Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Rubik

Just now, Alflives said:

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering about how his recovery was going. He is such a high character person. Nice to see he’s doing better. 

He's literally carrying his kid.  If he was in bad shape, he would be at home and in bed.  He is walking around normally and carrying his child.  So, I think he will be back soon.  He may even be out of concussion protocol...

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's literally carrying his kid.  If he was in bad shape, he would be at home and in bed.  He is walking around normally and carrying his child.  So, I think he will be back soon.  He may even be out of concussion protocol...

Absolutely lots of times even simply the brightness outside is too much. This is a great sign. Hope he can get back soon and not suffer any long term trauma from this. He needs to play his game and not be scared. He was on a tear in the A

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Lewlowned said:

Vasily is back skating and participating in drills!

Nice to see after that scary incident a few weeks ago.

Thank you very much.

That clip was yesterday morning and the (AHL) Canucks play tonight at home.

Any idea if Vasily Podkolzin will play?

He's a rink rat; he's probably already there practicing something or other.

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

Thank you very much.

That clip was yesterday morning and the (AHL) Canucks play tonight at home.

Any idea if Vasily Podkolzin will play?

He's a rink rat; he's probably already there practicing something or other.

I would doubt it, in the clip he appears to be wearing a red non contact jersey. Im sure they are not looking to rush him back especially if he had any concussion symptoms. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's playing tonight...

That’s great news! Love this kid. We have several young players whoneill

pushing for NHL roster spots over the next few seasons. Those guys might not be core pieces but they will be very important low cap allocation players who allow for our top guys to get their contracts. It’s a balance that JR and Allvin understand. Podz, Aman, Bains, Karlsson, Willander, Hirose, and more. Some of these guys will have their name on the Cup as key supporting players to our Cup win! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s great news! Love this kid. We have several young players whoneill

pushing for NHL roster spots over the next few seasons. Those guys might not be core pieces but they will be very important low cap allocation players who allow for our top guys to get their contracts. It’s a balance that JR and Allvin understand. Podz, Aman, Bains, Karlsson, Willander, Hirose, and more. Some of these guys will have their name on the Cup as key supporting players to our Cup win! 

Podkolzin     Raty     Lekkerimaki

Pettersson     Willander

This is our future.  We need to get these 5 guys into the lineup in the next 2 years.  These 5 guys along with our core 5 will take us to the promised land...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Podkolzin     Raty     Lekkerimaki

Pettersson     Willander

This is our future.  We need to get these 5 guys into the lineup in the next 2 years.  These 5 guys along with our core 5 will take us to the promised land...

Yup. Our future (and present) looks really good. Great core and excellent young supporting cast coming up. And maybe one or two of those young guys just might be elite core? Then we can trade the older elite core guy for assets (like what the Lightning did with Miller) to help us win the Cup now. 
I haven’t been this positive about our club since the great Gillis era. 

• Cheers 3

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So Podz or Bains as a call up? Which would you choose?

Or can we send Garland and Beau down and bring up both. 😉

You wanna send our best 5 on 5 forward down (Garland)? 

Interesting strategy...  

I think that Bains should get a taste of the big leagues next. 

I'm also hoping to see Karlsson - Sasson - Raty as a line in the big leagues next year. They've been playing really well together. 

• Like 1