[Rumor] Ducks interested in moving Trevor Zegras?

I also hope we stay faaaar away. Anaheim is making him available for a reason. Find out that reason. My guess is his attitude, arrogance and selfishness. Would not surprise me to learn he is a hard player to coach as he probably thinks he knows better than the coach.

• Cheers 1

Yeah I'm not sure what to think. Does Anaheim think they won't be all that competitive until Zegras needs a new deal? Do they think Gauthier makes him expendable? Or is he just not the kind of guy they think can help them build a winner?

12 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

I have zero interest in Zegras.

Small, selfish, showboater who can’t play defence, and has a shitty attitude.

Some of the rumours of what he said to Stecher to set him off that one game were horrible, but believable.

I hope we stay far away from him

Agreed. Don't need, or want shit like that on this team. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Is Zegras even capable of returning a first round pick right now ?

He probably will.  Putting the hate-on for his attitude and cockiness aside, he's a 22yo, recent 9th OA pick that has scored 23 goals and 60+ points in each of his past 2 seasons.  He's on a very manageable $5.75M cap hit for 3 years. 

Some team will pay up 2 or 3 solid pieces to acquire this loser.  Starting price is probably a very solid prospect and a 1st round pick.

17 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

I have zero interest in Zegras.

Small, selfish, showboater who can’t play defence, and has a shitty attitude.

Some of the rumours of what he said to Stecher to set him off that one game were horrible, but believable.

I hope we stay far away from him

Actually, you're wrong about that.  Ducks fans are saying he's been backchecking hard this year.  But now he can't play offence.  So it's even worse.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It'd be funny if we did it, if only to watch people fuss and flip their opinions 

Yeah, that's real clever, huh?

Not even funny. 

I know one thing's for sure, I don't want him on this team, and I highly doubt management are stupid enough to make that deal. 

Let some other sucker team have at it.  

31 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

This is clickbait, Anaheim is not interested in moving him. He wouldn’t even be listed if it was Mintyukov they moved and not his friend Drysdale. Nothing story here.

You don't think Anaheim wants to move him?  He's been a disappoint this season.  And when the Ducks drafted Carlsson, that meant they'd have 3 top six centers (third one being MacTavish).  Byfield had the same issue in LA and now he's doing great on the wing.  They tried something similar in Anaheim but it's clearly not working out. 

EDIT: Cutter Gauthier has also been playing center at Boston College.  I also believe he played center for USA with Moore/McGroarty on the wings.

Edited by Miss Korea

Just now, Barn Burner said:

Yeah, that's real clever, huh?

Not even funny. 

I know one thing's for sure, I don't want him on this team, and I highly doubt management are stupid enough to make that deal. 

Let some other sucker team have at it.  

If it makes you feel better this is likely a nothing rumour, they'd be selling low

giphy-1.gif.6d90d7f5d768f2ea6001f08a2c298afb.gif

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If it makes you feel better this is likely a nothing rumour, they'd be selling low

giphy-1.gif.6d90d7f5d768f2ea6001f08a2c298afb.gif

Yeah, keep slammin' down the popcorn. 

Some other sucker can have the bum. 

• Cheers 1

Always rated Zegras, I think under structure and guidance of Tocchet he could be the 2C we need to allow the lotto line to exist. If he can be had for less than market value I think we go for it, otherwise I'd rather spend assets on a shutdown defenseman that fits this core's timeline.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, RichterBelmont said:

I also hope we stay faaaar away. Anaheim is making him available for a reason. Find out that reason. My guess is his attitude, arrogance and selfishness. Would not surprise me to learn he is a hard player to coach as he probably thinks he knows better than the coach.

That or….

4 goals 3 assists lololol

A couple weeks ago he had as many goals as Jarry and by goals I mean singular.