Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Rubik

11 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

Goodie Howe Hat trick (two goal, assist and fight).  I say the kid is ready.  

Give him another month, let his performance over the last week become habit. He needs to play a certain way without thinking about it.

• ThereItIs 1

12 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Give him another month, let his performance over the last week become habit. He needs to play a certain way without thinking about it.

He won't clear waivers so he spends the season in Abby. A black ace come playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

He won't clear waivers so he spends the season in Abby. A black ace come playoffs. 

I think he only has to clear waivers if they bring him up for 10 or more games before sending him back down. I don't think they will pull him up unless they think he's really ready. There's no open spot here for him right now. 

• Upvote 1

If Podkolzin continues this level of play for the next couple of weeks, I would reward him, call him up to the big club for a couple of weeks prior to the TDL. 

Not to showcase him as trade bait, (that would be beyond stupid to trade him) but to see if he's ready to take that next step and be that piece that others are looking to trade for. And although not a center, he does take and win face offs too. 

This kid's a player, is still only 22, and as mentioned, he's built for the playoffs. He already proved that in the KHL as an 18 year old? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Podkolzin is much better than Höglander. Bigger, stronger, faster. Better shot. Better defensively. There is a reason Podkolzin was ranked in the top 5 in his draft year while Höglander was a second rounder. 

Watch next year what happens. Podkolzin is a true power forward. He will be a beast next year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Podkolzin is much better than Höglander. Bigger, stronger, faster. Better shot. Better defensively. There is a reason Podkolzin was ranked in the top 5 in his draft year while Höglander was a second rounder. 

Watch next year what happens. Podkolzin is a true power forward. He will be a beast next year. 

Please be true....

• Cheers 2

On 1/30/2024 at 7:52 AM, VegasCanuck said:

I think he only has to clear waivers if they bring him up for 10 or more games before sending him back down. I don't think they will pull him up unless they think he's really ready. There's no open spot here for him right now. 

No he is exempt from waivers until he completes 3 pro seasons (next season) or plays 42 more NHL games. Seeing as we only have 33 games left it is impossible for him to be waiver eligible until after July 1st.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

He’s been bouncing around too much the last few years. KHL, VHL, MHL, WJC, NHL, AHL… let him cook for a full season in the AHL as THE guy for once so he can continue to develop his game. If we go deep in the playoffs, we’ll need him to be healthy and ready to rumble. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:32 PM, RockemSockem said:

It would be so nice if we could trade Mikheyev in the offseason and replace him with Podkolzin on a cheap 1.25 mil contract?  For a few seasons.

Mikhayev is too important to us from a defensive perspective. Podz is not ready for that responsibility

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:00 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He really needs this to boost that confidence again that he can be a difference maker on the ice.

I fully believe that the day we drafted him, he was made for playoff hockey, and would be the hero's we would sing of if we won.

If we lose Joshua as a UFA, he(Podz) is a key piece to help fill that role

On 2/7/2024 at 8:00 AM, Bardown said:

Mikhayev is too important to us from a defensive perspective. Podz is not ready for that responsibility

If we re-sign Lindholm with the space from moving Mikheyev then Podkolzin doesn't have to shoulder that defensively responsibility, Lindholm will.

I don't think we will be able to hold onto all of Mikheyev, Garland, and Lindholm (let alone re-sign Joshua) if we also want to bring in a top 4 defenseman in the offseason. I think we're going to have to trust Podkolzin to be able to replace Mikheyev or Garland.

I feel in the last 3-4 games Podz has finally picked his game back up to the next level we know he can hit. He's started to look like Hogz was last year where he stands out every game as being a cut above in terms of skill and vision on the ice in the A.   His play in the O Zone especially has been really impressive. 

The big thing with the lad will be can he now keep this level consistent. Toch and the gang have done a great job of doing that across our roster, but Podz really needs to prove this isn't just another flash in the pan for him, otherwise he might end up like Jake in terms of unfulfilled potential 

48 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

If we re-sign Lindholm with the space from moving Mikheyev then Podkolzin doesn't have to shoulder that defensively responsibility, Lindholm will.

I don't think we will be able to hold onto all of Mikheyev, Garland, and Lindholm (let alone re-sign Joshua) if we also want to bring in a top 4 defenseman in the offseason. I think we're going to have to trust Podkolzin to be able to replace Mikheyev or Garland.

We could lose both Mik and Garland. I have become a huge Garland fan this year. He strikes me as a heart & sole player. I don't know of another player who tries to create a community within the group. He is a hugger. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

I feel he could probably replace Mikheyev and what he brings to the lineup. I’d say Podkolzin is a more talented Mikheyev with more upside

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Boudrias said:

We could lose both Mik and Garland. I have become a huge Garland fan this year. He strikes me as a heart & sole player. I don't know of another player who tries to create a community within the group. He is a hugger. 

I do worry that Garland isn't able to replicate his niche play next year, especially if Blueger and/or Joshua are not around. I also am not a fan of his $5 mil salary that far down the line-up. It's also possible we could sell high on a player we couldn't give away before this year started. Hugs aside I think he is a strong candidate to be moved in the off-season due to cap reasons.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1