[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ New York Islanders// 4:30pm PT 7:30pm ET// UBS Arena|Sweep the Big Apple Edition|

Bo is gonna be angry from the last meeting.  I expect a real push from him and the NYI today. 

Glad Tocchet spread the minutes around our D so evenly yesterday.  Should help a lot today.  I suspect this game will be a much tighter defensive game, so hope those decisions from yesterday pay off for today.  Win the game yesterday from offence, win today's game with defence.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

So 8 skaters and 4 goalies need to be determined... so 2 skaters and 1 goalie per division?

We could realistically see 3 Canucks in the NHL All Star weekend then... Hughes, Petey, and Demko.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

So 8 skaters and 4 goalies need to be determined... so 2 skaters and 1 goalie per division?

We could realistically see 3 Canucks in the NHL All Star weekend then... Hughes, Petey, and Demko.

Nobody on the level of the legendary Rory Fitzpatrick.🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

All star weekend is a joke, TOR's hosting, so I'm assuming a heavy load of cringe worthy discussion from the baboons on the panel. 

The All Star game should have the best 20+ players from each conference. The best players. Not Boone f'n Jenner.  

Canucks would have 5-6 players there. 

As the vote stands right now, Nucks will have 5 there!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

Quite fitting actually. 

Leonard Cohen did an amazing version of this song, too. 

Edit: Cohen actually wrote the song. It was originally recorded by Jennifer Warnes. 

And Stevie Ray Vaughan played lead guitar on that track. 

After listening to all three, I like Warnes version best.

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

We be streak'n thru the East.

Lets wrap these weiners up in a tornado of top scorers and fold 'em up with big angry Nux.

I have no idea what I'm talking about.

But.. GO CANUCKS GO

Calling on Nils Th' Thrills Höglander to Light the Lamp!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952e3ry6ml1kcokip87kqd

While these guys are busy lighting the fire.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952e3ry6ml1kcokip87kqd

Lets go camping and streaking, hurry up!

cffbac4a-9d09-4cc0-bb4e-005f527e31fa_tex

SURPRISE!  The Vancouver Canucks are

STREAKING TOWARDS THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Islanders have the 31st ranked penalty kill. I think our powerplay today is going to make them pay. 
Hoping one of Soucy/Zadorav/Joshua hits Horvat and puts him on his @ss!!!

Score will be 4-1 Canucks 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Honestly, I think JT Miller deserves it most.  But I fear most people will also put Petey and Demko ahead of him. Hughes is already in.

One could argue that Miller is the most impactful and important player on the team in many ways. But even if its a wash for the remaining three, I'd like to see Miller there the most.  Just for the reasons that A.  He's earned the honour. Not just from his play this year but since he's got here.  B. The other players have more chance to get to the All Star Game in future years because of age.  Miller has never been there, and may not get another chance.

Which is why I purposely did NOT vote for Petey, only Miller.  😮  Don't get me wrong, if Petey is in, I'll be cheering for him. But I think Petey will naturally get more votes anyways, and JT needs all the votes he can get. Because I don't think the NHL will award us more than two. I wish others would do the same to try to get JT and family to his first All Star game.

That's a lot of thinking Gore.

I voted for them all, let Gawd sort 'em out.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Islanders have the 31st ranked penalty kill. I think our powerplay today is going to make them pay. 
Hoping one of Soucy/Zadorav/Joshua hits Horvat and puts him on his @ss!!!

Score will be 4-1 Canucks 

Powerplay? What's that?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Leonard Cohen did an amazing version of this song, too. 

Edit: Cohen actually wrote the song. It was originally recorded by Jennifer Warnes. 

And Stevie Ray Vaughan played lead guitar on that track. 

After listening to all three, I like Warnes version best.

Song seems to say … we’ve had enough of the bullshit and we’re coming for you one step at a time.

You’ve been warned so look out. 

I posted Joe Cocker’s rendition due to its shorter duration and it cuts straight to the lyrics. Not to mention he was one of the greats. 

• Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Wouldn’t that be 5?

Miller and Boeser are both top 8 on that list.

5 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Song seems to say … we’ve had enough of the bullshit and we’re coming for you one step at a time.

You’ve been warned so look out. 

I posted Joe Cocker’s rendition due to its shorter duration and it cuts straight to the lyrics. Not to mention he was one of the greats. 

Joe Cocker's definitely a legend. 

Cohen said they lyrics are about terrorism. 

Not getting too low , trying not to get my hopes too high.

If we come out as strong as last night,we gain 2 more. This 2nd of back to back is a dangerous one. History dictates the 2nd as the harder to win. 

Here's hoping we defy history. 

Keep everything the same, more net front presence. Own our blue line.

• Cheers 1