PGT - Canucks at Islanders - 01/09/24

PhillipBlunt

3 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

I think this is the year the Canucks need to make a serious move and be buyers at the trade deadline. Even if it’s just a rental. This team as it’s built right now deserves every opportunity to go far in the playoffs. I don’t care about losing draft picks this year and next. I don’t care about trading any prospects (other than a handful untouchables). If it makes the team better. Do it. Nothing is guaranteed past this season with all the UFA/RFA’s we have. Let’s turn this team into a contender. We are already a playoff team. 

At the same time they gotta be carful and not upset the chemistry snd find the fight fit…

A Tyler Toffoly type

the dude was a team player everyone loved him fit right in… totally improved the team 

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

NYI coach Lambert is a miserable looking prick. 

Spot on.... But after his team being bend over like that, by a team on the second night of a B2B... no much for him to smile about....

But yes, what a miserable looking donkey...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tyler Myers has 18 points and is a +16.  He also has 47 hits and 75 blocks and is averaging over 19 minutes a night.  

The hate on this guy is ridiculous.  He’s playing like a top 4 Dman…

The coaching staff has elevated his game big time - he’s like a completely different player… 

In fact he is - they implanted another player inside of his body 

True story 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

That goal differential is insane! But according to the pundits and that ass Drance its because we put a 10 spot on Sj

That’s what good teams do tho… they crush their opponents…

Drance’s iq < fence post 

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

Hate the loser point. We only have 3 of those. Come playoff time, these other teams who got all these loser points are going to be in for a nice surprise!

No shoot-outs.   And you're pretty much done if the Canucks have the lead going into the third anyways.    Also have a nice surprise if they manage to win a game, the Canucks have only lose twice in a row once their first half (that I re-call anyways).    

If the season ended right now.    I'd put money on us.     Twice we've seen half a season, once after our cup run (and actually feel that screwed us on the follow up in 95), and the other time, CHI ran the table from start to finish and THN declared that team, their best one, and ranked them 15th best all-time.    Only post cap team to make their top 20.   

Canucks ran the table in 1982, going in red hot.     That's what i'm hoping for this club, that they can save some for the playoffs.   17-3 the last 20 games, including beating the Habs in their own building.  King Richard.   Demko has his switch.    Tochett has played a card that he might need to re-shuffle later.    Personally haven't changed my tune since our best start in club history.   Would love if Allvin can pull a Pat Quin, and bring in our Hedican, Browm and Lafayette.     Kuzmenko can't do that, so will settle for a tough, solid, middle six C that's under contract next season.    That's probably the only thing we are missing.   Also love that with Soucy back, the coaching staff can rest our D-core starting after game 65 or so. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tyler Myers has 18 points and is a +16.  He also has 47 hits and 75 blocks and is averaging over 19 minutes a night.  

He has been.
He has shown that with great coaching, and a solid partner he can be decent in a contract year. 

That is one more good half year than we got out of PlayerName so, success?!

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

The coaching staff has elevated his game big time - he’s like a completely different player… 

In fact he is - they implanted another player inside of his body 

True story 

Two players, given his height. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So much so that he might price himself out of here for next year... who would have thought...

Also, re Myers....one of my biggest beefs has been how he actually screens our goalie rather than clearing out the front of the net. Also those diving along the ice plays where, when he misses, it puts him completely out of the play. He hasn't done that lately so it's seems they've cleaned that up. Sure, on occasion that's a desperation play that may work. But not as a "go to".

I wish he'd play more physical....Joshua, JT, Lafferty and Juulsen all have more hits in less games played than him. That's one of my beefs, is that he doesn't use his size as an advantage as much as he could.

• Cheers 4

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Never. This was the first time it happened. 

If we were the Leafs, it'd be all over the media.  I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the NY area sweep has only happened a few times in NHL history.

• Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's not really hate, though.

You have to admit, some of his gaffes have been very costly and boneheaded.

I like him and want him to succeed....but the criticism, at times, has been warranted. I mean, diving on Petey? WTH was that? Could've caused an injury and really messed us up. When he's good, fine. But when he's not, it's glaring. The coaches seem to be on top of it though, and I hope we don't have to revisit the giraffe gaffes. He's an asset when he's on. But to pretend he's always been at his best is not really painting an accurate picture. It's easy to look at stats but they only tell part of the story...when the team's on, everyone looks good.

I think it's altitude sickness, and they are giving him oxygen on the bench between shifts.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Main problem was we had them on the ropes then Rome's late hit helped them rally back to beat us.That and Lou's sub par goaltending.

Those two things beat us.

Ya? Not only scoring 8 goals in 7 games? It was goaltending? K.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I think the refs have taught him it's an instant two minutes when he does use his size.

I did think about that....but I don't want that to deter him. Lay more hits...they can't call every one a penalty.

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1