Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Rubik

9 hours ago, CaptainQuin said:

Yeah he needs all the 1st line minutes he’s getting right now. No need to bring him up ATM

only way I see him playing up with the big club this year is in the playoffs if Abbotsford gets eliminated and Canucks are still making a run 

Of all the Canuck prospects, my biggest concern is for Podz.  Other than Karlsson (who seems to

be the #1 callup this season), Podz is the only one whose waiver eligibility ends next season.

Basically, he has to make the NHL and make it stick.

If it means leaving him in Abby until they are eliminated, then so be it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Of all the Canuck prospects, my biggest concern is for Podz.  Other than Karlsson (who seems to

be the #1 callup this season), Podz is the only one whose waiver eligibility ends next season.

Basically, he has to make the NHL and make it stick.

If it means leaving him in Abby until they are eliminated, then so be it. 

Anything Shy of him going on a ppg or better tare well dominating the league for a month stretch here, I would expect that is the plan as of right now 

On 1/13/2024 at 12:15 AM, N4ZZY said:

They need to. He needs a ton of playing time, and the coaching staff in Abby to work with him. If he continues his offensive play, I think he could get a call up at some point maybe before the playoffs. 

I think he is deserved of a call up at some point as well to see if what he is doing this season will translate to the NHL and give him and the coaches a sense of where he stands. The way he is driving to the net so far is nothing short of eye-popping.

There are 3 Vancouver home games in particular where he can be brought up that won't affect the schedule of the Abby Canucks if in fact they want him to stay there. There are no games during the weekdays for Abby and the Vancouver has home games on:

Feb 15 vs. The Red Wings

Mar 19 vs. The Sabres

Mar 21 vs. The Habs

These games could also be an opportunity to look at other players like Bains, but Pods would be at the top of my list to get a call up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Left Wing Nut said:

I think he is deserved of a call up at some point as well to see if what he is doing this season will translate to the NHL and give him and the coaches a sense of where he stands. The way he is driving to the net so far is nothing short of eye-popping.

There are 3 Vancouver home games in particular where he can be brought up that won't affect the schedule of the Abby Canucks if in fact they want him to stay there. There are no games during the weekdays for Abby and the Vancouver has home games on:

Feb 15 vs. The Red Wings

Mar 19 vs. The Sabres

Mar 21 vs. The Habs

These games could also be an opportunity to look at other players like Bains, but Pods would be at the top of my list to get a call up.

Simone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe if he comes up again he needs waivers to go back down. So if he comes up it needs to be for good.  As bad as I would like to see a call up there is a reason he may not get one 

• Cheers 1

On 1/13/2024 at 11:32 PM, CaptainQuin said:

Yeah he needs all the 1st line minutes he’s getting right now. No need to bring him up ATM

only way I see him playing up with the big club this year is in the playoffs if Abbotsford gets eliminated and Canucks are still making a run 

We are definitely not going to be able to re-sign all the guys on the Canucks next year - Podz will be an inexpensive fill next year - he needs all the top six minutes he can get in the AHL this year to get him ready.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

I worry about Podz fighting. That knock he took this yr was scary. He's not 6'4 215 i don't want him to get a squishy melon. He's got too much upside long term.  I look fwd to 26-32 yo Podkolzin. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I worry about Podz fighting. That knock he took this yr was scary. He's not 6'4 215 i don't want him to get a squishy melon. He's got too much upside long term.  I look fwd to 26-32 yo Podkolzin. 

Yeah I hear ya but I think showing he can get into of these tilts unscathed is a good sign as well.  Some guys are just built different 

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Looks like Podkolzin is learning how to fight.  Covered his head from some punches and got a couple of shots in against a much bigger player…

I bet both Rick and Patrick took note of that! It's part of what's been lacking, but this is becoming a very good year for him out in the valley.

• Cheers 1