PGT - Canucks at Ringers - 01/08/24

PhillipBlunt

24 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Yeah exactly. It's pretty obvious you earn your spot or you don't play. Kuz should be fine.

Tocchet benched JT for the rest of the period to get him to get his head back in the game. 

Nobody should be getting any special treatment. 

It's great to see. 

And where are those "fire Tocchet" guys? 😆

Avoid The Office GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Here is Patrick Johnston on December 20th hyping the Kings over the Canucks right at the start of the video 

A few posters here and Drance were also hyping them at the time.

Johnston and Drance are absolute nightmares to listen to - I remember listening to these sentiments last month, incredibly annoying. I only bother listening to that dud of a podcast when Seravalli or Corrado come on to do their hits. 

Here's something miles better on a much better podcast:

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Don't know about you guys/gals.  But aside from that massive win against a top team.   I'm looking forward to @CanuckFanForever trying not to choke on his joystick, and not make a duplicate (do I have this right, or is it a joint account!?), and have to actually man up and say nice things about Tochett and the team, win or lose, for the rest of the season.    Know it won't be easy.   But also think he can do it too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Don't know about you guys/gals.  But aside from that massive win against a top team.   I'm looking forward to @CanuckFanForever trying not to choke on his joystick, and not make a duplicate (do I have this right, or is it a joint account!?), and have to actually man up and say nice things about Tochett and the team, win or lose, for the rest of the season.    Know it won't be easy.   But also think he can do it too. 

I think it’s hilarious - speaking of his perpetual negativity 

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

There is a jealousy in central Canada of our climate and how beautiful a region we live in. When they can retire, and if they can afford it, they move here. 

Lord knows I am planning too. Will necessitate going from 4000sq feet and a pool to a large closet with a hammock but that’s Vancouver and she is generally worth it. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Canucks played a full 60 mins, Played their game, every player stepped it up and Tocchet out coached Laviolette

But, but… what happened?

IMG_0121.thumb.jpeg.3fd9411630039734a4f5ceff32e000cd.jpeg

19 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

A thing of beauty. 

IMG_9233.thumb.jpeg.2d86f61d2680d96d07d0f0f121822a91.jpeg

Now this I like!!

Even IF the kings won all 4 of their games in hand, we’d still be a point up on them. 

So all the naysayers who refused to give props last month and the month before and the month before based on soft schedule and having played more games early can kiss my rosy red Doughboy

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

But, but… what happened?

IMG_0121.thumb.jpeg.3fd9411630039734a4f5ceff32e000cd.jpeg

So in your point of view people can't change their opinion. Perfection must be nice it must be lonely on top of that mountain 

LOOK AT YOUR SIGNATURE YOU ARE ALSO THE GRAMMER POLICE.

should of, could of, would of

Are you a teacher with a PhD

Edited by CanuckFanForever

4 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

So in your point of view people can't change their opinion. Perfection must be nice it must be lonely on top of that mountain 

LOOK AT YOUR SIGNATURE YOU ARE ALSO THE GRAMMER POLICE.

should of, could of, would of

GrammAr

2 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Pius to Hoggy tho…….. what a pass… he’s a beauty…

While I like Suter, I don't think he is a 2C on a contender...at least no by choice. 

He is a good player, very good value, but feel we need a better 2C, if we are to really believe...

Nevertheless, go for it even if these are the horses, we have.... who knows, what tomorrow brings 🙂

23 hours ago, JamesB said:

I would like to comment on these two points.

What a lot of people (including me) have been saying about Kuzy, at least for the past two games, is that he had been playing well but is clearly "squeezing his stick" and "not playing with confidence".  I think that is an objective assessment. He has contributed to both wins despite not getting on the scoreboard but, right now, I would say he is the only guy on the team who is playing below expectations. It is not a question of Tocchet's good side or bad side. It is a question of how Kuzy reacts. Tocc has done a great job with Miller, Boeser, Garland, Joshua and Hogs. Kuzy is taking a bit longer but I think he is making progress.

The good news is that if he really does take the next step and combines his offensive skill with solid defensive play that will go a long way toward solving the "one-line problem."

This brings me to the point about a "one-line team". This has been discussed a lot. If that one line is the best line in the league and is scoring at a high rate, I think we can live with that. But if Kuzy can elevate his game to the level I think we believe he can, the Canucks would have a good second line along with maybe the best third line in the league (and don't forget Hoggy on the 4th line).

A lot of people are saying that we "need" a high-end 2C. It would be nice to have one, but they are not easy to get. While Suter is regarded as natural 3C, with two good wingers (Kuzy and Mik) the line could be a very good two-way line that is at least respectable as a second line. 

The combination of arguably the best top line in the league, the best third line in the line, an above-average 4th line, and a respectable second line would be pretty darn good -- better than other other team  in the NHL can muster. (There is a reason the Canucks lead the NHL is scoring and in scoring differential.)

Right now, I would say don't mess with success. If and when other teams do react effectively to the Lotto line, then Tocc can look as other adjustments.

Great post. 

Your assessment of Kuz is accurate. 

He is starting to play the way RT wants but its out of his comfort zone and with past trauma of benchings, he's squeezing his stick and passing up opportunities when he should be shooting etc. 

I think once the system gets fully engrained, he'll start playing faster and not overthinking and once he finds a bit of success, he might have a nice trajectory. 

Well that's the hope at least

• Cheers 2