PGT - Canucks at Islanders - 01/09/24

PhillipBlunt

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So much so that he might price himself out of here for next year... who would have thought...

And that's ok. This is peak Myers, we will never see him better than now. 

The way Juulson has been playing I think we can afford to get some assets back for TM  and/or make cap room for a big top 6 upgrade.

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If we were the Leafs, it'd be all over the media.  I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the NY area sweep has only happened a few times in NHL history.

Yep, what a crock of shit the NHL is....

I love how they use "slumping" to make it seem more that the Islanders gave us the win than we earned it. And 3 in a row...but sure, play that part down too. On the road, against NY teams. But wait....Nylander news!! Times two!!

417776594_10160715591790549_764055801138

• Cheers 4

48 minutes ago, Redhdlois said:

Two players, given his height. 

I heard Hogz sat on Garland shoulders, wore a trench coat, and went as Myers for Halloween.

😄

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I couldn't believe that they've never swept the New York games in their entire existence. That's a really long time. 

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

I think on the broadcast they said its only been done twice before by the penguins and I cant remember which other team.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I love how they use "slumping" to make it seem more that the Islanders gave us the win than we earned it. And 3 in a row...but sure, play that part down too. On the road, against NY teams. But wait....Nylander news!! Times two!!

Well they did beat the powerhouse San Jose Sharks...

And "slumping" Islanders with a 4-4-2 record in the last 10 prior to meeting the Canucks... 500 hockey is a slump for the Islanders now?

Edited by HKSR

17 minutes ago, Mikeyman109 said:

I think on the broadcast they said its only been done twice before by the penguins and I cant remember which other team.

Ottawa?...I think

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And that's ok. This is peak Myers, we will never see him better than now. 

The way Juulson has been playing I think we can afford to get some assets back for TM  and/or make cap room for a big top 6 upgrade.

Uhm Juulsen has 2 assists and is -1 in 29 games 14 mins a game, while he has played well defensively you cannot compare him to Myers as a replacement...

The coaching staff has Myers playing well, and they play him a lot because they do not use the "eye test" fans use... 3g 15a 18p +16 in 41 games 19 mins a game

That being said you are correct that would get assets for Myers and other teams would love to add a big RHD with good reach and some offense

Edited by canuck73
spelling

47 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

2L's in a row is slumping. Oh those slumping Rangers. 

7 minutes ago, canuck73 said:

Uhm Juulsen has 2 assists and is -1 in 29 games 14 mins a game, while he has played well defensively you cannot compare him to Myers as a replacement...

The coaching staff has Myers playing well, and they play him a lot because they do not use the "eye test" fans use... 3g 15a 18p +16 in 41 games 19 mins a game

That being said you are correct that would get assets for Myers and other teams would love to add a big RHD with good reach and some offense

Contract year. Far better pairing partners. Far better coaches. He's 34 in.3 weeks. It has nothing to do with 'eye test' - with these conditions, this is it, this is as good as we'll ever see him. If we can sell (relatively) high on him now, AND clear his cap to make other upgrades its time. 

Juulson won't provide any offence thats true, but we don't need him to. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Contract year. Far better pairing partners. Far better coaches. He's 34 in.3 weeks. It has nothing to do with 'eye test' - with these conditions, this is it, this is as good as we'll ever see him. If we can sell (relatively) high on him now, AND clear his cap to make other upgrades its time. 

Juulson won't provide any offence thats true, but we don't need him to. 

Pretty much is the eye test imho... to say we can just remove Myers production and ice time and replace him with Juulsen's production... to add a forward...

Sorry I just do not agree. And seems to me the coaching staff does not agree with you either. Juulsen is not the answer... We need depth on D

Now if we had a RHD prospect ready to go and actually produce and eat minutes then I am all for moving on from an aging defense man in a contract year as you said.

Just now, canuck73 said:

Pretty much is the eye test imho... to say we can just remove Myers production and ice time and replace him with Juulsen's production... to add a forward...

but I just said we don't need production out of Juulson. 

Just now, canuck73 said:

Sorry I just do not agree. And seems to me the coaching staff does not agree with you either. Juulsen is not the answer... We need depth on D

Now if we had a RHD prospect ready to go and actually produce and eat minutes then I am all for moving on from an aging defense man in a contract year as you said.

but we do need to add more size and skill to the 2nd line. If we can turn Myers via a cap clearing move into a 2C we'd be better off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

He did destroy Duncan Keith.... For that alone, I will forever be grateful for him... One of the best hits for the Canucks this last decade...

I never gave up on Myers

Best nickname in the game. We have to keep him .

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, canuck73 said:

My guess is they'll hang onto Myers for a playoff run and let him walk in the off season as he's probably priced himself out of van with the year he's having.

• Cheers 2

At this point I’d rather trade Kuzmenko + picks + B prospects for a Top 6 upgrade. 

The defence group is finally playing solid. We finally have depth. When is the last time we were able to give a player like Cole the night off? Players get banged up in the playoffs and it’s better to have another capable dman sitting on the side. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I never gave up on Myers

Best nickname in the game. We have to keep him .

Myers has a love / hate relationship with the fans... When the team is struggling, he just seems to be caught constantly in bad positions, but when he is on, he is awesome.

During the Bubble playoffs run, he was the strongest and toughest of our defenders.

Got penalised time and time again for being big compared to other players... This its one of the reasons he doesn't play really hard, as he'll just get sent to cool off...

Now he isn't alone in playing hard hockey on the backend, so less focus towards Myers. I expect him to be really good come playoffs.

Whether its because he has better playing partners, or its because of coaching, I don't know, but he has definitely found the melody again. 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

At the same time they gotta be carful and not upset the chemistry snd find the fight fit…

A Tyler Toffoly type

the dude was a team player everyone loved him fit right in… totally improved the team 

I mentioned Tofu before anyone else did in this thread or another one. Toffoli would be a great add. Reasonable cap hit and on an expiring contract. A good rental type player.

• Like 3