PGT - Canucks at Islanders - 01/09/24

PhillipBlunt

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

Captain Quinn at the helm. It’s been a great ride with QH43 leading the charge as Captain. I wasn’t so sure when he was chosen, but now I am all in.

I thought it was a huge mistake, one of the only times I’ve been wrong and couldn’t be happier.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Hammertime said:

Luo only let in 3 goals through the first 5 games pitching 3 SO's It never goes to game 7 without Luo. 

LOL it was what I said after the hit Lou had sub par goaltending.He could have shinned and stole a game for us but not how it worked out.

6 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Would you give up the 2024 1st round pick for a 25 something yo 2nd line centre?  Alvin turned a 1st rounder into Hronek, if anyone can do it it's this brass.

There aint no CAPITAL ONE Cap credit card man.

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Bet Bo is thinking "man I really should have taken less money and stayed in Van"

Maybe, but there was no room for him at the time.  The OEL buyout wasn't expected.  The Canucks chose to extend Miller over Horvat.  Horvat himself was playing insanely well in a contract year.  We had no cap space for a reasonable extension (he absolutely deserved a raise), so he was let go.  Horvat didn't whine himself off the team or anything.  His hard work actually got us a massive return and we are better for it.  Both sides got what they wanted.

Ironically, we haven't really replaced Horvat.  That is why this forum has a new proposal for a 2nd line center every single day.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Maybe, but there was no room for him at the time.  The OEL buyout wasn't expected.  The Canucks chose to extend Miller over Horvat.  Horvat himself was playing insanely well in a contract year.  We had no cap space for a reasonable extension (he absolutely deserved a raise), so he was let go.  Horvat didn't whine himself off the team or anything.  His hard work actually got us a massive return and we are better for it.  Both sides got what they wanted.

Ironically, we haven't really replaced Horvat.  That is why this forum has a new proposal for a 2nd line center every single day.

We all understand this.Was just saying ng bet Bo wishes he never left now is all.

Just now, cripplereh said:

We all understand this.Was just saying ng bet Bo wishes he never left now is all.

On the one hand, we are still kinda looking to replacement for Horvat.

On the other hand, Horvat's symbolic replacement (aka our new captain) has elevated both his play and his team to new heights.  It's a dramatic turnaround that I'm not sure would've happened with Bo as their leader.

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Main problem was we had them on the ropes then Rome's late hit helped them rally back to beat us.That and Lou's sub par goaltending.

Those two things beat us.

You mean the team completely falling apart in front of lou

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

The second line centre proposals have only cropped up since we reunited the lotto line - the hell you on about 

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’ve noticed that the refs are more equally shit than they used to be. Like equally shit to every team. 

I was surprised in this game that the calls seemed to go our way. I really couldn't believe the late call there. That didn't look all that bad at all.

Well, the reffing didn't affect the outcome, and all it did was help show we still need work there.

Be nice if we could do that pass down low like the Isles' first goal. That's purty.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

The second line centre proposals have only cropped up since we reunited the lotto line - the hell you on about 

We literally didn't replace Horvat.  We put Miller as a full-time center instead.  And it worked pretty well for some time.  But the lotto line was re-activated because the chemistry on our top lines had dried up.  Before reuniting 649, there were proposals for a top six forward.

A 649 line inevitably meant deploying Suter/Blueger as our 2nd line center.  I'm sure it was something Tocchet was hesitant to do.  Thankfully, Suter and Blueger are underrated playdrivers as they're subbing in just fine.

• Cheers 1