PGT - Canucks at Islanders - 01/09/24

PhillipBlunt

13 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Everyone needs to put the trade Myers talk to rest. Yeah the guy makes mistakes but we won’t have the same depth with him gone. I’d be happy with re-signing both Myers and Zadorav to equal 4 million/year deals in the off season. 

Allvin has 11 contract renewals coming due at the end of the season.  He is obviously looking at Petey first and will be prioritizing his list while trying to improve the team at the same time.  Who gets signed will depend on the on ice fit as well as the cap fit based on player demands and how that might play out over the coming years wrt dead cap and free agent alternatives.

My personal priority list:

1. Petey
  2. Hronek
  3. DeSmith

After that, I think we'll be looking at a partner for Quinn Hughes.  Myers might be considered top 4 depending on the alternatives.  He's not bad with a good partner but I can't see him back for more than $3M but not if he's going to be bottom pair.  I think that if there is a good alternative, he'll be a free agent.  Zadorov is a very good bottom pair D but it's pretty hard to pay a bottom pair player $4M.  He's only back at that number on a short term contract and if his partner is getting less than $1M.

Blueger is high on my list too.  It's clearly a complicated puzzle to work out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Grandmaster said:

Not me. I really felt they would make a top 3 divisional spot. Didn’t care what anyone said. I liked the personnel and the new coaching style coming into the season.

Yup. Alf has been saying 105 points, the same number Quinn Hughes gets, since summer. We are smrt! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Not everyone...you don't speak for everyone.

And you also can't tell others why it is they dislike him. You labelling it as crying and haters? And somehow attributing only those who agree with you as level headed. More crap. We don't have to follow you on a Drancer love fest to be credible.

He's now trying to board the bus ... just like McLean/Burr when he looked bad for being anti-Burr. Drance is being called out lately...by level headed hockey types. 

Ignore is being set because people who have to resort to "haters" "crying" etc. aren't worth listening to. Weak presentation.

You won't see this since you're putting me on ignore, but thanks for proving my point.

11 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It's not really hate, though.

You have to admit, some of his gaffes have been very costly and boneheaded.

I like him and want him to succeed....but the criticism, at times, has been warranted. I mean, diving on Petey? WTH was that? Could've caused an injury and really messed us up. When he's good, fine. But when he's not, it's glaring. The coaches seem to be on top of it though, and I hope we don't have to revisit the giraffe gaffes. He's an asset when he's on. But to pretend he's always been at his best is not really painting an accurate picture. It's easy to look at stats but they only tell part of the story...when the team's on, everyone looks good.

There is definite real hating out there. Just yesterday, I saw someone say he was the worst player on the team. Is this criticism? Hating will go on and haters will pounce on him whenever he makes a mistake.

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I ran out of tweets. but if you guys all just search for #NHLAllStarVote you can scroll through hundreds of tweets with our guys and re-post. I dont use twitter but I sure burned it out today!

21 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Allvin has 11 contract renewals coming due at the end of the season.  He is obviously looking at Petey first and will be prioritizing his list while trying to improve the team at the same time.  Who gets signed will depend on the on ice fit as well as the cap fit based on player demands and how that might play out over the coming years wrt dead cap and free agent alternatives.

1. Petey
  2. Hronek
  3. DeSmith

After that, I think we'll be looking at a partner for Quinn Hughes.  Myers might be considered top 4 depending on the alternatives.  He's not bad with a good partner but I can't see him back for more than $3M but not if he's going to be bottom pair.  I think that if there is a good alternative, he'll be a free agent.  Zadorov is a very good bottom pair D but it's pretty hard to pay a bottom pair player $4M.  He's only back at that number on a short term contract and if his partner is getting less than $1M.

I think we need Cole for the rest of the year. But with his cap and Myers taking maybe a really long deal at a low cap.....  like the league minimum for 8 years? 

We might be able to keep this group together at least another year or two?

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I think we need Cole for the rest of the year. But with his cap and Myers taking maybe a really long deal at a low cap.....  like the league minimum for 8 years? 

Myers 2 mil x 8 years and then a trip to Robidaus Island after 3? 

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

$6.2m spread over 8 years?

Myers is 34 this off season. Can't see him wanting to play til he's 42. He could probably earn $6m in the next 2 years if he was willing to play anywhere.

49 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Kuzmenko on the otherhand I think is an issue that they should try to move. And I hate to say that cause I like Kuz, and I think he's talented, but its a square peg in a round hole situation. And he won't be trusted by Tocchet come playoff time anyways. Even if they could move him for a pending UFA that fits better, your upgrading your roster now & creating flexibility next year.

My exact thought.  I love Kuzy... His personality, his skill.  He's a very talented player but not a winning piece on this team, the way it's been instructed to play.  If we swap Hendrik for Kuzy, I'm sure we could get a decent pick as well.

• ThereItIs 1

36 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

1. Petey
  2. Hronek
  3. DeSmith

Will be a really tough off season for sure. Joshua and Lafferty as well. Really not a single player that hasn’t deserved a re-signing. All depends on the dollar amounts I guess. I think the domino’s fall with Petey and then Hronek. Myers/Zadorav/Desmith after that Joshua/Bluegar/Lafferty at the end.

26 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

That pick is looking to be 27+. The pick could be its most valuable as a trade asset at the deadline. I think I'd use it as a chip.

Id only be comfortable trading it in a package for a player with term.

Someone like Eriksson Ek would be a great add long term.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Not everyone...you don't speak for everyone.

And you also can't tell others why it is they dislike him. You labelling it as crying and haters? And somehow attributing only those who agree with you as level headed. More crap. We don't have to follow you on a Drancer love fest to be credible.

He's now trying to board the bus ... just like McLean/Burr when he looked bad for being anti-Burr. Drance is being called out lately...by level headed hockey types. 

Ignore is being set because people who have to resort to "haters" "crying" etc. aren't worth listening to. Weak presentation.

Even Miller called out Drance and told jim to actually start watching the games…

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Can't say I disagree, however I doubt it's possible. Never know though, Alvin's pretty good.

Even the Hronek trade is pretty damn good too. 

Those are the kind of trades I'm okay with giving up a 1st +. 

24-25 years old, just entering their prime. 

Players with impact and common sense. 

Edit: There was some clown on here offering a 1st + for Zadorov. That's fucking stupid as shit. 

Those are NOT the types of deals anyone in their right mind would make. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Even Miller called out Drance and told jim to actually start watching the games…

Yeah - but next day on Donny & Dhali, Rick said that Drance and JT were good friends, so Miller felt comfortable ribbing him.  Nothing malicious or "putting him in his place " about it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

My exact thought.  I love Kuzy... His personality, his skill.  He's a very talented player but not a winning piece on this team, the way it's been instructed to play.  If we swap Hendrik for Kuzy, I'm sure we could get a decent pick as well.

And in fairness to him, its only his 2nd year in the league & we weren't expecting to contend this quickly. But here we are so that's the situation.

Its also important they do it sooner than later imo. Right now he prob still has some value not far removed from 39 goals, but if it drags into next season he could become a total cap dump.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Id only be comfortable trading it in a package for a player with term.

Someone like Eriksson Ek would be a great add long term.

That would be a great add. Buchnevich too. Would probably cost another significant piece than just the first tho.

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Good idea. Keep that 2024 1st.

There has to be a centre late in the 1st round.

Noah Östlund. He is the one. Trade with Buffalo. Kuzmenko and our 2024 1st. 

Petey           Miller        Boeser 

Höglander   Östlund    Lekkerimäki

The Lotto Line

The Umlaut Line 

The Swedes are coming. The Swedes are coming. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1