Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Rubik

Just now, Bob Long said:

I'm so sick of Calgary taking shots at us, the preseason and AHL stuff is utter bullshit.

Yeah. And wasn't it Colorado recently? 

It's friggin' BS. That's why I keep saying, Podkolzin, and pretty much every player, should take boxing lessons. 

Not that it will prevent scum from being scum. But, it builds self-confidence, knowing you have the ability to defend yourself. 

Once we get a confident Podz, he's going to be a wrecking ball. 

Just now, Barn Burner said:

Yeah. And wasn't it Colorado recently? 

It's friggin' BS. That's why I keep saying, Podkolzin, and pretty much every player, should take boxing lessons. 

Not that it will prevent scum from being scum. But, it builds self-confidence, knowing you have the ability to defend yourself. 

Once we get a confident Podz, he's going to be a wrecking ball. 

We need an overpaid goon in Abby to keep these pricks honest.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Podkolzin is something we are missing. 

I hope he's going to be alright and regain the intensity he had prior to that BS injury. 

Actually, it sounds like he was playing with fire last game, so that's great to hear. 

He should get a call up, soon. 

He absolutely deserves a call up

I was worried he would be timid after coming back. But it’s been the complete opposite.

I know management wants him to marinate down there. But at the rate he is going he will force their hands eventually. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

We need an overpaid goon in Abby to keep these pricks honest.

They got Germain Loewen to replace big Vinny…but they rarely play him

admittedly he’s not a great hockey player lol. But he’s a big boy with decent fisticuff abilities 

Kannok Leipert has gotten into more games than him. But admittedly AKL hasn’t looked great this year. They’re playing him on defence…I think they need to switch him to 4th line wing. He’s a better fit there. And you can shelter his minutes easier 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Be a nice treat if Vasily Podkolzin was called up for The Nikita Zadorov Calgary Beat Down:

December 2nd, 2023  Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere.

RUSSIANS ATTACK CANADA IN COW-PLOP TOWN!

No fatalities reported as yet, but several are wounded and even more missing in action.

The Russians were quick to dispose of insurgent elements of the Kadristani Throat Slashers however there remained little evidence of the Fabled Brainless Mouths of Tkapukistan.

POW interrogations are revealing some movement south to the swamps of Florida which the Russians are expected to reach in about 2 weeks unless the Americans reach Canada by then.

Cowboy boots are trembling across the oil-soaked plains of Western Canada as they sink into the oily loon shit in their pointy-toed, high-heeled fashion.

DETAILS AT ELEVEN.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Goal_thecup said:

Be a nice treat if Vasily Podkolzin was called up for The Nikita Zadorov Calgary Beat Down:

December 2nd, 2023  Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere.

RUSSIANS ATTACK CANADA IN COW-PLOP TOWN!

No fatalities reported as yet, but several are wounded and even more missing in action.

The Russians were quick to dispose of insurgent elements of the Kadristani Throat Slashers however there remained little evidence of the Fabled Brainless Mouths of Tkapukistan.

POW interrogations are revealing some movement south to the swamps of Florida which the Russians are expected to reach in about 2 weeks unless the Americans reach Canada by then.

Cowboy boots are trembling across the oil-soaked plains of Western Canada as they sink into the oily loon shit in their pointy-toed, high-heeled fashion.

DETAILS AT ELEVEN.

I love your imagination…never change! Lol

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

7 shots on goal and a total power move to the net ala Todd Bertuzzi to score. 

Podkolzin is officially back and will be back on the big club real soon. 

Crouse - Pettersson - Podkolzin.

Podkolzin should be called up soon.

• Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I am seeing a different Podkolzin this year. Big, strong, fast and with a heavy shot. The coaches in Abby have helped him gain confidence and he doesn't seem to be running around anymore. I don't think he's ready for NHL duty just yet; he needs the rest of this season to really establish himself as a dominant presence. Next season, though, he should be ready for bottom six minutes in Vancouver. In an ideal world, I'd love to see him develop enough to become Petey's right winger and protector.

Yeah, his play has come a long way. He is much more aware on the ice, and impactful because of it. He just needs some more reps and games to keep building on his already good progress. Rutherford said he's in no hurry to call him up this season, but is happy with how he's developing. Should be a solid player going forward

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, MattJVD said:

Yeah, his play has come a long way. He is much more aware on the ice, and impactful because of it. He just needs some more reps and games to keep building on his already good progress. Rutherford said he's in no hurry to call him up this season, but is happy with how he's developing. Should be a solid player going forward

Seems like Podkolzin is middle six at the very least in the NHL, if he could continue to improve his game, he could eventually get to becoming a top six role. 

• Cheers 1

If the Canucks run into some injury trouble, I'd love love to see Podkolzin get called up and put on a line with Lafferty. He can see firsthand the hard work and fore checking ability of Lafferty to get motivated by.

I think the ideal linemate for Petey is basically a more skilled version of Lafferty and I think Podkolzin can be that. Lafferty does a great job of making space for Pettersson and doing puck retrieval but doesn't have the skill to finish plays very well or keep a cycle going once there's zone pressure. Podkolzin isn't quite as fast a Lafferty but still has decent speed and is capable of playing with a similar tenacity.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Diamonds said:

If the Canucks run into some injury trouble, I'd love love to see Podkolzin get called up and put on a line with Lafferty. He can see firsthand the hard work and fore checking ability of Lafferty to get motivated by.

I think the ideal linemate for Petey is basically a more skilled version of Lafferty and I think Podkolzin can be that. Lafferty does a great job of making space for Pettersson and doing puck retrieval but doesn't have the skill to finish plays very well or keep a cycle going once there's zone pressure. Podkolzin isn't quite as fast a Lafferty but still has decent speed and is capable of playing with a similar tenacity.

I think he was close before his injury. I think he probably needs another couple of months to get fully back and gain the confidence that he needs. I really see him as a large piece of Canucks future, but he really needs to be playing at least middle 6 to be truly effective. It often takes power forwards longer to develop and mature, he has the strength for the NHL, he just really needs the habits for the NHL, and I do think that is close.

As soon as it really sinks in that its not all about his personal stats and its about whatever it takes to get a W in the Win column, I think everything will fall into place for this kid.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/17/2023 at 12:48 PM, Diamonds said:

konecny.gif