[Proposal] Corey Perry - Would you?

12 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Perry's a bit of a goalie nightmare, isn't he? Have to admit, it's been a while since I paid attention to Perry's game, but I recall him creating havoc in front, and getting a lot of goals that way. Playoff performer. 

Bieksa has said that in Anaheim they called him The Worm because he could always worm his way into the centre of the action and cause havoc. Bieksa really liked that about Perry.

• Cheers 2

If he can keep things under control I wouldn't oppose especially at 1.5 or less. Was against trading for him when rumours started because of giving up an asset and paying 2 Mill+ for a potential problem. Now send to AHL and scratch or tell him to stay home if problematic. 

• Cheers 1

Talk to the leadership group for their take. If there’s a consensus that there’s a place for CP on the team, then it would be worth kicking the tires.

Perry would be a good add as he’s a proven winner, who can drag the team back into the fight when times get tough in the playoffs.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

As long as he has made up for whatever happened, maybe? I might be worried about introducing a team chemistry issue tho.

It's been said he's great in the room, so having him push out Aman at such low risk, and likely at league minimum, would be nice with his experience.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

No thx 

I like him so much I hope Toronto signs him 

Had a laugh at first, Cheers-ed for responding.

Curious though, on ice, what is it you do not like about him and why you wouldn't want him on the team even if it was for free. For the record, my opinion is in the first post so interested in a counterpoint argument - in all seriousness. 

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

It's been said he's great in the room, so having him push out Aman at such low risk, and likely at league minimum, would be nice with his experience.

On the farm we always said “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Is our bottom six broke and adding Perry will fix the problem? Maybe we need to focus on getting a winger for Petey, who can also play 2C? 

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Jeeze. I had no idea. He seems so easy going. 

I certainly don’t crucify anyone for making  a few mistakes in life , we all do . 
As long as it’s not a pattern or habitual. 

Alcohol is a hell of a drug. Staying sober probably has a lot to do with him just being better. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

On the farm we always said “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Is our bottom six broke and adding Perry will fix the problem? Maybe we need to focus on getting a winger for Petey, who can also play 2C? 

I'm all for a 2C, if we can. We're just spitballing all kinds of options. Replacing Aman on the 4th line with someone like Perry, who can also play up the lineup, would make us a better team, and we wouldn't have to move any picks or prospects to do it. Cheap risk with high reward potential. If Allvin goes for him, I won't be mad one bit.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

I have no problem bringing him in, my mom loves him! 🥰

So many jokes but given the "clearing up" that was done by all involved would not be appropriate. I second (up vote) your first half of the sentence, the latter half you are all on our own there my friend.

Edited by Rocket-68

43 minutes ago, Billabong said:

Perry is always a monster in the playoffs but I don’t think he has the pace to play our style and we really don’t have a spot for him in the bottom 6 

I'm intrigued, but don’t see a natural fit. 

He was playing well this year, .5 per game pace. I know he's slow, but he he's a greasy net front guy that I think would add another angle to the Canucks offence. Playoffs, tough to score pretty goals and need greasy ones to make up for it. 

• Like 1