[Rumor] Ducks interested in moving Trevor Zegras?

Would absolutely LOVE to have Zegras in Vancouver.

All this talk about "bad attitude" "bad in dzone" "doesn't backcheck" etc. etc. certainly reminds me of someone else on the team people dragged thru the mud, originally didn't want, and especially didn't think was worth a 1st round pick:

JT MILLER

Zegras is playing with a shitty losing rebuilding team at the moment. Is he calling it in most nights? Sure, not that I blame him all that much.

Some seem to think of him as a "reclamation project" but I don't see it.  And even if he is, if anyone can whip him into shape, incentivize him to play to his capabilities, grow as a player, grow as a human, it's definitely this coaching staff and this team!

Not to mention Zegras is good friends with Quinn and his brothers. According to Quinn, Zegras spent a month at their house over the summer. No doubt he'd be pumped to get him here. And so would I.

Only question I have what it'd take to get him here.

Rutherford and Allvin make it happen! 😄

• Confused 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 hours ago, Rypien-Punch said:

might be a perfect trade for kuzmenko

He is a 22 year old idiot. But he could be a really good hockey player. Maybe JT Miller could rub off on him the right way. I think he burt the bridge on his Anahiem team and they feel the team deserves a fresh start without him on it. He is a strong personality in the room and its time for Leo Carlsson to take over.  Drysdale was probably part of that group and was expendable. 

Kassian was also an idot as a kid but became a NHL hockey player with valule as he matured. Some guys just take a little longer. 

I think It might be an opportunity to buy low and turn him into a solid top 6 C like JT Miller. 

Kuzy and ....

No doubt they'll want a blue chip prospect and maybe a pick. 

Imagine trading Podz. Swapping 9th overall for 10th overall. Lol.  We would've drafted Zegras at 10 if he was there. We all know that's who the org wanted. Quinn especially.

And I think you're spot on with JT. not to mention all the shit talking about Zegras is like deja vu how people talked about Miller! Look how that turned out. 🙂 And If anyone can whip Zegras into shape, it's this coaching staff! 

Edited by Randy Marsh
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zegras has 7 points. He’s terrible without the puck. He’s paid almost 6 per. At this point he’s a cap dump. Zero chance Allvin has any interest in such a pkayer. 

I agree. Big no to Zegras.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cocanuck said:

Talent like that is always worth due diligence..  

I suspect that he has asked for a trade.  After two +60 pt seasons, he's struggling this year.

He has McTavish and Carlsson ahead of him (and both younger), along with 3 very good

veteran C's. 

With the solid leadership and coaching group with the Canucks, they could certainly deal with

any 'attitude' issues.  I hope that Alvin is looking into what the Ducks want for him.  He could

be a very good fit on our team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I suspect that he has asked for a trade.  After two +60 pt seasons, he's struggling this year.

He has McTavish and Carlsson ahead of him (and both younger), along with 3 very good

veteran C's. 

With the solid leadership and coaching group with the Canucks, they could certainly deal with

any 'attitude' issues.  I hope that Alvin is looking into what the Ducks want for him.  He could

be a very good fit on our team.

Meh, This team can't afford to lose on the acquisition costs or anchor 6 million dollar contract. Would rather see a more sure bet, on a more physical player. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Pretty great we're able to talk so much this year about who to load up for the playoffs. Zegras under Captain Quinn is interesting. I bet he'd mature pretty quickly under this leadership group and coaching staff. There's no denying his skill. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Meh, This team can't afford to lose on the acquisition costs or anchor 6 million dollar contract. Would rather see a more sure bet, on a more physical player. 

Nucks need a top 6 C.  He's actually quite scrappy and had 2 more years on his $5.75 contract.

Canucks do not have a prospect that has Zegras skills.  And before peeps go on about his +/-,

the entire team has high - stats.  Just like most other rebuilding teams.

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Nucks need a top 6 C.  He's actually quite scrappy and had 2 more years on his $5.75 contract.

Canucks do not have a prospect that has Zegras skills.  And before peeps go on about his +/-,

Not a fan, of his game, or him. Just can't go there. 

• ThereItIs 1

I have no reason to believe there are any character issues with Zegras. I also believe that he was probably the victim of NHL marketing the second he displayed his high end skill with the puck. It’s not like Zegras, a young player, can force his organization and the NHL and EA sports to push his stock. He just caught on and had to ride with it. 

That said, his current production is nowhere near where it should be for his cap hit and he’s not showing that upward growth (currently). We can say it’s because he was passed by others in the line up, but that begs the question - he was passed by others. 

I also have full confidence that our coaching staff COULD help his 200 ft game and make him a better player.

But again, at that cap hit and with all the good we have going on, I would take a pass at this time. 

Edited by GrammaInTheTub

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

C828916E-9ADE-494C-8AFC-599AEE60D7A0.gif.7783fde8fccc8a5a4fa620f8259cbeb9.gif

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Would absolutely LOVE to have Zegras in Vancouver.

All this talk about "bad attitude" "bad in dzone" "doesn't backcheck" etc. etc. certainly reminds me of someone else on the team people dragged thru the mud, originally didn't want, and especially didn't think was worth a 1st round pick:

JT MILLER

Zegras is playing with a shitty losing rebuilding team at the moment. Is he calling it in most nights? Sure, not that I blame him all that much.

Some seem to think of him as a "reclamation project" but I don't see it.  And even if he is, if anyone can whip him into shape, incentivize him to play to his capabilities, grow as a player, grow as a human, it's definitely this coaching staff and this team!

Not to mention Zegras is good friends with Quinn and his brothers. According to Quinn, Zegras spent a month at their house over the summer. No doubt he'd be pumped to get him here. And so would I.

Only question I have what it'd take to get him here.

Rutherford and Allvin make it happen! 😄

The only way it happens is if they retain %50. and they take one of are UFA's back.Like Cole maybe.

I am of course mesmerized with Zegras. He's clearly a wizard with the puck and I've seen his sick Michigan goal recently. So I get all that. But look at how many points he has.

Yeah, no.

And if you're Anaheim, you're not gonna want to dump him for a bag of pucks BECAUSE you know there's a lot of talent underneath this player. How do you extract that out though?

Kind of reminds me of Kravtsov to be honest. And we know how that panned out. It was a pretty wash of a trade.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Zegras has 7 points. He’s terrible without the puck. He’s paid almost 6 per. At this point he’s a cap dump. Zero chance Allvin has any interest in such a pkayer. 

2020-21 -- 24GP - 3G - 10A -- 13P

2021-22 -- 75GP - 23G - 38A -- 61P

2022-23 -- 81GP - 23G - 42A -- 65P

2023-24 -- 20GP - 4G - 3A -- 7P

CAREER:  200GP -  53G - 93A -- 146P

Yeah. What kind of professional scouting staff and General Manager would ever be interested in that?!

Or this:

You're drunk, Alf.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

The only way it happens is if they retain %50. and they take one of are UFA's back.Like Cole maybe.

I definitely do not see Zegras as this "cap dump" that some seem to think he is. He's a skilled core calibre player.

Put him on Petey's wing and watch what happens.

Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

He also plays wing. And they seemingly need a winger for Petey? Kuzmenko doesn't currently appear to be the guy...?  

We know Tocchet and the boys would whip him into shape real quick, whatever the perceived deficiencies or attitude issues are.

I have no doubt playing for a winner like Vancouver (as well as playing with one of his best friends [Quinn Hughes]) would spark his will to give it all.

Floors me to even think this could be a potential. 

Zegras is as cocky and arrogant as it gets. 

If he lights it up here, you can be sure he'd either:

1.  Want to be paid as much as Petey

2.  Bolt as a UFA

If he doesn't light it up here, we'll just have a pouting and whiny kid being paid $5.75M AAV.

His contract only lasts for 2 years after this one.  It's not like he's locked in long term.

And does anybody really think this kid is gonna play to what Tocchet wants? lmao