Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Rubik

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Apart from being Russian, there's little to compare in these two players.  Unlike Kravstov,

Podz is a hard-working player who desperately wants to make the NHL. Another big thing

that sets him apart from Kravstov, is that Podz is not self-entilted and will do the grunt work he is

asked to do. 

Yeah, if Podz does fail to make the bigs, it won't be for a lack of trying.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 7:53 PM, Hogs and Podz said:

I call bullshit... I knew I'd hear the excuses... or you could say 'he wasn't going to do that here anyways...' You don't know shit about that.  Look, he didn't show well enough or he'd still be on the team, period. Management made a decision... they know so much more  then I.... but the phat lady hasn't yet sung. go Podz go! 

He was never going to beat out DeBrusk, Joshua, Heinen and Höglander for the 4 left wing spots.  Lekkerimäki is already ahead of him in development, so he wouldn’t have cut it as a right winger either.  Aman is a centre so would beat him out as the 13th forward all day long.

I wanted Podkolzin to make it too.  I thought he could be a top 6 player.  But I don’t think that’s going to happen anymore.  Some guys just don’t have a high enough hockey IQ to crack the top 6.  His only chance is to be a bottom 6 player at some point.  Maybe he gets that chance in Edmonton as their bottom 6 is brutal.  Ours is probably one of the best in the NHL.  We literally have the best 3rd line in hockey…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He was never going to beat out DeBrusk, Joshua, Heinen and Höglander for the 4 left wing spots.  Lekkerimäki is already ahead of him in development, so he wouldn’t have cut it as a right winger either.  Aman is a centre so would beat him out as the 13th forward all day long.

I wanted Podkolzin to make it too.  I thought he could be a top 6 player.  But I don’t think that’s going to happen anymore.  Some guys just don’t have a high enough hockey IQ to crack the top 6.  His only chance is to be a bottom 6 player at some point.  Maybe he gets that chance in Edmonton as their bottom 6 is brutal.  Ours is probably one of the best in the NHL.  We literally have the best 3rd line in hockey…

Could you imagine if they put him beside McDavid though and all of a sudden turns into a 40 goal guy? Would suck.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, nzan said:

Could you imagine if they put him beside McDavid though and all of a sudden turns into a 40 goal guy? Would suck.

But then he could turn into an overpriced fire hydrant! Has happened next to the Gretz, Mario, McD types(lucky back in the day, they had no ceiling/ AAV to fret over)