PGT - Canucks at Ringers - 01/08/24

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Why couldn't they? They probably are. Doesn't mean they tear up the town. But they gots to eat. 

Plus, they're playing in Brooklyn tomorrow? Not too far from Manhattan. 

take that good job GIF
well said sir…

point well taken…

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think he made a bet the Canucks we're going to lose every game of the road trip.

Conditions of the loss is he couldn't say anything bad about the Canucks the rest of the season.

Unless my memory fails.

Oh lol, good

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Despite how well Demko played, DeSmith needs to get a few games during this road trip.

Been noticing Demko getting beat from distance, looks like his minutes need to be managed. 

At minimum, he should be starting tomorrow and the early start vs Buffalo on Saturday. 

Demko needs to push out of the blue on certain shots and be a touch more aggressive . He will take away a lot of net that way . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rob Eh said:

You can put the lotto line back together because all the other lines are producing as well. What great depth and the defence is really solid. 

Demko made some marvellous saves too. Just a great performance from every one on the roster. I couldn't be happier wth this team.

The whole team played great today, was a great road game and a good 60mins.

The only line I haven't liked for a while though, is the 2nd line with Mik on it. He's been playing in the top 6 for most of the year, but feel like he's much more suited for a bottom 6 role. I don't feel like him and Petey had any chemistry, just don't think he's creative enough to play with Petey, and not offensively talented enough to be relied on as a top 6 threat.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Thought the Suter line and Kuz in particular had strong games tonight.  They didn't score but created a lot of chances.  Sure a 2C would be a nice add but I'd give that line a chance to put some offense together. 

Need to unload Kuzz - unless he figures out how to put in a consistent effort…

18 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

Honestly, I don’t think he was well liked in the room. And plus, we wouldn’t have Hronek. So massive W for us. Horvat was too streaky and had no mean streak in him. It’s too bad 

I've never seen anything that our former captain was not 'well liked' by his teammates.

Have you looked at his stats this season? As usual, he is a pt a game and will likely reach

the +30g mark again, The Hronek, the ability to sign Zadorov via Beau's trade (and Raty)

acquisitions were very savvy moves on the part of the team management.

Edited by higgyfan
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Lotto Line 16 points last two games with 4 goals in each ... not too shabby. Tocchet will most likely keep a winning hand together this road trip at least and especially with contributions elsewhere chipping in as well.

Cue the broken record #1: a legit 2C and we are set

Cue the broken record #2: Lindholm from Calgary because sending <insert one of two names> the other way will be a net positive with depth in Abby ready to step up.

GO CANUCKS GO and can't wait for tomorrow's game.

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

The whole team played great today, was a great road game and a good 60mins.

The only line I haven't liked for a while though, is the 2nd line with Mik on it. He's been playing in the top 6 for most of the year, but feel like he's much more suited for a bottom 6 role. I don't feel like him and Petey had any chemistry, just don't think he's creative enough to play with Petey, and not offensively talented enough to be relied on as a top 6 threat.

I think the Hoglander line is just as good. Aman can really dish out the passes and Hogni can finish them.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Lotto Line 16 points last two games with 4 goals in each ... not too shabby. Tocchet will most likely keep a winning hand together this road trip at least and especially with contributions elsewhere chipping in as well.

Cue the broken record #1: a legit 2C and we are set

Cue the broken record #2: Lindholm from Calgary because sending <insert one of two names> the other way will be a net positive with depth in Abby ready to step up.

GO CANUCKS GO and can't wait for tomorrow's game.

Send them Kuzz and Myers… for Lindholm.. probably need to give them a pic as well 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Despite how well Demko played, DeSmith needs to get a few games during this road trip.

Been noticing Demko getting beat from distance, looks like his minutes need to be managed. 

At minimum, he should be starting tomorrow and the early start vs Buffalo on Saturday. 

That's exactly what the Rangers broadcast team were saying in their post-game segment.  He's #1 in short range suppression but just mediocre from faceoff dots out.  Tendency when game gets tight is to go down early, and that exposes his one weakness, glove side high shots.

They were lamenting that the Rangers kept trying short-range plays, feeding Demko's strength

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I've never seen anything that our former captain was 'well liked' by his teammates.  Have you looked

at his stats this season?  As usual, he is a pt a game and will likely reach the +30g mark again,

The Hronek, the ability to sign Zadorov via Beau's trade (and possibly Raty) acquisitions were very

savvy moves on the part of the team management.

Not taking away from his ability to play the game. He’s a great hockey player. He just never elevated his game here in Vancouver and he certainly wasn’t captain material. Management was genius for offloading him and gaining the assets back. We are a much better team now. 

• ThereItIs 1