobody in this fanbase likes anyone in the media outside of Vancouver. 

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

Im not that smart man. I just watch the games.

but the "lotto line" were all a plus 4 or 5 in jersey and Hughes only a +2.

so i might be old but they are not playing favorites on defense, in fact, I think they are getting smarter about supporting skill guys with Big D-men who can kinda put shadows on the other team.

I mean PP sure Hughes is out there but for sure thats no different for Petey.

Why do you bother answering when you just mumbles? 
Come back when you know tge totals or let someone that knows answer.

34 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Greenway can’t play? Well he’s been playing for some time now and lately it’s been in Buffalo. 

He doesn't play any better than anyone currently on the Canucks roster, imo.  One of the most overrated players in the league.  Hrs big, that's about it

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I’ve just learned to except that nobody in this fanbase likes anyone in the media outside of Vancouver. 

Lol we barely like any of our media or our own fans either lol!  However, i also believe as fans, we know our team inside and out.  Maybe biased and delusional at times but we can assess our team better than most media in or out of our market.

1 hour ago, LillStrimma said:

How many minutes has Petey played with Hughes/Hronek compared to Boeser/Miller? 

When Petey plays with Miller and Boeser it’s more than just them. It’s bonus lotto when Hughes/Hronek plays also.

LottoMax 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Malibu said:

Suter and Blueger are a big reason we are where we are imo.

Put another way - wow look what it’s like having nhl caliber players on D and at C

i would say this lineup was all nhl caliber players - nothing against Sheldon fries, Jack studnicka, etc but to be a good team in the nhl you need to have good nhl players… or something like that yogi