PGT - Canucks at Islanders - 01/09/24

PhillipBlunt

1 hour ago, arsenalian said:

Curious to see what the record comparison between the 2 teams is at the halfway point of the season, but no idea how to look up the 1/2 way point record for 2011 (not a stats guy). Seems to me this team may actually have a better record to this point as they’re breaking all these team records, number of games to reach 20

wins, etc. Of course it’s only the playoffs that matter now.

IMG_1856.png

IMG_1857.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I have to add in here. I don’t like the word “bust” used for Juulsen. I don’t think most fans know he had a serious eye injury at the start of his nhl career in Montreal. He almost lost his vision in one eye.

This is a long road to recovery story more than a bust story with his development.

I think we are finally seeing what he was always supposed to be.

yup there's a good skill set there, or at least the potential for it. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yup there's a good skill set there, or at least the potential for it. 

For sure, he has another level to him.

I think he can easily get to being a consistent bottom pair shut down guy. Which he’s almost at now, he’s averaging around 15 mins I believe. So to me that’s a bottom pair/7th dman kind of mins. Next step is he just doesn’t come out of the lineup period and plays around 18 mins. If he goes further than that…wow what a story.

1 minute ago, Thats a small body said:

I still feel like im in some weird fever dream

So true, this could be the best Canucks team ever assembled.  That's Bonkers.   The Canucks have Moneyball Savant tier Pro Scouting and I don't think there's anything they can't pull off.  And I'm here for all of it.  

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

As much as how great of an addition Lindholm would be, I don't think Calgary's ready to get fleeced by the same divisional rival twice in the same season 😅

Fair point, unless the last trade greased the wheels a little and we offer them something that others can't. Dare to dream. Lindholm would be such a great fit.

42 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I mean, people want a 2c FOR kuzy and mik. So if you lose kuzy what is the point? I love the lotto line, but Petey's best value will be with those two. ANYBODY can play with JT and Brock. We have lots of wingers in ABBY who can come up when playoffs start with no cap issue.

So if the Canucks are "buyers" i would hope its at the AHL level. Maybe get Cole Lind back.

I see you're really banging the drum hard for not adding or subtracting anyone from this group. I think people are rightfully thinking about it at this stage. Remember our competition will be doing the same. 

I do think you're right to some extent that you don't want to mess with chemistry. However there are still question marks on this team. Are we strong enough and deep enough to play playoff hockey? Do we have enough scoring and grit in the top 6. When a team is doing this well typically you want to see that out and give yourself the best chance at winning.

We really have zero AHL guys I would be 100% comfortable throwing into a playoff series. In fact quite the opposite, we haven't had a single call up come in and show that capability. Also, a Cole Lind type is not going to accomplish anything.

12 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

What do you all think of this from MoneyPuck 

GDgvJs8bYAADJxV.jpeg

I would love it.... but when I go down the list there are some "inconsistencies" because its not just about numbers, its about motivation, experience, depth, and "streakyness" 

57 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Arguably our biggest weakness right now is not having a single right-handed centre, and our faceoff percentage struggles. Elias Lindholm is right handed and second in the league for FO% with a cap hit of 4.85 this year. Kuzy++ might get it done for Calgary. Abby guys for the post-season won't put us over the top, but someone like EL very well could. 

Petey - Miller - Brock

Hogs - Lindholm - Mik

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

PDG - Suter - Laff

its would cost us Lekkerimaki for sure, too as they'd be taking salary back.

If there was a really good extension in there it might be worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its would cost us Lekkerimaki for sure, too as they'd be taking salary back.

If there was a really good extension in there it might be worth it. 

Lekk and Willander are untouchables. Kuz, Aman, and a 1st? 

Edit: nvm. Got it the wrong way around cap-wise...

Edited by Jester13
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Lekk and Willander are untouchables. Kuz, Aman, and a 1st? 

Could be? I feel like they'll get a higher pick than ours and other roster offers. 

I can handle the idea of losing JL, but only if we get good cost control back on a key position. I really doubt Allvin would burn such a key prospect for a rental. This ain't Jimbo's team anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

What do you all think of this from MoneyPuck 

GDgvJs8bYAADJxV.jpeg

I’m not a proponent of gambling however I appreciate the stats. 

The winning and standings seem surreal to me.

If this is for real and I’m not yet 100% sure it is, it’s happening far faster than I could have imagined. 

What a treat it is to finally have a truly competitive team again. We’re seeing consistent play making, goal scoring and team confidence that’s been missing for a decade. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I’m not a proponent of gambling however I appreciate the stats. 

The winning and standings seem surreal to me.

If this is for real and I’m not yet 100% sure it is, it’s happening far faster than I could have imagined. 

What a treat it is to finally have a truly competitive team again. We’re seeing consistent play making, goal scoring and team confidence that’s been missing for a decade. 

I don't gamble and would never promote it but if their money is on the Canucks and they're not in the business of losing money, I find that Very interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Could be? I feel like they'll get a higher pick than ours and other roster offers. 

I can handle the idea of losing JL, but only if we get good cost control back on a key position. I really doubt Allvin would burn such a key prospect for a rental. This ain't Jimbo's team anymore. 

Yeah, I see no world where Lekk will get moved because we basically know what we have in him. This year's 1st is almost certainly on the table for the right player, same with Kuz. The only other option is to go after a winger and break up the Lotto line.

Lindholm lineup:

Petey - Miller -Boeser

Hogs - Lindholm - Mik

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

Guentzel lineup:

Guentzel - Petey - Mik

Hogs - Miller - Boeser

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

I just don't see any other guys out there to trade for that make sense to go for it with. If we can't somehow get one of the two above, I'd rather we just keep our assets, hope that Kuzy finds his form again and can perform in the playoffs, and go with the group we have right now. Worst case scenario is still a very good case scenario.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Yeah, I see no world where Lekk will get moved because we basically know what we have in him. This year's 1st is almost certainly on the table for the right player, same with Kuz. The only other option is to go after a winger and break up the Lotto line.

Lindholm lineup:

Petey - Miller -Boeser

Hogs - Lindholm - Mik

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

Guentzel lineup:

Guentzel - Petey - Mik

Hogs - Miller - Boeser

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

I just don't see any other guys out there to trade for that make sense to go for it with. If we can't somehow get one of the two above, I'd rather we just keep our assets, hope that Kuzy finds his form again and can perform in the playoffs, and go with the group we have right now. Worst case scenario is still a very good case scenario.i

I certainly wouldn't be upset to see the deals you are proposing.