PGT - Canucks at Ringers - 01/08/24

PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

maybe it would be easier to just trade you both for a couple calgary fans.

Feeling the love and that’s the second time you want me traded to Calgary… 

at least you are consistent… 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Rangers are the class of the East... no question.

They are a year older, last year they had some jitters, but they are now rounding into a integrated, confident team.

For the Canucks to beat them so decisively is a real indicator of how good this team can be.

Soucy coming back has made a big difference in their defensive consistency... he is a reliable backend who stabilizes his partner and adds in offensive play.

Not a perfect team, they really need to have Petey centering his own line... the Lotto line are too vulnerable to being keyed on.... other teams will start to focus on them and the existing 2nd line won't be able to pick the slack.

Notice that Petey was largely responsible for Hogg's first goal... he shouldn't be on the ice with Hoggs but it was a line change.

The only other way the Canucks solve this problem is by getting a bonafide second line center, but those do not come cheaply, and would probably break the Canuck's CAP.

Team needs to either get Kuzmenko playing defensively to Tocchet's satisfaction, or find another winger who can join Petey and Mikheyev.

But I think the solution is in the Canuck's hands right now... that is for Kuzmenko to play with Petey on the second line.

Wow, after tonight, I'd prefer to have Kuz nowhere near Petey. He had some horrible shifts. 

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Actually Bo is being paid what he should be.... the fact is, a #2 centerman who can score 30+ goals is an expensive proposition.

Nah, I think most of the top end players are overpaid. I prefer the Vegas Golden Knights model of having 4 good lines instead of 1 or 2 good lines and a mish mash of league min and ELC players. But we'll see what Chandler Stephenson gets I suppose. If he gets 8+mil you're right and I am dumb.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Nothing good happened when Gaunce was here 

When I was reading nuckfans post, reminded me of gaunce lol. But he was the chosen one to be the future capo

Just now, higgyfan said:

Is that what you were saying about ET before the Lotto Line came together?

Petey has been struggling there’s no question. He’s turning his game around quick tho. Petey is on a whole other level than Horvat. You can’t compare the players. Horvat is who is, a second line scoring center who can play big minutes. Petey is on the cusp of superstar talent. If he’s more consistent, then he gets that status and gets the bag. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Is that what you were saying about ET before the Lotto Line came together?

Well why does Brock and JT have to make Petey better? Petey is supposed to be making Mik and Kuz better.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Finished the game, had to drive in the snow storm to West K to pick up my daughter, then had dinner but I am here now to see all the happy dances!
what a great game. 
Carry on…….

Was a former smith creek resident. I don’t miss living up there 🤢

3 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

Petey has been struggling there’s no question. He’s turning his game around quick tho. Petey is on a whole other level than Horvat. You can’t compare the players. Horvat is who is, a second line scoring center who can play big minutes. Petey is on the cusp of superstar talent. If he’s more consistent, then he gets that status and gets the bag. 

Peteys turned his game around because he’s playing with quality players in Miller & Boeser. 
This team will go serious places with either an improvement to the 2nd line wingers or with the addition of another top 6 quality center.

22 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Send them Kuzz and Myers… for Lindholm.. probably need to give them a pic as well 

Myers is playing decently enough to keep. If he was making $1.5M - 2M everyone would be happy (well almost everyone). Last year of contract and then an offer more in keeping with his worth will most likely be forthcoming. Now, if a deal came along that made sense to move Myers then I am pretty sure PA / JR won't first canvas CFF before making the move(s) needed.

But Kuz for Lindholm, I would say (and have a number of times already) ... yes ... depends on the other pieces that would invariably be added of course on either side.

• Like 1