Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Rubik

1 hour ago, Bobby James said:

Podz played really solid while called up. 

Skated well and was able to create some offense playing in the bottom 6. 

Yup. A lot more confident so played faster. Was physical and held onto pucks. Played a heavy wall game. He’s earning ice time and the coach’s trust. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. A lot more confident so played faster. Was physical and held onto pucks. Played a heavy wall game. He’s earning ice time and the coach’s trust. 

I think he earns a spot on the team next season.  One day, I hope we will see the Podz that lead

his KHL team in playoff points at 19yrs.  That would be a dream come through for Nuck fans!

Edited by higgyfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I think he earns a spot on the team next season.  One day, I hope we will see the Podz that lead

his KHL team in playoff points at 19yrs.  That would be a dream come through for Nuck fans!

He’ll have to because he won’t be able to be sent down without waivers! 

13 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Nah.... You go ahead and temper your expectations.  Don't listen to 650 much... Don't care what they say... Doesn't change my belief one way or another.  He's a game changer in the making.  He has that 'it' factor.  May not score a lot... But he has that clutch gene.  So very glad he wasn't traded at the deadline.

That beautiful goal that Pettersson scored the other night where he got the pass from Höglander walked into the slot and fired, everyone was praising Höglander for creating the play.

Höglander made a great pass but the only reason the puck was still in the zone for Höglander to work with was Podkolzin. He's the one that caused the turnover behind the net and created the chaos we turned into a goal.

He just didn't get credit for it, not even a +1, but without the shift he just had, that goal doesn't happen. 

• Cheers 4

Lekkerimaki with an assist this morning in a losing cause (3-1) 

HIs team now sits in 11 spot in the standings with 1 game remaining in regular season. 

He may be on his way to Abby as soon as next week. IMO

Dammit wrong tread. LOL

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

What's this "played well while called up" or "he will be a beast next season".  Both these statements are true... But too conservative... And he's still up with the big team. (just papered so he can play for Abby during playoffs).  

Exhibit A: Högs... Very effective, hungry young, skilled, gritty player that's now an important player on this team and just getting better.

Podz is a version of Högs with more size, straight line speed, even more grit, and better defensively.  Yet to be determined if his skill level is or ever will be at the same level of Högs now or in the future.  

Podz looks like he belongs on the big club NOW, and will play in the playoffs for Van and for Abby as well.  

I still predict Podz will be an important contributor in the Canucks run THIS year.  A crucial piece to go deep in the playoffs... For both Van AND Abby. 

He can do it and he will... Book it!!!

That is it.....

Hoglander took some time to get settled at the big club, but has slowly gotten better and fully expect to be the same with Podz... Confidence is a fiddle thing, but the coaches has been good at helping out the prospects instead of throwing them to the wolves...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d like to see Podkolzin with Petey and Höglander. Move Suter to 4th line and play Joshua on that 3rd line when he gets back. 

Is Podz ready for those minutes? Maybe the odd shift? 

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ice time tonight:

Suter - 13:02

Höglander - 12:02

Podkolzin - 11:41

I’m pretty sure Podkolzin can handle another 30 seconds of ice time. 

It’s not the number of minutes but the role. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I say Pods is ready for the Petey Pods and Hogs line.  We know Hogs is.  Put the young guys together and let them sing.  This is the future.  I want to see them lead the team this playoffs.  That is the way we go deep.  

I also say the Pods call up is why no Phil.  Pods is ready so no room for Phil.  

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

It’s not the number of minutes but the role. 

Look at the amazing job Tocc has done developing hogs. Hogs ice time has been fairly low but look at the production. This group knows how to bring these kids along.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

I say Pods is ready for the Petey Pods and Hogs line.  We know Hogs is.  Put the young guys together and let them sing.  This is the future.  I want to see them lead the team this playoffs.  That is the way we go deep.  

I also say the Pods call up is why no Phil.  Pods is ready so no room for Phil.  

Why not have both PDG and Pods in our bottom six? 

Just now, Alflives said:

It’s great how in such a short time this new management has created competition within the club for ice time. 

True.  And how we have a few power forward types now and not just skill guys.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Podz was making some great passes last night probably should have had a couple of assists most nights.

good to hear, really pulling for this kid, he looks a bit faster, a bit more engaged and he double clutched on a shot in the slot last night, but he had done well to get to the slot and get open, he did not look out of place

• ThereItIs 1