[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ New York Islanders// 4:30pm PT 7:30pm ET// UBS Arena|Sweep the Big Apple Edition|

19 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I wonder if that would ever apply with Hughes and Hronek.

I like that we have the depth to now give our guys a game off here and there. Maybe I guess once we lock down a playoff spot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I wonder if that would ever apply with Hughes and Hronek.

I like that we have the depth to now give our guys a game off here and there. Maybe I guess once we lock down a playoff spot.

I think that's likely, in the last couple games of the season. Not going to happen with 40 games left though

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

Dude is in Sweden according to his 'location' setting.

Delta Dude meets Swedish Sweeties...

sweden-flag-in-concert-l0t8gfbyasxpxy29.

Just add meatballs and Ikea and we've got a Top 3 best things with Sweden 😄

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Thompson is one of my favorite authors. Huge influence on me. Love that book. I'm  looking at it right now on my shelf.

So, to your point about them being selected to the ASG, I get what you're saying. 

"Anything worth doing, is worth doing right."

-- Hunter S. Thompson 

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail was an awesomely funny read that gets little attention compared to F&L LV.

His 'writing' at that time was unparalleled and created a new name at least for the style, "Gonzo Journalism" (I know you know..)

I think I have at least one copy of every thing he's written and several copies of LV and Campaign Trail.

My roommate bought a copy of LV while traveling and bought a dozen copies before arriving back on the North Shore, circa 1980.

He was handing them out like Hallowe'en candy to everybody, lol.

Both LV movies were delicious romps and your own potions and prescriptions, smokes, and edibles, work perfectly for both movies.

My hero.  Champion Fun Hog.

75LY.gif 

image.png.7281f2629a3cc684f1c40551235e3c22.png

image.thumb.png.f28f5ca3e904976ef81fa1a4a5e8c7ac.png

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Unless it's Petey's favorite song .....

9 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

My buddies and I started a roller hockey team a year and a half ago and we use this jersey and I love it.

We had to get written consent from the Islanders approving the design before the jersey manufacturer would make them lol

We changed the name though, so it reads Seamen along the bottom (very mature, I know) and it’s slightly different colours but I really like it

Unless there are pictures involved, it never happened ... like the Islander consent, teams certainly will go out of their way to protect their IP.

5 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

6 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Smörgåstårta och smörgåsbord and make it a top 5 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Caption this:

IMG_0476.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

"If I were Boes, I'd have passed it back to you for the empty netter"

"Aw, shucks.  That's so thoughtful - Petey would have tipped it anyway, he just can't help it"

Edited by Googlie
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

I love it. We changed the name though, so it reads Seamen along the bottom (very mature, I know) and it’s slightly different colours but I really like it

That is a Butt-Ugalee jersey and you misspelled semen.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail was an awesomely funny read that gets little attention compared to F&L LV.

His 'writing' at that time was unparalleled and created a new name at least for the style, "Gonzo Journalism" (I know you know..)

I think I have at least one copy of every thing he's written and several copies of LV and Campaign Trail.

My roommate bought a copy of LV while traveling and bought a dozen copies before arriving back on the North Shore, circa 1980.

He was handing them out like Hallowe'en candy to everybody, lol.

Both LV movies were delicious romps and your own potions and prescriptions, smokes, and edibles, work perfectly for both movies.

My hero.  Champion Fun Hog.

75LY.gif 

image.png.7281f2629a3cc684f1c40551235e3c22.png

image.thumb.png.f28f5ca3e904976ef81fa1a4a5e8c7ac.png

Nice! Very cool. Campaign Trail is great! Thanks for sharing that. I've been meaning to get back into a certain writing headspace and revisit his work. I started out writing on a typewriter, reading a lot of Thompson. His work helped me find my own voice and fearlessness on the page. 

Tonight is Fear and Loathing on Long Island and will be better than sex when we beat those filthy swines.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Nice to finally have some good defensive depth for the playoffs or if the injury bug hits:

Friedman

Juulsen

Wolanin

Irwin

I suspect we may see another defenceman added at the deadline.