PGT - Canucks at Islanders - 01/09/24

PhillipBlunt

56 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

lmfao didn't realize that Tocchet said "thank fuck"

My lip-reading labra-doodle insists what you're seeing is the tail end of an emphatic WTF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

they dared in 2011

and '94 and '82 but those and maybe eve '11 were long before Lemon was born me thinks

Edited by Steamer4GM
Added years

11 minutes ago, Canucks said:

I got a feeling Kuz is gonna get hot just before the deadline. DeSmith could be a starter on a couple teams. Wicked backup. Made some unreal saves. 

Don't even think it

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Nope that is not why. Our elite #1 Center is having trouble getting his line going so he is playing with our true #1 Center. 

Ironically, Miller, who everyone wanted gone, has actualy ended up being our true #1 Center over Petey and Bo, go figure.

Miller isn't playing center.  He is taking faceoffs but otherwise filling the winger role in open play.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Would you give up the 2024 1st round pick for a 25 something yo 2nd line centre?  Alvin turned a 1st rounder into Hronek, if anyone can do it it's this brass.  This new regime has a great eye for talent.  Pro scouting has been unreal

100%

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

Terrible reffing yet again. Fortunately for the Islanders even the penalties they did call the Canucks can't score worth shit on the PP. They really need to put Joshua out on the 1st unit PP to be a net front presence

Sure but why not even go bigger? I’ve always said use Myers. Now we also have big Z as another option. That’s how the Blackhawks did it with big Buff Ugly and won Cups that way. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Would you give up the 2024 1st round pick for a 25 something yo 2nd line centre?  Alvin turned a 1st rounder into Hronek, if anyone can do it it's this brass.  This new regime has a great eye for talent.  Pro scouting has been unreal

I would, especially if it's going to be the mid to late 20s. We have a decent prospect pool with Lekkerimaki, Willander, Raty, etc. Unlike the Gillis years where we were competitive but had nothing in the cupboards.

• Cheers 3