[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ New York Islanders// 4:30pm PT 7:30pm ET// UBS Arena|Sweep the Big Apple Edition|

Haven’t been able to watch many games lately but, wow.  Loving Brock’s defensive improvements and Garland, what a fire plug( I mean that in a good way).  Goals coming from the D and a nice quiet game from Juulson 

48 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nice, I had a 1st gen Miata for a few years looking at getting a 944S, Boxster, or 3rd Gen Miata in or around this summer/fall. 

I was looking at used Porsches as well. Went with Miata for lower running costs and also, I don’t think anything is more fun than a Miata at normal driving speeds. The later cars are also decently quick so even straight line acceleration is fun. Best car I ever bought, especially with the light flywheel, intake, and exhaust so it loves to rev and sounds pretty cool doing it 😎

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

why did the Isles even pull the goalie? they know damn well they cant score goals to save their lives 😂 could've just accepted a good 4-2 defeat. 

I felt embarrassed for them when i seen the goalie b lining it to the bench. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I was looking at used Porsches as well. Went with Miata for lower running costs and also, I don’t think anything is more fun than a Miata at normal driving speeds. The later cars are also decently quick so even straight line acceleration is fun. Best car I ever bought, especially with the light flywheel, intake, and exhaust so it loves to rev and sounds pretty cool doing it 😎

I looked at Miata’s, Boxers, Honda S2000 and Pontiac whatever it was.  Ended up test driving a Z4 and for me it was the most enjoyable and comfortable driving.   I ended up with a 2 year old (2006) loaded Z4 brought up from the US when our dollar was at par.  It was a lease return with 6000 miles (their economy was crashing at the time). Still have it and just passed 65000 kilometres on it.  I would never get a new one though, no more manual transmission 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Greetings from one of those hospital patients that Jim Robson used to do shoutouts to. 

haven’t seen the past couple of games but seems like the team is playing great based on score and outcome. 

any areas of concern?

Yes, your health. Hope you're ok, get well soon.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Miata's are bulletproof... very reliable if you keep up the basic maintenance.

Not much power, but tons of fun to drive on twisty backroads.

Used Porsches are expensive... costly to maintain.

I know cause I have a 1985 Porsche 928S 5 Speed... which I have updated to add another 100 hp.

Getting work done correctly is always an issue... the places you can trust charge an arm and a leg.

Unless you are excellent mechanic and have your own large garage space, plan on spending, spending, spending.

Goes for the Boxter's, 911's too.

Probably the best used sports car to buy now is a low mileage Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S/Toyota GT86.

Also very reliable, handles extremely well, more room inside than Miata, (four seats) also not much power.

Don't like BMW's... their quality level started to slip around 2005... and when they start to go, costs are huge.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Cheers 1

The Canucks went through a stretch of 10 games from Nov 16 to Dec 5th where they went 4-6. Since the New Jersey Devils game on the 5th the Canucks have gone on a tear in their last 15 games going 11-2-2. 

In the last 14 games Petey has scored 19 points (10 goals).  7 goals in his last 5 games.   He's heating up.