[Rumor] Ducks interested in moving Trevor Zegras?

He's an interesting case for sure. I would not be opposed to going after the player, but I have no idea what his value would be at this stage.

Like, I'm not even sure I would move Hoglander for him...

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I find it funny how much people hate this kid I think he's entertaining as hell fun player to watch. Doubt the Ducks are actively shopping him especially at a low return with the Injury troubles to start the year. 

I mean, he's not entertaining if he's playing hurt or on IR.  He's trying to adjust his game and looks like a lost soul out there.

On top of that, Anaheim looks stacked with center depth.  Gauthier seems hellbent on playing in the middle, so now you have Zegras potentially fourth on the depth chart.  How would you make it work without trading someone?  Push him to wing?

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I mean, he's not entertaining if he's playing hurt or on IR.  He's trying to adjust his game and looks like a lost soul out there.

On top of that, Anaheim looks stacked with center depth.  Gauthier seems hellbent on playing in the middle, so now you have Zegras potentially fourth on the depth chart.  How would you make it work without trading someone?  Push him to wing?

Absolutely wing until you decide who to move. Don't think they're actively shopping him this year at least far too soon to make that decision especially on a slow start year for him too. 

27 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Absolutely wing until you decide who to move. Don't think they're actively shopping him this year at least far too soon to make that decision especially on a slow start year for him too. 

Sure put him on the wing when Carlsson comes back.  But Verbeek has now made two moves to suggest Zegras' spot is not safe on that team.  Maybe he won't be traded immediately but those rumours will never go away now.

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Chychrun please...!  Perfect for the 2nd pair.

Chychrun is starting to put up some red flags for me. Obviously he's a very skilled player but it's a little odd that two teams have been ready to ship him out when he's still just 25.

He was young enough that he should have been the piece Arizona kept to build around and now Ottawa wants to get rid of him despite being their highest scoring defenseman this season. I have a feeling he might not be the best team/locker room guy.

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

Chychrun is starting to put up some red flags for me. Obviously he's a very skilled player but it's a little odd that two teams have been ready to ship him out when he's still just 25.

He was young enough that he should have been the piece Arizona kept to build around and now Ottawa wants to get rid of him despite being their highest scoring defenseman this season. I have a feeling he might not be the best team/locker room guy.

Foote and Gonchar say hold my beer and vodka. We can fix him.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

I'd want someone with the right kind of attitude (an edge/ hard to play against), not a diva.  If Kuzmenko doesn't work hard in Tocchet's eyes and gets benched, I doubt he even lets Zegras put on the team jersey.

7 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

You don't think Anaheim wants to move him?  He's been a disappoint this season.  And when the Ducks drafted Carlsson, that meant they'd have 3 top six centers (third one being MacTavish).  Byfield had the same issue in LA and now he's doing great on the wing.  They tried something similar in Anaheim but it's clearly not working out. 

EDIT: Cutter Gauthier has also been playing center at Boston College.  I also believe he played center for USA with Moore/McGroarty on the wings.

No. Trading someone just because they are having their 1st tough year while also going through injury is short sighted. Zegras is also versatile and can play wing if need be. Gauthier may end up on the wing himself. With his age, years of control, and obvious skill, it’s only hopes by the armchair GMs of the world that a player like him moves. The exception is unless he hands in a trade request himself.

Edit: and now it looks like he’s hurt long term anyway so there goes that.

Edited by Blue Jay 22

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I'd want someone with the right kind of attitude (an edge/ hard to play against), not a diva.  If Kuzmenko doesn't work hard in Tocchet's eyes and gets benched, I doubt he even lets Zegras put on the team jersey.

Yea, Zegras and Tocchet would be like fireworks on the 4th of July every day. 

5 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Ahh yes, cancer locker room guys. 

Get Away Woman GIF by Max

I'll give it to him he's got a ton of skill. And sometimes kids mature Ex McCann Grabner but more often than not these kids end up like Ho Sang, Sprong , Yakupov. All the talent squandered. I think it would be worth it for a team to take a risk on him. But I wouldn't give up much value. Maybe Klim and a 3rd. Someone will over pay though. 

might be a perfect trade for kuzmenko

He is a 22 year old idiot. But he could be a really good hockey player. Maybe JT Miller could rub off on him the right way. I think he burt the bridge on his Anahiem team and they feel the team deserves a fresh start without him on it. He is a strong personality in the room and its time for Leo Carlsson to take over.  Drysdale was probably part of that group and was expendable. 

Kassian was also an idot as a kid but became a NHL hockey player with valule as he matured. Some guys just take a little longer. 

I think It might be an opportunity to buy low and turn him into a solid top 6 C like JT Miller. 

Edited by Rypien-Punch
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rypien-Punch said:

might be a perfect trade for kuzmenko

He is a 22 year old idiot. But he could be a really good hockey player. Maybe JT Miller could rub off on him the right way. I think he burt the bridge on his Anahiem team and they feel the team deserves a fresh start without him on it. He is a strong personality in the room and its time for Leo Carlsson to take over.  Drysdale was probably part of that group and was expendable. 

Kassian was also an idot as a kid but became a NHL hockey player with valule as he matured. Some guys just take a little longer. 

I think It might be an opportunity to buy low and turn him into a solid top 6 C like JT Miller. 

If it cost us a 1st rounder and maybe a mid rounder the year after id be interested. I dont think picks are gonna do is any good, this teams window is open. Zegras between mikeyev and kuz would be quite a 2nd line