Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Rubik

Just now, DrJockitch said:

If you were Russian and had your family in Russia you would and should be pro-Putin publicly.  Anything else is potentially fatal for you and all you love. 

These are hockey players, unfortunately we tend to raise these guys up as hero’s but they are just guys who play a game for a living. 

True enough. I respect Roman a lot so asked for detail. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Canucks should find out what they have in Podz this season before making a (deadline) trade for another forward.

I agree, will also be good to bring him up into this winning hard working culture.

Podz, Bains and Karlsson all deserve extended looks for their solid play in Abbotsford.

Hence why I don’t mind trading Kuz for a good prospect and sitting that pizza guy in the press box more often

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I agree, will also be good to bring him up into this winning hard working culture.

Podz, Bains and Karlsson all deserve extended looks for their solid play in Abbotsford.

Hence why I don’t mind trading Kuz for a good prospect and sitting that pizza guy in the press box more often

I think they will give Kuzmenko the rest of this season, or at the very least till the deadline to figure out his game before deciding to move him.

Bains and Karlsson are really close, could probably be called up now. Karlsson hasn't looked out of place in the couple of games he's played.

I think Podkolzin needs another month or two to get fully back on track from his injury. He was close when that happened, I don't think it will take much longer for him.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Captain insano said:

Thank you for addressing this, To many condescending people out there thinking their way of life or beliefs are superior, and like you said even if you do think that there is plenty of places to debate politics, not in a 22 year old Russian hockey players thread on a Canucks forum LOL…. 

You do realize that what you are expressing IS a political point of view. It is the viewpoint that only people who share your view should be allowed to speak.n"To many condescending people out there thinking their way of life or beliefs are superior," and that is you doing exactly that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Someone was suggesting let Podz stew for another month or so in the AHL. 

That's not bad, especially giving him the opportunity to rehab and get his conditioning back. 

He's the kind of power forward many are wanting to trade for. 

I don't see any reason why he won't be playing here this year. 

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Captain insano said:

Thank you for addressing this, To many condescending people out there thinking their way of life or beliefs are superior, and like you said even if you do think that there is plenty of places to debate politics, not in a 22 year old Russian hockey players thread on a Canucks forum LOL…. 

I disagree.  The thread is about a 22 year old Russian hockey player.  His politics is on topic for those who care to address it.  You're welcome to your opinion as we are to ours.

On 12/27/2023 at 12:48 AM, RomanPer said:

I have a big problem with Podz political preferences. Does this count as a valid concern?

For us as fans for sure. But in the room do the guys care? They just want to win. IMHAO Podz helping the club win is all the guys care about. 
Podz can be a difference maker. He’s big, skilled, smart, and high compete. 

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

For us as fans for sure. But in the room do the guys care? They just want to win. IMHAO Podz helping the club win is all the guys care about. 
Podz can be a difference maker. He’s big, skilled, smart, and high compete. 

I guess it depends on how far it goes. If he's annoying like some bible thumper it might be a problem, or if he goes public with something, it could harm the room.

For me it just makes him trade bait if he goes weird. 

He's young, sometimes young people try on ideas. Doesn't mean it's permanent .

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I guess it depends on how far it goes. If he's annoying like some bible thumper it might be a problem, or if he goes public with something, it could harm the room.

For me it just makes him trade bait if he goes weird. 

He's young, sometimes young people try on ideas. Doesn't mean it's permanent .

IMHAO if the player is helping the club win the room will not care about away from the rink stuff. A winning room is the key. And Podz can, and will help us win. Podz will be in one of the convertibles in the June 2024 Cup parade down Georgia. 

• ThereItIs 1

Podz is such an interesting case for us. Clearly, he's our top prospect with the most draft capital invested, and has already shown he can play in the NHL.

But right now guys like Bains and Karlsson are simply ahead of him. We all know the 'intangibles' that Podkolzin offers, but those guys are both quite a bit more dynamic offensively. 

Podz is just such a likeable character, hardworking, and can fit a 4th line role if needed. Very interesting to see if he's up with the big club at any point this year.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 12:48 AM, RomanPer said:

I have a big problem with Podz political preferences. Does this count as a valid concern?

That's quite a statement you have dropped into this thread.  Without context, the readers can

only guess what it could mean.  The floodgates are open now and there will be endless

speculations as to what you have implied.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, nergish said:

Podz is such an interesting case for us. Clearly, he's our top prospect with the most draft capital invested, and has already shown he can play in the NHL.

But right now guys like Bains and Karlsson are simply ahead of him. We all know the 'intangibles' that Podkolzin offers, but those guys are both quite a bit more dynamic offensively. 

Podz is just such a likeable character, hardworking, and can fit a 4th line role if needed. Very interesting to see if he's up with the big club at any point this year.

I believe waivers may not allow that to happen. We could see it closer to the end of the year but if my memory serves me correctly he can come up but needs waivers to go down again. And that’s not something we can risk. We need to be sure he’s here to stay when we call him up. This may mean we over cook him for the rest of the season and he earns the opening roster spot next season.