PGT - Canucks at Islanders - 01/09/24

PhillipBlunt

17 minutes ago, nergish said:

I think we should and will go all in this year.

But at the same time, it’s kind of crazy to think that this is only year one of the Quinn Hughes captaincy era.

Nothing against Bo, but this is what happens when you make your best player captain. Quinn sets a standard by bringing it every night, but always raises the bar with his skill.

Excellent post and points! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Happy with the result tonight + how things are going on this trip so far.  I thought they needed some secondary scoring and was glad to see Garland, Mikheyiv and Joshua all chip in.a bit as suspected that teams would really key in on the Lotto line.

I am still a bit concerned about Kuz though as he has not the same impact as last year so far - I missed most of the game tonight but how was Kuz' overall game? - did he drive the offence on his line or go to the net (at least he was at 0 +/-)     Hopefully he continues to the do the right things and improve moving forward as we will eventually need all hands on deck.

Glad to see this team moving in the right direction + hopefully towards a solid playoff qualification.  As RT previously said, haven't won anything but nice to continue improving towards that elusive playoff spot - focus game at a time for the second half of the season.  In terms of All Star game voting, they will have some representation but hopefully other teams will get multiple representations - don't think some of the Canucks would mine for quiet down time during the break.

Hope the guys get a much deserved rest tonight and then prepare for an improved Penguins team on Thursday (7-2-1 in last 10)

Just Win.jpg

Think about the long run.

I’ve said it before so I repeat myself.

Just as Tocchet brought the Lottoline together just to smash New York to smithereens he can let Kuz get a free role when necessary.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The original post by EP that started all this was “Canucks sweeping NY teams 3 in a row”.

Oh I was focusing more on what the broadcast crew were saying during the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 27 Percent said:

Is this team better than 2011?

Gotta be on par. Especially if Kuz starts scoring more. We've barely even seen Soucy yet, at the beginning of the season I think I was more excited to see the difference he brings over Suter and Blueger. Feels like they're still improving it's crazy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Not gonna lie I was pretty down on the team after the lost to St. Louis and was looking ahead to a possible 4 game losing streak way to prove me wrong very tidy game tonight 

stand disagree GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Swap Kuzmenko plus some pieces for a Kesler 2.0 and I would lay a rather large bet on the Canucks going all the way this year ... yes, looking good, hope for an upgrade to the team that gets us closer to a truly elite team.

Have to give up something to get something good. I like Kuzmenko but there isn't a GM in the NHL that if given the opportunity to trade Kuzmenko for a player that is is the mold of Kesler in his prime wouldn't shoot his secretary if he/she didn't get the signed acceptance offer off the fax machine in record time. 

In all seriousness, pieces would have to be added (i.e., high picks, and/or a prospect) to pull off that deal ... just my opinion. 

LOL, OOPS, quoted myself ... this was in reply to @Tusk sad reaction.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 27 Percent said:

Is this team better than 2011?

Too early to tell. 

That team set all sorts of club records, Prez trophy etc.  And most importantly had many yrs of playoff experience as a group.  They lost to Hawks twice already and won it in the third try.  

Playoffs are a different beast.   I think this team will do well, but it remains to be seen.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Only thing I worry about is they're Canucks... refs don't like us in the playoffs.  Half our blueline will get suspended lol

Well thats how Boston beat us, they took so many penalties the refs had to stop calling them and "even" things out. I think we have the depth now to take a few suspensions (in the final)

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

Well thats how Boston beat us, they took so many penalties the refs had to stop calling them and "even" things out. I think we have the depth now to take a few suspensions (in the final)

Main problem was we had them on the ropes then Rome's late hit helped them rally back to beat us.That and Lou's sub par goaltending.

Those two things beat us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

Need I say more?

IMG_9235.thumb.jpeg.3181117935e5add13f040a7ef7af8258.jpeg

Exactly at the 50% mark.   

Still lot of games left.   But it's been a great season so far.  

Like to see how they match up to Jets, LAK and VGK.  

5 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Have to give up something to get something good. I like Kuzmenko but there isn't a GM in the NHL that if given the opportunity to trade Kuzmenko for a player that is is the mold of Kesler in his prime wouldn't shoot his secretary if he/she didn't get the signed acceptance offer off the fax machine in record time. 

In all seriousness, pieces would have to be added (i.e., high picks, and/or a prospect) to pull off that deal ... just my opinion. 

LOL, OOPS, quoted myself ... this was in reply to @Tusk sad reaction.

Tocc knows what players need. Kuzmenko will get his "juice" too. We dont need to change anything.

• Cheers 1