[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ New York Islanders// 4:30pm PT 7:30pm ET// UBS Arena|Sweep the Big Apple Edition|

1 minute ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Just got back from my shop.

Bad news: clutch / flywheel needs replacement 

Good news: Canucks up 2-0 on a B2B? Hell ya. Tuned in just in time to see Hronek/Hughes score

Is it a sports car? Chance to put in a lightweight flywheel. Best mod I ever did to my Miata. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I wonder if that would ever apply with Hughes and Hronek.

I like that we have the depth to now give our guys a game off here and there. Maybe I guess once we lock down a playoff spot.

I hope so, but it would have to be road games. 

Some poor kid might be only able to afford one game in a year and it wouldn't be fair to sit Quinn. 

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Just curious, don't want to scroll back and missed the start of the game. Is Cole sitting because of injury or are they rotating him and Juulsen to make sure that we're keeping Juulsen fresh and ready to play?

I'm hoping that we're planning on rotating Cole / Juulsen, I like the progress that we were making with this kid.

Maintenance day.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

We're deep on D

7 capable NHL Dmen

So gives us the luxury of giving guys maintenance days off 

Cole is 33 yrs old. He's getting a night off on back to back games..

Load management. 

Yup, love the idea! Was what I was hoping would happen.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I hope so, but it would have to be road games. 

Some poor kid might be only able to afford one game in a year and it wouldn't be fair to sit Quinn. 

At some level they consider those things. When the Ducks came to Vancouver for Selane's last game against us before his retirement, he was sick and the announcer read a statement apologizing for having the flu and passing along Teemu's sorrow at not being able to play. Class Act, but someone in the organization clearly thinks about these things. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I wonder if that would ever apply with Hughes and Hronek.

I like that we have the depth to now give our guys a game off here and there. Maybe I guess once we lock down a playoff spot.

Probably in the last 10 or 15games of the season they might get a couple of games off.

Depends on a lot of scenarios.. Standings, Playoff positions, Injuries to other Demen etc...