PGT - Canucks at Islanders - 01/09/24

PhillipBlunt

5 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I don't feel bad at all. He was one of the reasons why the team was unsuccessful. Eating up huge minutes with minimum effort most nights.

His first few years he was a wagon like Miller is but then he mailed it in on 75% of his games. When he was skating he was a dominant first line player but when he wasn't we saw much of exactly what he was this game. Disappointing. 

I’ve got 68,000,000 tears that says he’ll be okay. 

• ThereItIs 1

55 minutes ago, Tusk said:

So my main concern is that without cap space, we have to move a significant cap space out with a trade. So you all are thinking Kuzmenko because he just isnt connecting right now.

But who is to say someone coming into the group is going to gel with the team? Look a Huberdeau in Calgary.

Are we even going to give away prospects too? If Alvin can find someone who is on a long contract and the team is willing to retain cap, then ok. I am for it.

but at some point Kuzy will stop dreaming of Bali and start dreaming of the stanley cup and will get going again.

Yeah maybe Kuz gets it maybe he doesn't. I trust the management group and the coach though. If they think it's better off trading Kuzmenko for a better fitting player I'll accept that they have the proper vision for what we have and where we're going, and the probability that new player gels with the team.

I get the hesitation with prospects too. I really don't want to trade Lekkerimaki, or Willander, but the rest I'm okay with. The first is nice but it's likely a later one so for the right player I'm down with that. Ideally like you said we'd get a roster piece for the future as well.

Another consideration is we're going to be struggling with the cap again. In that sense it may make sense to free ourselves of that $5.5 mil cap hit next season for a rental this season. We got Petterson and Hronek deals, OEL hit, Joshua, Zadorov, Myers, Cole, DeSmith and Blueger expiring.

It'll be interesting to see what transpires regardless.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Nay he's a cup chasing curse at this point of his career. If we sign him we might as well accept were sent winning. Everywhere he's gone lately goes far but loses 

I'm not so sure that's the negative you think it is. He was a pretty strong player the last several years in the playoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Yeah, I see no world where Lekk will get moved because we basically know what we have in him. This year's 1st is almost certainly on the table for the right player, same with Kuz. The only other option is to go after a winger and break up the Lotto line.

Lindholm lineup:

Petey - Miller -Boeser

Hogs - Lindholm - Mik

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

Guentzel lineup:

Guentzel - Petey - Mik

Hogs - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

I just don't see any other guys out there to trade for that make sense to go for it with. If we can't somehow get one of the two above, I'd rather we just keep our assets, hope that Kuzy finds his form again and can perform in the playoffs, and go with the group we have right now. Worst case scenario is still a very good case scenario.

PDG is not in my fantasy line up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

He's a hack

A HACK YOU SAY !?!?!?!!!!!!!!

Drance is a member of the group that needs a sudden visit from the Angel of Death or whose parents medical plan should have included free abortion or be been beaten with heavy mining equipment or locked into a portable toilet and set on fire .... Acknowledgement to George Carlin (one of my favorite people, RIP George, you said it like it is/was and are missed for it). 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Today Jason Bukala was on 650 & he floated the idea of Adam Henrique as a name to target, and honestly I like the idea. Pending UFA, versatility to play C & W, veteran that will be cheaper than a top dog like Lindholm.

Henrique is definitely an intriguing name. Guy has quietly been very consistent and can fill the 2C role better than what we have. I like this idea. I think Lindholm is more talented. I like the idea of having a difference maker there because the wings are so weak. But I still think Henrique is a good more cost effective option.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Today Jason Bukala was on 650 & he floated the idea of Adam Henrique as a name to target, and honestly I like the idea. Pending UFA, versatility to play C & W, veteran that will be cheaper than a top dog like Lindholm.

Heard that too, problem is cap. If we could flip Myers and a pick for AH 50% retained and Lyubushkin it would be a solid move.

But does that cost us our 1st?

• Upvote 1

This is the goal Horvat scored that earned him the nickname Mr. Bo Dangles. Can't believe this was over 3 years ago. We are a better team with Hronek though and Hughes has unlocked another level because of him.  It was a good trade for both teams.

• Cheers 1

Everyone needs to put the trade Myers talk to rest. Yeah the guy makes mistakes but we won’t have the same depth with him gone. I’d be happy with re-signing both Myers and Zadorav to equal 4 million/year deals in the off season. 

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yes... Might be a good fit as second line C.  We could trade Kuzy and get a 2nd round pick (that will be a 32 to 37 overall).  Same money in and out... I like it.  Off the books next season unless he's a good fit.  Wouldn't cost much to re-sign him.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Henrique is definitely an intriguing name. Guy has quietly been very consistent and can fill the 2C role better than what we have. I like this idea. I think Lindholm is more talented. I like the idea of having a difference maker there because the wings are so weak. But I still think Henrique is a good more cost effective option.

34 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Heard that too, problem is cap. If we could flip Myers and a pick for AH 50% retained and Lyubushkin it would be a solid move.

But does that cost us our 1st?

26 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Yes... Might be a good fit as second line C.  We could trade Kuzy and get a 2nd round pick (that will be a 32 to 37 overall).  Same money in and out... I like it.  Off the books next season unless he's a good fit.  Wouldn't cost much to re-sign him.

The money is clearly the big hurdle here. The 2 candidates to move are obvious; Myers / Kuzmenko.

I've advocated moving Myers for a long time, but the only thing I'd say is he's a popular teammate so I do wonder just a smidge about disrupting chemistry. But to make a sizable move that might be the risk you take, on the ice I think he could be replaced. @Bob Long Good trade idea, I don't think it should cost a first, but I also dont have the greatest hold on what Lubushkin's value would be. We could probably move Myers for a pick ourselves then use that pick in a deal.

Kuzmenko on the otherhand I think is an issue that they should try to move. And I hate to say that cause I like Kuz, and I think he's talented, but its a square peg in a round hole situation. And he won't be trusted by Tocchet come playoff time anyways. Even if they could move him for a pending UFA that fits better, your upgrading your roster now & creating flexibility next year.

If you move both, then you can take 2 swings.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Good idea. Keep that 2024 1st.

There has to be a centre late in the 1st round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Ok Drance, nice try.

Busted.

(He's a Toronto hack and no, fans are not misrepresenting him because they're stupid. Quite the opposite....Rick Dhaliwal and JT have both called him out recently. Where there's smoke there's fire. Intellectual honesty means we see right through his drivel and he's a floppy fish. He thought this team was a bust).

Give me a break with this emotional intelligence crap.

Everyone, even Drance, had this team as a bubble playoff team. They've surprised everyone, even Drance. The level of hate for him is based in negative bias towards him for saying anything critical about the team of the past. If I'm so off base, why can others see what I see and be level-headed about it whereas the haters continue to dig their heels in and cry the same platitudes as before? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Nay he's a cup chasing curse at this point of his career. If we sign him we might as well accept were sent winning. Everywhere he's gone lately goes far but loses 

What about the hot dog eater? The guy is a winner and would help our offence, especially PP2

IMG_6115.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Everyone, even Drance, had this team as a bubble playoff team. They've surprised everyone, even Drance. The level of hate for him is based in negative bias towards him for saying anything critical about the team of the past. If I'm so off base, why can others see what I see and be level-headed about it whereas the haters continue to dig their heels in and cry the same platitudes as before? 

Not me. I really felt they would make a top 3 divisional spot. Didn’t care what anyone said. I liked the personnel and the new coaching style coming into the season.

• Like 2