PGT - Canucks at Islanders - 01/09/24

PhillipBlunt

26 minutes ago, sassbs said:

True, however, the man has made 6 million for years.  I’m sure he would take a discount to stay on a winning team especially with the bonds he has made throughout the years 

He'll take less than he's making now, but not by a lot, imo

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He'll take less than he's making now, but not by a lot, imo

If there's someone who's going to take a discount, it's Myers. I think he'll sign for Cole/Soucy money for 2-3 years and finish his career as a Canuck.

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Drance, JPat, Sekeres and Price need to removed from Vancouver's media sphere. 

I like JPat.  Not the best on the radio, but he finds the most obscure and interesting stats like for example just earlier today he’s said that no two Canucks have ever COMBINED for 100 points while Quinn is on pace for 100 by himself and with Hronek is on pace for 170 combined

Edited by Rindiculous

34 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

You take the assets that you get from Myers and flip it towards the future asset you want longer term. Same as we did for Horvat. We aren't in a position yet to be letting valuable assets walk for free. Imagine had we gotten hauls for Mark, Tanev and Toff where those pieces would be now? In the Hronek trade we took the 1st and added our own 2nd. Myers (the way he's playing) should be traded for at least a 2nd and a solid prospect, potentially even a 1st!.  We will then take the draft pick and attach our own pick/prospect  like to OTT for Artem Zub who's 28yrs . 6'3 200. 

Something like 

Myer to contender for 2nd and prospect 

Zub to Van for 2nd (we acquired and Bains or another draft pick. Something like that) 

Zub is under control for 3 years after this one. 

We get value for a pending UFA who we won't sign to an extension and in turn get Zub who will be a big part of our team going forward. For cents on the dollar.

Way cheaper to sign myers to a 3 or 4 year deal and keep our picks. Why you do all that for a player with less experience? Myers isnt going to be wanting 4 Mil on this next contract if he can get term. We get value to take us past OEL buyout hit.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I think I'd rather see them move picks for a pure rental 2C for the rest of the season and playoff run and keep Kuz

I just don’t think it would work cap space wise. We would probably have to move some cap out to be able to bring someone meaningful in.

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Drance's burner account confirmed.

This media world we live in is so pathetic. I would imagine it's totally possible to keep your job and have only one person in the world that likes your vitriol. 

He' such a loser I could see him going around all day with burner accounts spreading his cancer, liking and upvoting himself and trying to make himself relevant. What a dweeb to the nth degree. What is that clown's job anyway, is he even an actual reporter or does he just write/blog for that athletic sham?

23 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Drance, JPat, Sekeres and Price need to removed from Vancouver's media sphere. 

I don't know about that. They have every right, regardless how we feel about them, to ply their trade. Clearly some folks like it and give them traffic. 

42 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Lol 

Could easily be a first round matchup the way things are going. Although if the Oilers keep playing like this they'll be in the top 3 sooner than later. In fact I think they will definitely push either LA or Vegas down. Only 4 points back of LA, same number of games, and 8 back of Vegas, with 3 in hand. I'd  be worried if I was a Vegas fan ... I guess we could get them in a first round matchup too. 

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

This media world we live in is so pathetic. I would imagine it's totally possible to keep your job and have only one person in the world that likes your vitriol. 

It's slowly drifted away from being about reporting factual accounts of occurrences and situations, to more of an insular, self-serving opinion- based method of information management. 

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He' such a loser I could see him going around all day with burner accounts spreading his cancer, liking and upvoting himself and trying to make himself relevant. What a dweeb to the nth degree. What is that clown's job anyway, is he even an actual reporter or does he just write/blog for that athletic sham?

I've been aware of him ever since his time creating Canucks Army, and he's always been a self-promoter over being an actual reporter. The difference between him and MacIntyre or Kuzma is noticeable. Consider Miller's response to him last week. Clearly Drunce is all in (much like the rest of CA) on the analytics train and has no applicable knowledge or experience otherwise to apply to his approach. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's slowly drifted away from being about reporting factual accounts of occurrences and situations, to more of an insular, self-serving opinion- based method of information management. 

I've been aware of him ever since his time creating Canucks Army, and he's always been a self-promoter over being an actual reporter. The difference between him and MacIntyre or Kuzma is noticeable. Consider Miller's response to him last week. Clearly Drunce is all in (much like the rest of CA) on the analytics train and has no applicable knowledge or experience otherwise to apply to his approach. 

Are you referring to when Miller ribbed him for mixing up Zadorov and Myers? 

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

So what is your interpretation of the meaning behind Miller giving him a rib? 

Miller would not say that to someone he respected. He did it polite and a bit funny but its still obvious but I mean why cant a team just be good? As it is? Why are people still speculating trades? We have a team.

• Upvote 3